60 Day Challenge to lose 20

Today is day 51 - still 6lb loss. :guilty: I've thrown out the ice cream - no more in the house.

Catching up - Tuesday: 20 min bike ride and 5 min walk
lunch: 3 crackers with veggie dip, 3 crackers with hot mustard and pepper cheese, scoop of ice cream
My exercise minutes for the week: 240 minutes - met goal of 200 minutes :woohoo:

I bought radish sprouts at the Farmer's Market yesterday. They really do taste like radishes. I thought they'd taste 'green' - I didn't expect that. We went to buy a gallon of honey and the honey people are gone - they sell thru another vendor now at the market. The vendor didn't have any gallons. The quart size was almost as much as we paid for a gallon last year. When we got home, I went on to the honey website and the price went up from about $28 per gallon to over $50. The produce place we use sells raw honey so I'll check it out next time.

Yesterday I had a strawberry, tangerine, kale, green lettuce smoothie.
Lunch: salad with green lettuce, parsley, apple, radish sprouts, pepper cheese, sunflower seeds and a honey mustard yogurt dressing, choc ice cream
Dinner: Veggie pasta, scoop of choc peanut butter ice cream
10 min walk

Breakfast today: smoothie with strawberries (what else?) blueberries, avocado slice, green lettuce, radish sprouts and parsley.

I sleep so much better. Not only do I fall asleep more quickly but I sleep deeper. I think the exercise helps with my ability to fall asleep. I used to lay awake for an hour or more - sometimes I'd put on the tv which would help me sleep but I'd never have a deep sleep. Now, I'm falling asleep quicker and I feel much better when I wake up.

Lunch: salad with green lettuce, parsley, apple, radish sprouts, pepper cheese, sunflower seeds and a honey mustard yogurt dressing.

Your salad sounds delicious. :goodvibes I have to remember to pick up some sunflower seeds at the store this weekend - I like having a little crunch in my salad and don't want to waste points on croutons.

- Laura

Laura, sunflower seeds are great - Sometimes, I even substitute them for pine nuts when I make pesto.

Yesterday:
lunch: 4oz smoothie and 3 PF crackers with hot pepper cheese
spearment tea with lemon

dinner and workout: We grabbed an Arby's and had an outdoor sunset picnic. Afterwards we walked for 45 minutes. Since we were at the park, I also used the equipment for arms, core, balance, climbing etc - ended with a jog. 1 arbys' regular sandwich

dessert- made homemade banana, berry, coconut frozen yogurt

I also made a grapefruit, tangerine juice infused with strawberries.
today:
breakfast; 1 smoothie with grapefruit/tangerine juice as base then - cucumber, spicy pepper, stawberries, radish sprouts and parsley; granola with raspberries and honey cinnamon yogurt

I got in 190 exercise minutes this weekend. I was eating great, weighed myself Saturday evening before we went out to eat. I weighed 3/4lb less Saturday night than Sunday morning. Ouch!

Saturday:
b: blueberries and blackberries with granola and yogurt
l: 3 cheese and crackers, 2 cucumber slices, grapefruit, tangerine juice with strawberries
d: I was trying to eat well - ordered the petite salad - it had romaine, veggies, goat cheese in a phyllo pastry on top of the salad, choc mousse, 2 cranberry juices with lots of ice

b: smoothie with banana, strawberry, slice of avocado, yogurt, honey
l: 4 slices of cheese pizza from small pizza, grapefruit, tangerine, strawberry juice
d: 2 slices of cucumber, 3 crackers, choc ice cream :scared1: I know - the weight came off just the few days I did not eat ice cream - even having homemade frozen yogurt. I've gotten in some choc chips to eat with fruit/nuts for dessert.

Stats for the week:
lost 1.5 lb this week for a total of 7.5 lbs:woohoo:
Finally! Got to put that first!
exercise: 235 minutes

Monday: strawberry, blueberry, cucumber, parsley smoothie
l: 4 PF crackers with hot pepper cheese, homemade strawberry lemonade
d: spinach pasta, 12 choc chips

from yesterday:
b: avocado, grapefruit, strawberry, blackberry, parsley smoothie
l: sandwich on ww bread with - thin sliced apples, green leaf lettuce, hot pepper cheese, parsley, sprouts, roasted pumpkin seeds with a curried yogurt spread, homemade strawberry lemonade, 12 choc chips
d: 1/2 cup of raspberries, 3 PF crackers with spicy mustard and cheese, strawberry lemonade, homemade blackberry frozen yogurt

Today is day 58 in my 60 day challenge. On the down side, I have not lost 20lbs. On the positive side, I have lost 7.5lbs, increased my exercise minutes to over 200 minutes per week and am sleeping much better. It used to take me forever to fall asleep and when I fell asleep I did not sleep soundly - I'd wake up if dh woke up - now I'm sleeping thru the night - dh said I was laughing in my sleep - wish I could remember that dream!

wanted to get out a quick post before we go out to dinner -

Thursday I did a 40 minute workout with weights, bike and cardio - that night went for a 15 minute walk.

Friday I used my citrus juicer for two different juices:
orange/tangerine and
grapefruit, tangerine, infused strawberry

I love my grapefruit juice. It not only lowers cholesterol but helps in weight loss. In addition, because of the high salicylic acid its supposed to breakdown inorganic calcium which is a precursor to arthritis. Up until 5 years ago, I would not touch the stuff. I couldn't stand the taste. Because dh loved it, I started drinking it once in awhile. Now, I love it, too - never thought I'd drink it.

last night dinner was a fruit plate with mixed berries, banana, coconut and honey and one baked potato with sour cream and butter, lemon ginger tea

today:
b: fruit bowl topped with granola and yogurt
l: avocado slice, 2 slices of zucchini, 2PF cheese crackers with asiago and 2 crackers with hot pepper cheese, java chip ice cream -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter