5/11 Western Part 1

DARWIN91

Mouseketeer
5/10 - Day 1 - Flew into MCO and picked up a van from AVIS. Drove to Radisson at the Port and stayed there for the one night. Rooms were nice, pools were great but I thought the restaurant service was a "bit " slow. However, I would use them again and just eat elsewhere. They are right on a main highway there a plenty of restaurants to choose from.

5/11- Day 2 - Hung out poolside for the morning, then around 11:00 am my DH dropped me, DD and our friend and her DD at the terminal. He then drove back to AVIS and dropped off rental and hopped on the shuttle back. (FYI - We were travelling with 2 other families as well and they took the AVIS SHUTTLE as a family and had no problem). We were not sure what to expect with the shuttles so we felt it would be easier for him to get on w/o any luggage. I did all the check in stuff, however, I could not get his KTTW card until he arrived and showed his photo ID. He was able to go right up and get it and not wait in another line. The lines to check in went extremely fast in the terminal. The line to board the ship was huge but moved well. They had a Mariachi band playing in the terminal. The characters were dressed in Mexican attire. We boarded the ship before 12:30 pm. Rooms not ready till 1:30 pm. Went to Topsiders Buffet for lunch (have to say I enjoyed the food better this time then when I went in Sept 2001/Eastern). DH's took kids to Mickey Pool (empty at this time)and us gals went to book PALO's. We got there a little before the Navigator had said they opened and they already had days that were fully booked. It was a little harder for us because we were trying to book a ressie for 7 adults. Finally, agreed on Tuesday 8:30 which is the Day at Grand Cayman.

I love when you first board and the pools aren't crowded. We took our neighbor kid with us on a 3-day cruise and the only time we spent in the pools was the first day between 12:30PM and 3PM. The whirlpools were free of guest, too. The pools are small, but when it's just the two of you, they aren't bad. LOL.

Thanks for the trip report.
Tina
Magic Western 1/18/03:bounce:

I think I'll try to remember the pool note...with 4 kids that love water it will be nice to have a less crowded pool...

The pool is less crowded too on days in Port so if your excursion gets you back early, we used to let the kids go swimming in the afternoon before dinner.

Just another perspective on crowded pools: My DD7, an only child, LOVES crowded pools (at the resorts, at least...we have yet to cruise). She views this as her opportunity to find pool playmates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter