"300" insults Iran?

Oh please.

Now, if the greeks had complained that the Spartans have been slandered as the movie dresses them like a bunch of dancers in the NYC Gay Pride Parade--well that I could understand. :rotfl2:

Oh please.

Now, if the greeks had complained that the Spartans have been slandered as the movie dresses them like a bunch of dancers in the NYC Gay Pride Parade--well that I could understand. :rotfl2:

I had to think for a bit about my response to the above message. I have 2

1: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

2: I think the Gay Pride dresses are better. :thumbsup2 :cool1:

The Greeks are the ones who should be offended since I think the entire concept behind this movie trivializes the true heroism shown by the defending 300 in the face of overwhelming odds in an effort to save their culture and country. Thermoplaye is one of the great stories in the history of mankind. It deserves better than a video game-esque farce.

Tehran deserves nothing. Certainly not sympathy. When they stop dancing in the streets calling for the murder of millions of innocent people then we'll talk.

I'm offended that they are sending armed troops into Iraq to kill American soldiers -- when they address that tiny little "insult" I'll be more interested in their thoughts about our cartoons.

I'm offended that they are sending armed troops into Iraq to kill American soldiers -- when they address that tiny little "insult" I'll be more interested in their thoughts about our cartoons.

::yes::

Does anyone remember the Mickey Mouse shirt during the Iran hostage crisis that said "Hey Iran!" with Mickey Mouse flipping the bird? I thought of that when I read that story. Of course now in my Disney wisdom I bet that shirt wasn't licensed!;)
Robin M.

Does anyone remember the Mickey Mouse shirt during the Iran hostage crisis that said "Hey Iran!" with Mickey Mouse flipping the bird? I thought of that when I read that story. Of course now in my Disney wisdom I bet that shirt wasn't licensed!;)
Robin M.

Perhaps not, but if you find one, pick up an XL for me.

If all rhetoric between the US and Iran was at this level of pettiness, I would be encouraged that the world is a safer place. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

The Greeks are the ones who should be offended since I think the entire concept behind this movie trivializes the true heroism shown by the defending 300 in the face of overwhelming odds in an effort to save their culture and country. Thermoplaye is one of the great stories in the history of mankind. It deserves better than a video game-esque farce.

Did you actually see the movie? While not 100% historicly accurate, that movie was ALL about courage in the face of overwhelming odds, honor, love of one's country, culture, family, and the indescribable bond between brothers-in-arms. Yes, it's also a slick looking action packed gore-fest, but there is a real plot and some execellant acting.

And as for Iran? All I have to say is :rolleyes:

I've scheduled Dec. 1, 2042 at 3:06 p.m. for my two seconds to worry about what loopy Iranians think.

No matter how inane something is, someone will take offence to it.

Rich::

....i could have sworn it was based on a novel.....:confused3

A graphic novel (comic book) by Frank Miller. That would be the tie to Sin City that all the trailers focus on.

The people making the movie also basically used the same 90% green screen technology that they used to make Sin City.

A graphic novel (comic book) by Frank Miller. That would be the tie to Sin City that all the trailers focus on.

The people making the movie also basically used the same 90% green screen technology that they used to make Sin City.

so.......since it's compared to Sin City so much......does that mean it'll suck like Sin City did, too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter