8 night stay - What would you do?

dec2901

Mouseketeer
I hope this makes sense. My DH, 3 yr old son and I are going to WDW October 18-26. On the 24th and 25th I have a CEU conference to attend that is 30 minutes off property. We have 113 points (don't have to use all of them) available to use for our stay and I can't decide what to do. We are open to doing a split stay. I have also been considering using DVC for the first six nights and paying for a room at AofA or other WDW resort for the last two nights (since I can write it off). I want my DH and son to be at a resort that would be easy for them since I will be gone the majority of those two days. We will have a rental car the entire stay. We hope to go to mnsshp and FW. So here are some options I have considered, but maybe you have an idea that I haven't thought of. Thanks for your help. It is so nice to have people to discuss this with. Ideas: 8 nights at studio at OKW 92 points; 8 nights stand studio Akv 102 pts; AKV studio sav view 6nights (98pts) and pay for 2 nights somewhere; okw 5nights (54pts) and last 3 nights that I am gone at a dvc that is close to a park such as WL (47pts) or BLT (49pts) or at Akv in stand (40) or sav (52)

Thanks!!!

I hope this makes sense. My DH, 3 yr old son and I are going to WDW October 18-26. On the 24th and 25th I have a CEU conference to attend that is 30 minutes off property. We have 113 points (don't have to use all of them) available to use for our stay and I can't decide what to do. We are open to doing a split stay. I have also been considering using DVC for the first six nights and paying for a room at AofA or other WDW resort for the last two nights (since I can write it off). I want my DH and son to be at a resort that would be easy for them since I will be gone the majority of those two days. We will have a rental car the entire stay. We hope to go to mnsshp and FW. So here are some options I have considered, but maybe you have an idea that I haven't thought of. Thanks for your help. It is so nice to have people to discuss this with. Ideas: 8 nights at studio at OKW 92 points; 8 nights stand studio Akv 102 pts; AKV studio sav view 6nights (98pts) and pay for 2 nights somewhere; okw 5nights (54pts) and last 3 nights that I am gone at a dvc that is close to a park such as WL (47pts) or BLT (49pts) or at Akv in stand (40) or sav (52)

Thanks!!!
I'd look at moving to the conference location for the 2 nights if possible. Otherwise I'd likely do AKV savannah view. However, it depends on other variables we really don't know including the conference location and spouse/son's preferences.

Thanks!!!

With a 3yo in late Oct, I would suggest AKV-Kidani. The zero clearance pool is awesome and the splash area is great for toddlers. Not to mention the animals. Don't worry that you only have enough points for standard view; there are plenty of places to hang out and view the animals. Whatever you choose, I think I would do as many days in one place. Moving is a drag.

Honestly, I don't think I would blow the $$ for MNSSHP with a 3yo. It really seems like more of an event for older kids and adults. The parade and fireworks are just too late for kids that age. OTOH, F&W is really easy to do with a toddler -- particularly if you have one who can nap in the stroller as you "stroll" around the World Showcase!

I'd look at moving to the conference location for the 2 nights if possible. Otherwise I'd likely do AKV savannah view. However, it depends on other variables we really don't know including the conference location and spouse/son's preferences.

Thanks for replying. The conference is in Maitland, FL which according to google is 30 min away and lasts from 8-5. My husband would rather stay on property while I am away and take lil man to MK, Ak, or DtD and hang out at a resort. My son loves cars so I was thinking if I am ever going to stay there, it would be better to do it when I can write it off.

Thanks for replying. The conference is in Maitland, FL which according to google is 30 min away and lasts from 8-5. My husband would rather stay on property while I am away and take lil man to MK, Ak, or DtD and hang out at a resort. My son loves cars so I was thinking if I am ever going to stay there, it would be better to do it when I can write it off.
Based on location and traffic patterns I think you'll be lucky to get by with an hour each way Friday and 45 minutes on Sat. Plus you'll run a risk of missing a portion if there's an accident or similar. I understand your desire to give them a better experience, I just think the time/distance is too great to make it something I would do and I've gone to many conferences over the years where we stayed close but I had to drive or take a shuttle.

With a 3yo in late Oct, I would suggest AKV-Kidani. The zero clearance pool is awesome and the splash area is great for toddlers. Not to mention the animals. Don't worry that you only have enough points for standard view; there are plenty of places to hang out and view the animals. Whatever you choose, I think I would do as many days in one place. Moving is a drag.

Honestly, I don't think I would blow the $$ for MNSSHP with a 3yo. It really seems like more of an event for older kids and adults. The parade and fireworks are just too late for kids that age. OTOH, F&W is really easy to do with a toddler -- particularly if you have one who can nap in the stroller as you "stroll" around the World Showcase!

I was only looking at Jambo but your post has made me want to look more into Kidani. We have never stayed at AK but recently purchased points there. I worry I will be staying in standard but wishing everyday I had a savannah.

I was only looking at Jambo but your post has made me want to look more into Kidani. We have never stayed at AK but recently purchased points there. I worry I will be staying in standard but wishing everyday I had a savannah.

There are a few standard view rooms at Kidani facing the pool area that have a partial view of the Pembe savanna. You could always put in a request for a pool view. We got lucky with one of those once. But even without the savanna view, there are places to stop and look at animals all along the hallways, in addition to the lobby viewing areas and the fire pit.

Since you will have a car, the parking at Kidani is much better than Jambo. It is under building parking, so the car does not get hot during the day and you can park right under whatever segment of the "necklace" that your villa is located.

One thing that many with small children miss when staying at Kidani is the lack of a counter service restaurant. The Mara is the counter service at Jambo House. It is right next to the pool, so you could always plan lunch there followed by pool time at Jambo for a day or two. The walk to Jambo is fairly easy, or you can hop one of the park buses or the intra-resort shuttle van to get to Jambo. Then just take the van, or a DTD bus, back to Kidani. My little boy was obsessed with Disney transportation when he was 3-5 yo and would take any chance he could get to ride a bus, or boat, or monorail!

I would do a combination of AKV and AoA. A 3 year old would love both resorts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter