4 day Poly, 3 day Wonder 4/21-28

mousemanjoe

Earning My Ears
On our trip we had 7 people ranging from 63 to 8 and we all had an awesome time. I will separate our vacation into topic headings to make sure this is somewhat organized.

Weather - all days sunny and in the upper 80's, very nice

The Poly - We stayed in the Nieu (sp?) House first floor. Very nice, close to everything. The rooms were very quiet and did have a scent to them, not a bad smell, but a tropical scent. We all liked it or did not notice it. The volcano slide was great and my boys (8 and 11) got in over 50 rides in their one evening there.

We did the Ohana character breakfast which was expensive for the four of us ($60) but we did meet Mickey and Goofey and Chip (or was it Dale?). Kids loved it. We had Ohana for one evening and we had a mixed reaction to it. The kids didn't care for it too much but our older members of the group loved it.

The Parks-
Epcot (Sunday aft-evening)- Wonderful. Kids got the Passports and enjoyed chasing down stamps and signatures in each country (had time for about 6 countries). The parade was awesome. As suggested, we sat by Germany to see the beginning of the one parade and the end of the one that starts elsewhere. Dinner in Canada (Le Cellier) was great and the fireworks were the best I have seen in years. Just great. Did not have much time for many of the rides.

Magic Kingdom (Mon)- Fastpass to the rescue. Without this item we would have had a totally different experience. Fastpass Splash Mountain, go to Tom Sawyer for an hour, and then back to the Fastpass line for a 5 minute wait. Just great! Did this for Haunted mansion (lunch while we waited) Buzz, Space Mnt etc. Saw the Electric Parade (fun) and fireworks. Stayed around about 45 minutes after closing time to see the "Goodnight Kiss". Very magical.

AK(Tues)-
Disappointing. Felt very crowded and hot and tense. I do not know if it is the jungle music being played or the humidity form all the plants, but we all could not wait to get out of there. The paths seem more crowded and laid out like, well, like paths. Did the safari, the water ride, Bugs life, train. I left early with the boys to go to Disney Quest. Would not go back to this park.

DisneyQuest (Tues aft)-
Great if you like video games. The boys and I could of spent all day there instead of the few ours. Created our own virtual roller-coaster...lots of fun

MGM (Wed)-
The big surprise park. No one had been there before and since its size was close to AK, I was worried. MGM was fantastic. Saw Indy Jones, Muppets, Hunchback - All great for all of us. Rode Rock-n-Roll Coaster 2 x, and Tower once. Parade was fun and street fronts were just great. Saw lots of characters (kids got lots of autographs). Ate at Brown Derby (Wonderful) and then to the Fantasmic show. The show was like everything else, just a joy for all of us. We all left praising MGM and really wished had another day to spend there!

MK(thurs am)-
What the hell,we had 3 hours before the Cruise bus came so why not squeeze in some rides. Entered at 9 and got two rides on Buss and Space mountain (our favorite), and even mad one ride on It's a Small World.

The WONDER ( thursday)
Effortlessly made it onto the ship to our room (cat 6). Bags arrived by 2:30, and we swam a bit. Saw Hercules Thursday night - just great- so many talented Disney people. Lateseating at Parrot's Cay. Parrots Cay was the least favorite of everyone. Seemed too noisey and the drinks were sooooo slow. I complained just a bit at this service and it greatly improved the next two nights.

Wonder (Fri)-
Made our own reservations to Swim with the Dolphins since the Disney excursion only allowed the Encounter. Dolphin swim was great! Touched the animals, etc. Did feel a bit sorry for the animals. Nassua itself is a dirty town. Hard to believe cruise ships dock there. We went into town for a few blocks and were repeatedly hassled for rides, hair braideding, t-shirts (does this approach actual work?) If not for the Swim, would of returned to th Wonder. We went to Paradise Island by taxi to a public beach only to be hassled again for drinks, banana boat rides, jet ski rides. People are not rude at all just the repeated requests wears on you. Visited Atlantis on our own.

Who Wants to be a Mousecateer (sp?) was a nice change. Fun, light entertainment. Dinner at Tritons was uch better than the Parrot. Good food, better drink service. very nice

Wonder (sat)-
For the second morning I woke at 5 am to see the sunrise at 6:30. The sunrises are better than the sunsets in my book. then we approached Castaway Cay around 7 am. Great island! We did a parasail (my 8 DS and I) and banana boat ride. Both were just great. BBQ on island was a welcomed change and well done.

Wife and I had a Surial Bath at 5, while everyone else saw Monsters, Inc. All enjoyed their repective performances.

Dinner at Illuminations was the best. Casual with a very relaxed atmosphere to it and great food. No time for Palo's on this trip

Kids signed into the Oceaneer's Lab on Thursday evening but only went that evening and did not want ot return again. They were bored and spent the remaining evenings in the arcade or looking for the Hidden Mickey's

Wonder (sun)-
So sad. Looking for a place to stow-away so we didn't have to leave. Got off ship around 8:30 and to the airport by 10. We had our USAIR boarding passes from the port already so we waited a few hours for our return to Pittsburgh only to be sent to Columbus because fo bad storms. Got back to a windy and rainy and 40 degree Pittsburgh.

Now looking at a 7 day Eastern for the fall of 2003!!

We all rank this as the best vacation we have ever taken!

Go Disney!

Joe

Joe! How weird is this. I'm just doing up my report.. but we did the same trip as you!!! We stayed at WL not Poly.. but the same days on the ship.. cat 7... same late dining rotation too. Go figure eh! We also found Nassau to be dirty, and annoying. The people were friendly.. but constantly at you.

Sandie

Sandie,

I do not think we could of asked for more perfect weather and a full moon to boot. Only thing missing was a Space Shuttle launch, oh well.

mousemanjoe... we certainly couldnt have asked for better weather. Wow. It was incredible. We loved our room. Our servers were great. We kind of made fun of our head server (but not so that he could hear). I know.. not very nice. But he really did look and act like a smarmy lounge singer. :D

Sandie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter