5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ang, does she like the pre-school? Sounds like what my DD was doing in 1st grade, when she had a really mean teacher.

CajunGirl2 said:
So who do you get to watch the kids? I'm jealous!!!

Can I be nosey & ask how much it costs for a couple? Is it a 3 day or 4 day?

Ang
Hey Angie!
We have an awesome babysitter, that watched them for us last year, and at that time I asked her if she would be willing to do it again this year.She said yes. SO when we went last year werebooked on board, at that time it was $846 for a 4 day Wonder cruise (cat 12 GTY). I dont care about stateroom, I just want to be on the ship. Then, when I got home, I transferred that ressie to Dana, who save me another $50....and for rebooking on board I wll have a $100 stateroom credit....making it about $700 for 4 glorious blissfaul days away from the kids, and for Steve and I to reconnect.:cloud9: :love: :cloud9: :love: Worth every single penny if you ask me, and not a bad deal to boot. I saw someone's tag the other day and I really liked it, it said If you never plan, you'll never go. So even though I did not know if we had someone to keep the kids for us, I went ahead and booked this last year in hopes. I figured I would have until the 60 day mark to cancel if need be :sunny:

Dancind said:
Ang, does she like the pre-school? Sounds like what my DD was doing in 1st grade, when she had a really mean teacher.
eeks! you mean there was a teacher who was mean to Alicia??!!?:confused3 Say it aint so.....

Ok, took a current picture of my favorite hobby. :)

yard.jpg

Pardon the sad grass, it looks better than most of my neighbors. Been far too dry this year.

Inset top left is a Gerbara Canadian Daisy, one of my recent additions and favorites. Inset top middle is what's around all the stepping stones, mossrose. The border is Canna and in the planters on the deck are Datura(Angel's Trumpet), more French Marigold(also in the ring around the birdfeeder) and some Black-eyed Susans that seeded themselves. And if you really want to be bored you could ask about the 10 years it took to get to this. :)

CajunGirl2 said:
Today was the 3rd day in a week's time that I had to pick Ashley up from day care early. She keep throwing up (back to the puking that OH mentioned this morning). There's no rhyme or reason to it so we know it's not a stomach bug. When I brought her to the ped. on Fri. she had a slight ear infection so they put her on amoxil - which she HATES!!! Boy is it fun trying to get an almost 3 year old swallow medicine that she detests! We're trying every trick in the book to get her to take it. On Fri. they also tested for strep but it was negative. She threw up again today - twice actually. Took her back to the dr. This time they said allergies & to put her on Claritin. When does it ever end?????

Ang

Sounds like what STILL happens with Jordan. Nah, I think 3 yr olds are too young to be nervous. (Any 10 nighters remember trying to keep Jordan at school the beginning of last year? She puked every day)
I'm thinking maybe just because she hates the Amoxicillan. Or...once when Jordan was really little, she had a bug...like a tapeworm-type of bug. Her only symptom then was that she threw up. One round of a little pill and it was all gone!

Sorry to the people that just had their appetites ruined!

MarkRG said:
Ok, took a current picture of my favorite hobby. :)

yard.jpg

Pardon the sad grass, it looks better than most of my neighbors. Been far too dry this year.

Inset top left is a Gerbara Canadian Daisy, one of my recent additions and favorites. Inset top middle is what's around all the stepping stones, mossrose. The border is Canna and in the planters on the deck are Datura(Angel's Trumpet), more French Marigold(also in the ring around the birdfeeder) and some Black-eyed Susans that seeded themselves. And if you really want to be bored you could ask about the 10 years it took to get to this. :)

What a gorgeous back yard. That looks like a haven!
I love moss rose. It makes a great ground cover, and it's another one where there's lots of color, and a surprise or two.
But....where's the Hidden Mickey???

chip&dale&fun said:
HELP - PLANS FOR LUNCH ON SUNDAY - HELP

PLEASE POST OR PM ME WITH SUGGESTIONS. THIS IS FOR THE LUNCH ON SUNDAY - SEPTEMBER 4 AT ROSE AND CROWN. WE HAVE (SOME TENTATIVE) 14 - when I called to add Tchrmom - I had to go for 12:50 BUT WE HAVE 2 TABLES OF 4 AND ONE TABLE OF 6 - THEY CANNOT GET US EVEN AT 2 TABLES....AND WE DON'T WANT TO DIVIDE IN FAMILY GROUPS, 'CAUSE THAT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE.....SO WHAT IS YOUR PLEASURE???

I DID TAKE THE 12:50 WITH THE 3 TABLES SO WE HAVE SOMETHING!!!!!!

- #1 - Leave it alone and we will mix and match.
- #2 - Switch to a buffet place? - SUGGESTIONS? Most Epcot places have limited seating the WDWDINE lady said....Go for a buffet place where we can join our tables together - such as at Animal Kingdom
#3 - Switch to a Hotel where they are used to crowds, Wilderness Lodge does a fun lunch - other suggestions????

Thanks.......This is the list I have thus far.....
Scubas - 2 adults, 2 kids
KikiKaren - 2 adults 2 kids dd11 ds 8
Irene and Sam - 2 adults
Tchrmom - 2 adults - 2 kids.

THANK YOU * THANK YOU * THANK YOU * THANK YOU MUCH.

I will check back tonight or tomorrow. Whew - this is hard work....

Amanda- are you not joining us on Sunday... hmm... now what's my excuse- I was going to use the "Elizabeth needs to meet her penpal" excuse... think, think, think. Actually, my chances of being there have gotten a little slimmer due to the house situation... so ignore my input, and if we can make it, it will just be a bonus. (For us... not necessarily for the rest of you...:rotfl: )

kikipug said:
Amanda- are you not joining us on Sunday... hmm... now what's my excuse- I was going to use the "Elizabeth needs to meet her penpal" excuse... think, think, think. Actually, my chances of being there have gotten a little slimmer due to the house situation... so ignore my input, and if we can make it, it will just be a bonus. (For us... not necessarily for the rest of you...:rotfl: )

I thought your excuse was the moving van showed up a day early....seriously we would love to have you but if not, we will miss you.....Amanda is joining us on Saturday for the Scoopie hand-off with Mark/Mary/Patty - before the DVC party....

Karen, I do so want the girls to meet in person as well.....is there any chance you can sneak away on Sat or Sun? Whatever is good for you, I will do

Hi Everyone,

We're baaacckkk!!! Back from Niagara Falls, Yankee game at the Skydome and visiting family in Syracuse(Go 'Cuse). We put on 1,054 miles on my car in five days. I know that's probably not a lot compared to what Stacey did, but it's a lot for us. I don't drive too far usually. Anyway, we had a great time. :banana: The falls, unbelievable is all I can say. The last time I was there, I was in high school(many moons ago) so it was really cool to go back with MY kids. They really enjoyed it. We went on Maid of the Mist, that's a boat ride that takes you right to the bottom of the Canadian side of the falls and Scoopie came with us. No, I don't have any pictures on the boat, you have to wear a raincoat and I didn't want to get him soaked. The amount of water that hits you is amazing. I do have a picture of the boys with Scoopie at the falls and at the Yankee game. I will forward them soon. I can't believe it's here and gone already. At least I have the cruise to look forward to anyway.

Can someone put up a synopsis of what happened in the last couple of days. I left off at page 852 and it will take me forever to read up. A little help here, please.

OK, gotta go now. I'm exhausted and I seriously am looking forward to sleeping in my OWN bed tonight. Ya know what they say, It's nice to go away, but even nicer to come home.

TTFN,
Maria

Sounds like it's going to be a fun meet. Wish we lived closer!

Mark, nice garden. Looks like an oasis. We have a story for you guys, we rode in the front of Monorail Green, and got a nice, talkative monorail driver. He told us that Monorails green, red, and purple were the "problem monorails", with red being the worst. So when you get stuck on the monorail, it's probably Red's fault! He also said that some of the younger drivers are concentrating SO hard to hit their marks, that they won't talk to people. And some of the older drivers are just grumpy and should be doing something else. It was interesting!

Long story about the 1st grade teacher. Here's the short version, she went off on Alicia on PICTURE DAY, about the sixth week of school. Alicia cried for two hours. Two parents that were there helping out went immediately to the Principal's office and got their kids moved out of the class! I didn't find out about all this (the kids won't tell you) until I called one of the Moms to ask "how did you get your daughter moved"? Kevin got in on that one, and we got her moved too. The teacher was there another three years before they got rid of her. They actually gave her first graders because they thought the six year olds would challenge her less than the 3rd graders she started with. And I do know that she was an anomaly. No idea why she chose to teach, never spoke to her again.

When my brother first started teaching, there was another male teacher who used to be a long-haul truck driver. He told my brother that he became a teacher so he could have summers off! :confused3 Glad he wasn't teaching MY kids. Too sad.

Okay, Mark...I give up...where's the Hidden Mickey?? ;)

Maria, that sounds like a beautiful trip! I've never seen the falls, I bet it's awesome. I need to take my kids to see the Grand Canyon. We'd like to take the train to do that someday.

Still no sign of the little girl washed away in the creek this afternoon. The creek runs all the way to Phoenix, so it may be a while. I am more than irritated that Jared was down at our crossing (more than I was earlier this evening)....it could have been him. The creek was running, and as the girl's family tried to get to higher ground, a six foot wall of water crashed down on her. It can happen in an instant. And I had just been having a discussion with Jared about how that can happen. He was down there marking the rise of the water with rocks. I know he thought he was doing his dad a favor.....but I don't think until tonight he realized how fast that wall can come downstream.
Jay got home, but we may or may not get out in the morning....the run off from the hills has come down, so the water rose again. Fires, floods......not even going there!!

'Night, everyone! Have a great morning!!!

Stacey - sorry to hear about all the problems with the flooding. Yikes!

BTW there is a Minnie and Mickey in the garden (we have a small birdbath with them at the base) but no hidden Mickey's. Why did you think there was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter