7/18/2010 Mickey's Baltic Ballyhoo!! Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of funny...
My Dh Darren bumped into a coworker yesterday who came from Russia and they started taking about this trip. Apparently Boris' uncle was in charge of clearing the mines from Peterof's Palace after the war many years ago. So Darren goes.."he got them all, right?':rolleyes:

Then Boris goes "you need 3 days to see St Petersburg" and Darren goes "Boris I have 3 hours!". Yes, he knows we have more time than 3 hours, but he was just trying to be funny:rolleyes1

Boris also said make sure you bring an umbrella as July is one of their rainy months:confused3

Just kind of cool talking to someone from there, even if they moved to the states 30 years ago.

Thanks for the John Lawrence DVD tip. I just ordered it. I am not on your cruise but lurk on your forum for ideas for our June 12 Baltic voyage. :flower3:

I'm going to be a Nana again!!! :yay::banana::yay::banana::yay:
My younger daughter is pregnant and due December 4th. Madison is highly worried about sharing Nana and Papa and any future Disney cruises!:rotfl2:

'Morning sunshine.....well almost 'Afternoon at this point.
:thumbsup2

Good afternoon now :wave2:
:thumbsup2

My younger daughter is pregnant and due December 4th. Madison is highly worried about sharing Nana and Papa and any future Disney cruises!:rotfl2:
Congrats, but if you are hungry for more children I will be glad to send my 2 oldest (TEENAGERS) over.

I wish I had a large extended family so I could leave them with a relative instead of taking them on vacation!:headache::mad::furious:

Thanks for the John Lawrence DVD tip. I just ordered it. I am not on your cruise but lurk on your forum for ideas for our June 12 Baltic voyage. :flower3:
That tip was from scrapcruiser:thumbsup2

Yay:cheer2:
Congratulations:banana:

My DS was not thrilled when his Dsis first showed up but he adjusted:rolleyes1

Well Happy B-Day Andrew!:dance3:

Happy Birthday Andrew

coolest-birthday-cakes_4.jpg

Happy Birthday Andrew :bday:

ditto from me!!

ps How old are you?:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Scottishwee35

THANK YOU everyone greatly appriacted, been down Canary Wharf, for drinks on this loverly evening.
Never ask a man how old he is, but far younger than you think.

For a clue the information is on facebook.

Happy Birthday Andrew! :bday::bday: Hope it's a great one for you.

Sandy :cheer2::boat::sail:

Thank you

Congratulations must be a great feeling, just being a father x 2 is enough for me.

Now off to look at all those PM's.

This will be Madison's cousin, not even a sibling! She has had me all to herself for 8 years!

Its interesting how kids react to this, I recall we were thoughtful of No1 when No 2 was on the way. No1 (DS) got a present from the new baby on his birth, and that helped, if any other kid was around she was protective, but when we were not looking she would *assist* him to topple over with a nice push.

She liked to set him up a bit, there is two and three quarter years between them, and before that she had us all to herself.

They do adjust, but little things like a present from the baby helps as for a time there is less attention on them and that is frightening.

Its interesting how kids react to this, I recall we were thoughtful of No1 when No 2 was on the way. No1 (DS) got a present from the new baby on his birth, and that helped, if any other kid was around she was protective, but when we were not looking she would *assist* him to topple over with a nice push.

She liked to set him up a bit, there is two and three quarter years between them, and before that she had us all to herself.

They do adjust, but little things like a present from the baby helps as for a time there is less attention on them and that is frightening.

My daughter asked me today when the baby gets to cruise??:lmao::lmao::rotfl2:
Madison will be okay, she's my girl and she adjusted pretty well when her dad remarried and had another baby.

Congratulations and all the best to you, your daughter, her hubby, and Madison, of course!!

Andrew, a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY, and many, many, more!

Congrats on the baby !

not much planned here for the weekend - just finishing up travel plans - and got flights home booked tonight

Left - Disneyland Paris and Paris

have a great weekend everyone

Congrats!!! :flower3:
Tell Madison that she'll still be able to get 4 years of cruising without her new cousin since I'm sure you'll want to wait until the baby is at least 3yo to take them on a cruise. :rotfl2:

Kind of funny...
My Dh Darren bumped into a coworker yesterday who came from Russia and they started taking about this trip. Apparently Boris' uncle was in charge of clearing the mines from Peterof's Palace after the war many years ago. So Darren goes.."he got them all, right?':rolleyes:

Then Boris goes "you need 3 days to see St Petersburg" and Darren goes "Boris I have 3 hours!". Yes, he knows we have more time than 3 hours, but he was just trying to be funny:rolleyes1

Boris also said make sure you bring an umbrella as July is one of their rainy months:confused3

Just kind of cool talking to someone from there, even if they moved to the states 30 years ago.

Interesting story about the uncle. Our tour guide didn't mention land mines when we toured there. :confused3

Last time we were there we had 1 sunny day and 1 rainy day. OUr guide told us that we were very lucky to see sunshine the entire day since it usually rains in July. The umbrella tip is a very good one.

Mention which seating we have for meals.

I called to find out (and then to switch) but only the travel agent can make that switch.

I think it makes sense for us to go with the early time if possible given the ages of the people in our group.

Oh, good morning!!

Mention which seating we have for meals.

I called to find out (and then to switch) but only the travel agent can make that switch.

I think it makes sense for us to go with the early time if possible given the ages of the people in our group.

Oh, good morning!!

Yes, if you book thru a TA only your TA can call DCL and make changes to your reservation. It should be noted on your confirmation received from your TA if you have main or 2nd dining. Your TA should have told DCL which seating you wanted when they made the reservation if both were still available.

Forgot to ask everyone: do we want to close this thread and start using the new thread right away?!?

I don't think we told her which seating time we wanted (although I wasn't the one who talked to her about the reservation). That being said I don't remember seeing it mentioned on any of the literature we have received from here.

I put most of the blame on myself for this one - we have done 2 other Disney Cruises but the seating time issue didn't click in my head until I saw some people on here mentioned it.

See you on part 6!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter