7/13/13 ~~ Eastern Mediterranean Mouseketeers!

I use the zip ties too. Maybe since our gift is stuff to use during the cruise, I'll add some of them too Haha! I'm not crafty at all so I tried to go practical. Seemed like a good idea until I realized we would probably have to give ours out the first night..eek!

I also heard about the FEs themselves being stolen, as well as the gifts, magnets etc. That's so sad! Especially when people work so hard on them. :( I hope no one has that problem in our group.

DH & DD want to get packed but I keep telling them no. If they get packed the way they want, they won't have anything left to wear for the rest of the week! They are both notorious overpackers. I, on the other hand,am a big procrastinator. It is not unusual for me to still be shoving stuff in the suitcase as the limo is pulling into the driveway for the airport. DS just kind of shows up. It's really amazing we travel so much LOL

I use the zip ties too. Maybe since our gift is stuff to use during the cruise, I'll add some of them too Haha! I'm not crafty at all so I tried to go practical. Seemed like a good idea until I realized we would probably have to give ours out the first night..eek!

I also heard about the FEs themselves being stolen, as well as the gifts, magnets etc. That's so sad! Especially when people work so hard on them. :( I hope no one has that problem in our group.

DH & DD want to get packed but I keep telling them no. If they get packed the way they want, they won't have anything left to wear for the rest of the week! They are both notorious overpackers. I, on the other hand,am a big procrastinator. It is not unusual for me to still be shoving stuff in the suitcase as the limo is pulling into the driveway for the airport. DS just kind of shows up. It's really amazing we travel so much LOL

Let me know if you plan to have zip ties in your FE gift . . . I'm not sure where to get them (no Lowes or Home Depot in Manhattan!) and am leaving Monday night anyway, so little time to look for them.:)

Let me know if you plan to have zip ties in your FE gift . . . I'm not sure where to get them (no Lowes or Home Depot in Manhattan!) and am leaving Monday night anyway, so little time to look for them.:)

Any hardware store should have them. They are sold in a bag full. However on all of the cruises I've been on at least 1 person doing the FE gave them out as part of their gift, so odds are someone will hook you up! I've gotten some great "handy" FE gift items like zip ties, mini duct tape, clothespins for the curtains, band aids, etc- great stuff!

if you have the time, there is a Home Depot in Manhattan. it on 3rd between 58 and 59. if you don't have the time, you can use regular twist ties. They are better than nothing.

ellen

if you have the time, there is a Home Depot in Manhattan. it on 3rd between 58 and 59. if you don't have the time, you can use regular twist ties. They are better than nothing.

ellen

That's amazing - that's only a block from Bloomingdale's and I had no idea it was there (not that I tend to notice hardware stores;)). I'll try to pick some up today . . .

I've been there often enough, I feel like I should know this, but does anyone have any further info RE the spinning bikes in the fitness center? Do they do a group spin class? Can they be used ONLY in a class, or can one use them on their own? I assume they do not have clip-only pedals, since I can't imagine that many people want to haul bike shoes TOO in their luggage? Any info would be appreciated....trying to plan out my triathlon training while on vaca! :)

I am new to this board, just took the 6/15 Med Cruise. Re spinning, we had two classes offered on the cruise, IIRC on the second and third sea days at 4 PM; sign up was supposed to be 24 hours ahead; I should have asked someone about sign ups and how that worked, because by the time I saw lists sitting out on a table in the front of the gym I was only able to sign up for the wait list and never made it into a class. The bikes were all pushed ihto one area and did not have seats until it was time for the class; I don't know if you asked a CM whether you could set one up and use it outside of the class time. Since I didn't get into a class (nearly made it the second time, person ahead of me on the wait list showed up one minute before the class) I don't know about the pedals. You're smart to be thinking ahead about this, hope you have better luck getting into a class than I did!

For buying entrance tickets to the Acropolis during our Athens tour, we were told that kids under the age of 18 would not be charged. The tour guide mentioned that a photocopy of their passports would be fine.

I would think the same would be true for the Leaning Tower...do they have any additional info on their website?

We were on the June 15th cruise. When we purchased tickets, we brought our children to the lower ticket office near the Tourist office and Yes! children were free. We paid 48 euros.

I am new to this board, just took the 6/15 Med Cruise. Re spinning, we had two classes offered on the cruise, IIRC on the second and third sea days at 4 PM; sign up was supposed to be 24 hours ahead; I should have asked someone about sign ups and how that worked, because by the time I saw lists sitting out on a table in the front of the gym I was only able to sign up for the wait list and never made it into a class. The bikes were all pushed ihto one area and did not have seats until it was time for the class; I don't know if you asked a CM whether you could set one up and use it outside of the class time. Since I didn't get into a class (nearly made it the second time, person ahead of me on the wait list showed up one minute before the class) I don't know about the pedals. You're smart to be thinking ahead about this, hope you have better luck getting into a class than I did!

Thanks for the info! I thought perhaps I recalled them being "off limits" except for a class, but never really WANTED to use them before, so didn't pay much attention! I appreciate the heads-up on the sign up for the classes. Did they charge extra for the spin class? (Being Disney, that is probably a silly question, but I had to ask! :rotfl2: )

:) P.

OK, got the zip ties! Amusingly, when I first asked the guy where the zip ties were, he took me to Ziplocks (hmm, no . . .).

I'm working tomorrow to get some last minute things done before being gone for so long, and then two of my daughters and I are catching a nonstop flight tomorrow night out of JFK to Venice. We'll get there Tuesday morning and then the third daughter (the middle one), who is already in Europe, will meet us on Wednesday. Major plan is to see the Biennale (this will be my fourth time in Venice, and third Biennale). On Friday we all four fly from Venice to Barcelona, and Saturday I will see you at the meet!

Safe travels, everyone!pixiedust:

Since there have been some discussions on other boards about the dates changing for formal night etc., I checked with the concierge today and was told:

This would be what we have listed as of now.
Formal Night on night # 5, July 17th at Sea
Pirates Night on night # 10, July 22nd at Sea
Semi Formal Night on night # 11, July 23rd at Malta

Note this is different from what we had been previously told.

Randi

These changes are now posted on page one! :)

Beth

Hey all, just a few days now... Wife and I are leaving on Thursday evening and arriving Friday AM... Think we might just lay low and walk a little bit on Friday, as we are staying 2 nights post-cruise in Barcelona to tour... Getting excited...

One question... How are you all getting from the airport to your hotels? My plan is taxi... Figuring 40 Euro at least (ugh)...

Hey all, just a few days now... Wife and I are leaving on Thursday evening and arriving Friday AM... Think we might just lay low and walk a little bit on Friday, as we are staying 2 nights post-cruise in Barcelona to tour... Getting excited...

One question... How are you all getting from the airport to your hotels? My plan is taxi... Figuring 40 Euro at least (ugh)...

Aerobus. Only 6 euros pp. depends how close the stop is to your hotel though- ours is only 1 block away so it's perfect.

Aerobus. Only 6 euros pp. depends how close the stop is to your hotel though- ours is only 1 block away so it's perfect.

Thanks... I'm actually staying using my HHonors Points at the Hilton Diagonal Mar... Since it's a bit of a ways from the City Centre, I figure a taxi might be fine...

We did a taxi last time, very convenient. Will do so again. It's almost here......:yay::yay::yay::yay:

We've been in London since Friday morning and are heading to Barcelona tomorrow afternoon -- after that it will feel so real that we're almost on the Magic!! Our kids are asking about it nonstop at this point. Can't wait to meet many of you on the ship!

Re: zip ties...strangely, I could only find the velcro ones, so we've got those...not a huge deterrent, but not easy pickings, either. *shrug*

The previous trip report cites tons of adults but few children -- consistent with our 2011 experience, when we had a late May sail date. Wondering how many more kids will be on this sailing since many schools are out (all of the US/Canada, but some European schools are in session through this week or next week). Just idle curiosity...won't really impact our planning much, I suspect ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter