5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by moocow35
Cat 7 staterooms are showing the exact same as of today from the time I booked. I'm not sure if Dreams got me in at the bottom price though?

Is anyone reading the posts about how horrible Costa Maya is?

Robin

Thats good news, maybe Ill be able to rebook aboard for better savings next month!
Andy, maybe you can come up with a cool graphic for our cruise, like you did for our halloween cruise last year ?

I am thinking about transferring, but not for sure. With our schedule, it is hard to talk with other travel agents. Just have a few minutes now. Hopefully I can get a bit better rate.
Talk to ya'll later
Patty

Dana is real easy to work with. Our friends that cruised with us in 2001 are calling her tomorrow to get a price for this cruise.

My rate was $3959 through Costco for 2 adults and a 15 yo in Cat 6. We will check when we are on board in Dec. to see if rebooking would save us any. Still hoping we can go! Sounds like there are a number of 15/16 year olds going on this cruise so far.

I read some good reviews of Costa Maya, will have to go look for the bad ones. It's probably a case of some people liking non-touristy, not as developed ports, and others not.

Just got off the phone with Dana @micdan. She got me a lower price and I moved up to the category 7 that I wanted. YEA Dana!!! She was nearly 500 less than DCL for the category 7. It was a little over 3500 for 2 adults and a 5yo in it.

Isn't Dana Great!! My parents just booked also through her. We changed our room to a cat 8. We figured we could use the extra $$ for an extended stay in Florida after the cruise. ::yes::

I told you all Dana was tops! I am so glad that so many on this thread have been able to save $$$ by giving here a call. I feel badly for DU, because I am always recommending her in posts, but I want all my fellow DISers to get the lowest price also! ladypoo, I am glad she was able to save you $$ as well!

I called Dana today and she was able to cut $301 off our DCL price of $3895 taking it down to $3594 for cat. 10 (SPH #5020) for 2 adults and 2 16 YO. Thanks so much for posting the information about her website. I had mentioned the DIS boards when I e-mailed her. When I talked to her she said that so many DIS members were going on this cruise that we should start a thread. I told her we were already way ahead of her!! Thanks again!

Originally posted by dznyacct
I called Dana today and she was able to cut $301 off our DCL price of $3895 taking it down to $3594 for cat. 10 (SPH #5020) for 2 adults and 2 16 YO. Thanks so much for posting the information about her website. I had mentioned the DIS boards when I e-mailed her. When I talked to her she said that so many DIS members were going on this cruise that we should start a thread. I told her we were already way ahead of her!! Thanks again!

Oh I am sooo happy! Hey, money is money right? That is $301 that you could spend at other places on the ship! Think of it as a stateroom credit! LOL

Amanda ~ How great that two "money savers" will be next door to each other!! My DH Brian still thinks that we're just "thinking" about the cruise. I always do all the vacation planning and he has no clue how fast I had to act to get a SPH room. That's OK, he'll thank me as soon as we pull up and see that beautiful ship (always brings a tear to his eye). He's always very ho-hum about Disney vacations, but once we're there he's just like a kid again. On our cruise in July he spent an hour talking to the DVC guy telling him how much he loved it. He wanted me to do an add-on before we left the ship! We do OK with the points we have, so I didn't buy any more.

Can I ask what the ages are of the children that you're travelling with? We've got my son Jake's friend (Matt) on our reservation, but I won't know for quite a while if he'll be able to come. We paid for his cruise/WDW vacation in July (~$2000 just for his expenses) and decided that he (his parents) would have to help out quite a bit on this trip if he wanted to come. Money's tight for them so I'll just have to see what happens. Matt is a really great kid and I would love to pay for him again, but I can't do it all.

We spent quite a bit of $$ on excursions in July (all three boys just HAD to parasail at CC and Brian wanted to do the fishing trip at CC ~ all this while I was happy as a clam on my $6 float with a tropical drink in my hand!) and I'm hoping to really cut back this time. We LOVED the little beach time we had at Grand Cayman (although swimming with the stingrays was the COOLEST thing I have ever done) and Cozumel and are hoping to just chill out at the ports. Some of the Costa Maya reviews aren't sounding too good. Hopefully things will improve by 5/06!

I am so honored that Andy is on our sailing. I feel like I already know him after reading so much about him, especially his involvement with Nathan Paige. I think Andy is an angel living on earth, doing the good that he does.

On our 7/17/04 sailing we had a DIS meet in the DCL terminal before we boarded. I hope as the time of our sailing draws near we can plan something like that.

Everyone have a good night! We have a frost warning here tonight. It's supposed to get down to 29º here tonight!! I am NOT ready for winter!!

dznyacct, my DH thinks we are also "thinking" about the cruise. I used the ole, " Awe comeon honey, we can always cancel, but I can not make the rates go back down" line. He said Ok dear, whatever you want! LOL YOur DH sounds a lot like mine. He thinks I am a big kids because I love Disney so much, but once we get to WDW or on the Magic he is like a kid.

At the time we travel ( and we will beon this ship:teeth: ) my kids will be 10,9,6 and 3. The 3 older ones will be a few months shy of the next age up. Mine do not know about this cruise, I probably wont tell them until May of 06! LOL We are cruising in November of this year, on the Magic and I just told them about it on Saturday! I was able to keep it a secret for a whole year! Yay me! Wow that was very generous of you to pay for your son's friend's expenses. If you feel the need to do so for one of mine, I just want to let you know that I would not be offended in the least :-):sunny:
I hear you on the excursions. We soent ALOT last year, We did the Sting Ray swim in Grand Cayemn ( awesome) and the Royal Dolphin Swim in Coz ( even better!) than parasailing in CC (because Andy said it wasnt so bad, I am scared of heights) and banana boat ride ( again because Andy lost his glasses and I felt the need to help a fellow DISerprincess: ) but I do not feel like we got to relax..........so this year we are not planning ANYTHING............and see how that goes....we might just like it! My DH and I were on the 09-19 Wonder, and this is how we played it...........it was so relaxing.............

I feel the same about Andy, I am so glad to finally be able to meet him in person.
I cant believe you have a frost warning! We are still wearing shorts! Of course I am in Columbus Ga !@ :wave2:

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :hyper: :wave2: :jumping1: :jumping2: :jumping3: :jumping4: :cool1: :cheer2: :rockband: :thewave:

Doing the under 600 day dance, per Amanda!!!

Stop sending that cold air our way dznyacct, we will be under a frost warning for Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. I'm not ready for this COLD air!!! LOL!!!

Atta boy Andy! Thats giving it the ole college try;) Anyone else care to join in? We have to do a dance for every 100 that we pass:smooth:

Originally posted by moocow35
Andy, now that is an impressive 600 day dance! It is getting cold here also, they are predicting frost. My DD down in Florida is rubbing it in big time! I fly down there for a visit on Thursday, can't wait to warm up! Wish me luck, I may put a deposit down on a new house also!

Robin

Hi Robin,

I know what you mean, my mom moved to Florida in July, except for being evacuated three times for hurricanes, she loves it in Florida. We will be going down for a visit during Jersey Week while DD is out of school for the NJ Teacher's Convention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter