5/11 Western part 3

DARWIN91

Mouseketeer
Monday - Day at Sea - This morning we had our character breakfast at Parrot Cay (8 am). Spent most of the day by the pool (except for Bingo). I have to say we did not have a problem getting chairs at the pool. I thought we would since we were a full ship. Luckily it worked out for us. Monday was also the Formal night. It was also the reception for Castaway cay Members from 4 - 4:45 pm in the Beat Street area. Met the captain, had some cocktails and appetizers (complimentary). FYI - they only walk around with the tropical drinks. Don't be afraid to ask for what you drink. I asked for a glass of wine and they got that for me. The band also played at this gathering. It worked out well because it forced me to get ready early and when this was over we went right to Atrium and had all our formals done, not one line.

Tuesday - Grand Cayman - This morning we got off the ship right after breakfast. You have to be tendered here which is no big deal. My DH opted for a DCL excursion for himself. My DD is only 4 so she was under age for Stingray tour. He took the Stingray city and Discover Cayman tour. It took him to Stingray City to swim, turtle farm, Hell and 7 mile beach.

I on the other hand, did my own excursion with my DD 4, friend and her DD 9. We got a taxi right at the pier and went to 7 mile beach. Cab ride was $3.00 per person to 7 mile beach. I requested we get dropped off at the Holiday Inn at 7 mile beach so that was $4.00 per person. The reason for the Holiday Inn was that they said we could use their facilities for $5.00 per person. When we got there the guy at the towel desk said he did not know of that but the chairs on the beach were for anyone on one side . There were plenty for everyone. Just could not get towels (take them off the ship). The Holiday Inn is actually on the other side of the road from the beach so I did not go over and use the pool. There was a restaurant, bathrooms and waitstaff at the beach. This worked out well. ONE TIP: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SMALL CHANGE WITH YOU. WHEN YOU ORDER A DRINK ON THE BEACH SHE TOLD ME SHE COULD NOT GIVE ME CHANGE IN US DOLLARS. IT ALSO SAYS THAT AT THE CAFE ON THE BEACH IF YOU ORDER FOOD. THE STORES IN TOWN BY THE PIER ARE OKAY THOUGH, THEY COULD GIVE YOU CHANGE IN US DOLLARS.
THERE ARE ALSO PLENTY OF TAXI'S TO TAKE YOU BACK SO DON;T WORRY ABOUT THAT.

Dinner tonight was at PALO's 8:30 pm. We decided to feed the kids at Topsiders at 7 and then put them in the club. Topsiders for dinner actually is sit down service. The appetizers and salads were on the buffet line already on dishes to take but the main course is ordered off a menu. PALO's was awesome as usual. Our server Zita from Hungary was great. I had the tiramasu this time instead of the chocolate souffle. It was delicious. Went to the 80's party at Rockin Bar D afterward. That was fun, very crowded. I didn't realize how many people can make it past eleven. Maybe they didn't eat and drink as much as me (lol).

I'm really enjoying your reports! Thanks for taking the time to put them together. I am looking forward to reading more. :)

I was surprised that you said the Holiday Inn was across the street from the beach. When DH and I stayed there in '96 it was right on the beach, which is why we chose it.
Are you maybe thinking about the Hyatt? I know it was across the street from the beach?

Love your trip report!

No it was the Holiday Inn! We had the Taxi drop us off there. It is across the street from the beach but on the beachside is a cafe for food and cocktails and they do have waiter service on the beach. There is also watersport rental right there. And we did not get charged $5.00 per person.

It's amazing how you have to pace yourself on the ship. If you try to do everything all at once, you burn out. Late nights with early mornings a few days in a row without afternoon naps are definitely energy zappers.

Love your reports.
Tina
Magic Western 1/18/03:bounce:

I'm enjoying your comments....I also thought that the Holiday Inn was on the beach and the Hyatt (which I stayed at for my Honeymoon was across the street)...Maybe they have built a new one???

No, Holiday Inn is across the street from the beach. They have a cafe and bar service on the beach side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter