5/11 Western Part 2

DARWIN91

Mouseketeer
Sunday - Key West -

Let me start by saying every morning we had breakfast at Topsiders. We liked eating outside by the pool and the kids wanted to go swimming so this worked out well each morning.

DH and I played Bingo (every day) in the morning today. Bingo is really fun and we won some $$ so that makes it better. The games last an hour so that works out well. My only complaint is that I could never do the Art of Entertaining because it was always at the same time as Bingo and once you win "well you know how that is - you go back for more". DH did one of the Arts of Entertaining - he said it was good - only lasted about 1/2 hour(a dessert one).

We did not buy an excursion from DCL, actually we did all the excursions on our own on this trip. On our Eastern, we did DCL excursions.

Key West - the ship docks right in Mallory Square. We walked and did some shopping and then took a Trolley Tour. The Trolley tour is really great because it takes you all over Key West and stops at 9 different stops. You are allowed to get off at any of these stops and then hop on another Trolley. Your pass is good for the whole day. It was pretty inexpensive. My brain is not back to capacity so I can't remember the exact cost but I think for 2 adults and 1 child it was around $25-30 for the tour.

When we got back to the ship it was time to get ready for dinner since we had the 6 pm seating. 6 pm is tough to be ready for but if you have small children 8:30 is too late if they don't nap. This way when we were done with dinner we were able to put them in the club for some "adult" time. If we had to put them in the club at 10 pm we weould be getting beeped in 10 minutes.

Had dinner at Animator's Palate tonight ( I have to say we were 7 adults and 6 kids travelling and we were all very satisfied with the food). MY DH and I were the only ones who had gone on the Magic before and my husband was not impressed last time. After dinner there was a Sunset in Key West party at the Goofy pool at 7:45 am. It was great. Any one worried about missing the sunset should not. It was after the one seating and before the other. The band played and we all got to see the Sunset on Deck 10. AWESOME! After the sunset party, we went to see the "Who wants to be a Mouseketeer" show. That was fun. Jim the cruise director is the one who does the Questions. He is a great guy. It turned out someone from the area where we live one the 7 night cruise. After the show we dropped the kids off and went to Sessions the piano lounge. Nice relaxing atmosphere then off to bed. We had a category 9 on deck 2 outside cabin Room 2088. Plenty of room and I slept so good every night.

We are leaving Friday for next Saturday's western cruise. Have sailed twice before so familiar with boat. Want to know if there were any security hassles and about the ports - what to do and what to avoid. Was the water temperature comfortable in Cozumel and Grand Cayman?

We had great weather the whole week. The water temperatures were comfortable at all the beaches. As far as security, you could not get into the terminal without your photo ID. They stop your car and you have to show it. You actually have to show this several times before boarding for the first time. They had bomb sniffing dogs there as well. You had to show your photo ID and KTTW card at all Ports to get back on the ship. Disembarkation went really fast, no problems there.

They say that the sunsets from Mallory Square are spectacular! I wonder why they are so beautiful in Key West.

Thanks for the first reports.
Tina
Magic Western 1/18/03:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter