8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay off to rest me head ....you scallywags keep the ship clean ..

pirate:

pirate: Dont Mess with the Captain

Take What You Can !!!!

I had a ISP issue tonight - just got on and see that our Captain took another one! What happened to the pirate code where the Captain of a ship only takes a share and a half of the booty? <chuckles>

OK... I've still got some chores to attend to - then I'll try and read a little here before the system shuts down at 12:15PM to refresh.

Boy. I wasn't gone long and y'all just BLEW right past 8000. Ofcourse there was a little cheating- all those posts just to get it up there. ;)

I just ventured over to the regular boards and saw it posted that DCL doesn't plan to assign staterooms to anyone with a GTY until after final payments have been made in May 2008 - blech!

You have got to be kidding me! :faint:

Ok, not to say this is not true, because it may well be. However, if this info is coming from one CM in DCL Ressies, I would want to clarify with a supervisor. I have had a rude awakening this week, and it is; some CM's are very knowledgable, and some just misunderstand the info they are given and pass that misunderstanding onto the us, the customers. And, some CMs just plain don't know what the heck they are talking about and decide to "shoot from the hip" and say what ever they feel like.

Even this morning, when I called to see what was going on with the Cat 4GTY, I had a CM tell me there was no such thing as an IC waitlist for this cruise. Nope, doesn't exsist. She says, "I have been here 3 yrs and at a another cruisline for 8 yrs so I know what I'ma doing and I can tell you there is no wait list...EVER". Asked to speak w/ a super and of course she was incorrect.

I hope this is incorrect. I am very suspicious about all the GTYs. They came very fast. How can I get a GTY 11 when it was still in Tier 1 pricing?

They did start doing gty for rooms AWFUL quick. I would not be surprised if they just started doing gty rooms solely to make things go a little faster and smoother yesterday- so they wouldn't have to try this room, change to this room or that cat because the rooms the customer or TA wanted, etc. That's fine. but I still don't see why they'd need to wait until AFTER pymt in full is made, or worse at the port the day you get on! That's just ridiculous.

Do you all think that we spent enough money yesterday to pay for the new ship? Got to be close.

Well... they have 877 cabins.... of whcih 256 are inside and 621 outside and if we were to assume an average of $6,000 in revenue from each cabin - then that would only be $5,262,000. Add another 1,250,000 for ship board expenditures, transfers, and profit from selling air transfers and I'd guess they got about $6.5M for the 2 week ride on the Magic. Of course - this is money collected before considering any expenses beyond the air fare arrangements I considered above.

The Magic cost $350,000,000 at launch back in 1998... and does anyone want to calculate what sort of debt service would be servicable with about $10M a month in gross revenue? Let's assume they have a 50% operating margin - but I confess that is ust a wild guess. And if so then they have $60M to service debt annually. Of course colatteral business gains - as in land and sea package sales - or otherwise is not considered.

Let me see if I can come up with some real gross margin citations for the cruise industry... Well... Carnival had it's biggest year with just over 1 billion in profit in 2005. But nothing on margins... let me search a little more...

Ughh! We are about to enter the 3:15am twilight zone when it takes forever and a day to post, if you can at all. Wonder if this has changed since the updated site?

When I finally got my quote this morning I asked my travel agent about the status of our GTY cabin and when we should know what cabin we are assigned to. She said that after this Saturday's deposit are due that many of those extra booking would be cancelled and many room will become available and given to those with GTY status. I hope she was correct, because I'd hate to have to wait till after the final due date to find out my family was all over the ship.

Keeping fingers crossed!

iBCE7E20D-50DB-4A42-A3AA-F48E5765C793.jpg

We'll take 4

3x medium...

1x XXX....:rolleyes1:

PS...Can we have "magic" repo man please?.....;-)

Rumour has it that they have sold 150% of the available rooms. They know that MANY will experience sticker shock and drop or will drop duplicate ressies. If that leaves them with 80% or so occupancy that is probably still wildly profitable for them and they didn't have to give any ressies away at special low prices. it is marketing ....all marketing

This would make a lot of sense too IMHO.....:)

I see we lost another one. pirate:
I turned in just before alsodarn it. I was going to try to go for it was was too tired.
But I was rudely awakened by my phones going crazy. They just kept ringing and ringing and there was a fax type tone on the other end:confused3
Have I entered the Pirate Zone?????????

We disconnected the phones. Called Sprint er rather now they are "Embarq" and when I finally got thru they asked me if I heard BELLS RINGING???
Yes, but now the phones are dead!!!!
Please disconnect your phones to stop the ringing and we have someone in the area.......No eta...Great:sad2:

The vonage phone still works. Funny thing was we were talking about cutting off the land line last night to eliminate another bill. But this is the final straw, and we will be flipping the phone# over to the V phone and stop this maddness!!!!

Just needed to vent.Scared the **** out of us. We thought we'd need the brown pants:rotfl2:

Now to try to get back to sleep after that rush.Good thing no work for me.

So good nite whoever is still out there

pirate: Dont Mess with the Captain

Take What You Can !!!!

GIVE NOTHING BACK!

Congrats Captain! pirate: :cheer2:

I just spent the last few hours catching-up. Everyone have a great day!

Mickey&Co

BTW let me introduce myself...my name is Sonia :flower3: :disrocks:

I wanna hurl. We got a GTY cat 9 for 3A for 7096.72 and that's after the 10% discount. :( We also have a GTY cat 7 for 3A for 8659.72 (that makes me really wanna hurl). Long story on that one. DH doesn't want to get stuck on deck 1 with the cat 9, so I think we're biting the bullet and going with the cat 7 GTY.

I guess we got a good deal then Susan. I did find out yesterday that the 3rd and 4th person in our room was 1353.24 each, the first two people were 2253.24 each. We'll just take our chances and see where we wind up, at least we got on the ship!!! :goodvibes

Good Morning Everyone :wave: Happy GROUNDHOG'S DAY!!!

OK here it is on my normal SN ... I hope!! it only took me 45 min to catch up from the night.
I think it is actually quite on here now.. We are getting a few scattered lake effects of snow:cold:

Lisa.. thanks for taking the time to input all our info:grouphug:

now if this works... means I can on do DIS stuff from my laptop in bed..:confused3

82 people currently on the manifest and counting!!!!

Lisa, I'm going to try and get my onfo to you over the weekend, what size photo can be sent, or if they are too large, do you reduce the size to fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter