"30 Minute Meals" with Racheal Ray stovetop GRILL pan?

princessmomma

DIS Veteran
I have been watching the show 30 minute meals on the Food Network with Racheal Ray and she uses her stovetop grill pan all the time. I guess it is not a "pan" but more of a grill "griddle" that takes up two burners.

I looked at Linens n'Things and Bed, Bath and Beyond and they only had really cheap ones. Any ideas where I can find a really good one?

Taste of Home sells some Rachel Ray products. I'd try checking with a rep in your area. :)

I would like one too but it looks like it would only work on a gas stove, not electric flat-top.

LindsayDunn228 said:
I would like one too but it looks like it would only work on a gas stove, not electric flat-top.

I have a Ceran smooth top. Is that what you mean by a flat-top?

I have an option that I can turn on both burners plus the area between them for a continuous cooking surface.

princessmomma said:

I have an option that I can turn on both burners plus the area between them for a continuous cooking surface.

Smooth top, yes. I don't have the option that you have. But I'm still curious if that griddle would work on one. Would it need more direct heat like a gas stove would give off?

And I love the WS grill pan, but dang it's expensive!

I have a really bad snob problem when it comes to cookware,I have several thousands of dollars worth of kitchen gadgets. Heck I have TWO Kitchen Aid mixers. Le Creuset and All Clad are my fav for pots and pans (who has the All Clad chefs pan,I love this).

Anyway, I just had to say that I bought one of these cast iron griddles for my sister's then boy friend as an xmas gift a few years ago and it was very heavy duty with one side ridged as a grill and one side flat for pancakes and such. It was from Target or Walmart. Your talking untreated cast iron here. As long as it is heavy and thick there is NO differance in quality between one from William Sonoma and one from Target. The one Ray Ray has looks EXACTLY like the one I bought for dsis's ex-bf #47:rolleyes: .

If your going to buy enameled cast iron that is one thing, but this grill pan is just a big slab of cast iron, if you buy name brand your just paying for the name. If that's what your into, more power to you, but I'd rather save the money and buy something that makes a differance in actual performance, not just to have a name brand.

Also FYI. Please don't buy cookwear from Bed Bath and Beyond. The All Clad they sell is very low quality. It is for people who have heard the name but don't know what they are looking at. If your looking for cookwear go to a high end cook's store, talk to the clerk. Let them explain the real deal with the product your looking for (for example copper clad pots are a joke). Than when you know what you really need and what actually WORKS. Go buy it on line cheap( buy an $80.00 knife from the clerk so his time wasn't wasted, some of them work on commision).

ok. mine is ancient, cast aluminum, and i love it, but only with gas stoves, electric stoves dont work as well... i have had a couple of cast iron ones, as long as you season them properly theyare great. look for lodge brand name, they are ussually sold in the camping gear sections of wal mart and target, and are double sided and really nice griddles.

Lodge is the way to go! Luckily now they come pre-seasoned so you don't have to worry about that.

chell said:
Lodge is the way to go! Luckily now they come pre-seasoned so you don't have to worry about that.

as long as you wash and dry and care for them properly.

princessmomma said:

I used to be a Pampered Chef consultant and they carry a double burner griddle. I LOVED it, but was using in on a ceran top stove. A customer asked me about it, and I talked to our tech people and they told me not to use it on the ceran top, I guess the problem is that there is not way for the heat to escape from under than much griddle, and the ceran top can burst.

The good news for me is that we moved, and now I have a gas stove, I use the griddle almost every day to make my kids the best pancakes in the world! ;)

I have a Lodge cast iron stovetop grill - love the stuff. I've had mine for over 3 years now and use it on an electric stove. I bought the grill for my old stove that died 1 month after I bought it and since it wouldn't work with a smooth top, I opted to buy another coil range just so I can use my grill.

I would definitely recommend the Lodge brand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter