4/20 Magic Cruise for 2, Part 7: Our final sea day

Dodie

<font color=green>Survived the big crash<br><font
Recap:
DH and I are 40-years-old with no children. We have been to WDW multiple times in the past 9 years and were ready for “something different.” We decided on the 7-night Disney cruise and were not disappointed. However, I will try to be honest in my report – sharing the good and the bad.

Again-- Hope no one's bored! I'm almost through rambling, LOL!

4/20 Magic Cruise for 2, Part 7: Our final sea day

We slept in until about 9:30 this morning, and it felt good. We awoke to partly cloudy skies, but some sun. This was the morning of our Palo brunch, so we had just ordered some coffee and toast to hold us over until that. We had been warned by our tablemates (who had already done their Palo brunch) to not eat ANYTHING before going! We took our time getting moving this morning and then headed upstairs to Palo for brunch.

Again – whatever you’ve heard – magnify that many times. The brunch was amazing. There was a table full of cheeses; a table full of meats, including pre-cracked crab legs and claws, shrimp, etc.; a table full of breads; and a table full of desserts. In addition, there were available main entrees and pizzas. A glass of champagne was included – but could become a mimosa if you didn’t want straight champagne. Our server, Jerry from Greece, was again supreme. He even forced dessert on us (tiramisu) when we said we were too full. “It’s light! You’ll like it.” All I can say is…after almost 1 1/2 hours of solid eating, we were STUFFED!

Then, it started. The waves began to change. The movement of the ship began to become more pronounced. It was slight at first, but gradually worsened. It seems that we had been spoiled by our 1 to 4 feet seas. Today they would be 4 to 8 feet with sprinkles and a couple of storms which we skirted along the edge of. The staff said that this was really “nothing” compared to the seas of the past couple of weeks, where the movement was at this amount or more each each day of the trip. I kept a positive attitude and was glad that we were still taking our precautionary Bonine each morning.

DH and I had spa reservations later that day, which allows you to purchase a Rain Forest Room (in the spa) pass for the day for $8. DH wasn’t interested, so he dodged the raindrops to spend time up on deck while I went to the Rain Forest Room. Unfortunately, for me at least, being cooped up in a hot, steamy, sauna like environment with no fresh air did not combine well at all with the increasing rocking of the ship. After about 45 minutes, I determined that I was feeling worse instead of better. My fault. I should have known that this would happen – as I am a little prone to motion sickness. I left and went to the deck 4 lounge chairs for a few minutes of fresh air, and then went down to the cabin, turned the air conditioning down as far as it would go, closed the curtains, and reclined on the bed until I began to feel better.

Our spa appointments were for 4:00 and I was doing better by then. We each did the “Booster,” which was a combination of the 25 minute alpha capsule and a 20 minute treatment in the hydrobath. I really liked the alpha capsule, which enclosed your body and was warmed with massaging vibrations. You wore a mask and listened to relaxing music. It was great. The hydrobath was a glorified hot tub, with targeted jets and a massaging pattern to the water. I think that these both helped with my feelings of seasickness and would highly recommend the combination if you are needing to relax.

DH and I went back to the room and dressed for “Disney Dreams.” This was semi-formal (lobster!) night on the ship. DH wore a suit and tie and I wore a silk pantsuit. (There were people dressed far more formally and people dressed far less formally.) We found a seat for the show and as soon as the theater darkened I could tell that DH was having trouble. You may remember that I mentioned that this deck 4 forward area was where I had noticed movement of the ship earlier in the trip. Although I was doing fine at this point, and was DETERMINED to see the show, DH had to duck out and go down to the stateroom to regain his composure.

The show was, as everyone says, the highlight of the ship’s entertainment. It was very well done and the special effects and musical numbers are really something. Even if you’re not a theater fan, don’t miss this show.

DH was better when the show was over, so I picked him up in the stateroom and we went up to the deck 4 loungers to get fresh air and wait for dinner. Dinner was in Parrot Cay and it was lobster night. Unfortunately, neither of us was very hungry and lobster just wasn’t quite what we wanted, so DH opted for a beef tenderloin and I had a really good pasta dish with scallops. The seas were beginning to calm a little bit, but it still wasn’t as pleasant a meal as others had been. Eddie entertained us with his card tricks and Zaldy was as cheerful as ever. All-in-all, our tablemates and we had a nice time.

It was 70’s night in Rockin’ Bar D! We attended, since we had had such a good time earlier in the week at 50’s and 60’s night. We weren’t disappointed! It was very entertaining and a lot of fun. However, we did learn a lesson about trying to dance on a dance floor that is actually rolling underneath you, LOL!

More to come…
Part 8: Castaway Cay

Were you ROTDLOL?

Sorry really bad joke, bu tI just couldn't resist!

Thanks again for the report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter