• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3 New Rides coming to Universal !!!

JacksBack!!

Mouseketeer
Wow, this new head of Universal guy is really using his power and wants to spend his money. Somthing that Eisner at the disney company has not done since the mid 90's when AK, Test Track, and RnR all opened in a short time. Well this new guy might be the Mark Cuban (Dallas Maverak owner) of theme park managers. According to the Orlando Sentinal this guy wants to open three new attractions at the Universal Resort by 2003. Two will go to the Studios and one for IOA. The Mummy/Scorp coaster may be okayed anyday, and a new JP ride could be anounced too. The article in the paper mentions Backdraft and Waterworld as possibilities, but I dont think that will happen. The Studios already has a back draft type attraction in Twister. Twister and Backdraft are the same things, but one has fire and the other has wind. The Water World show is cool, but I want somthing more original based on a hit movie. Maybe a show themed after the hit Universal Movie Gladiator. I can just see the crowd yelling Maxamus right now. Anyways visit the sentinal site right now to read for your self. And if you need a job they are now hiring. Trust me Universal is an awsome place to work. I have worked at both Universal and Disney, and Universal is the better place to work. Now more than ever since they now pay more than Disney too. Its funny all of the Florida theme parks up their ticket prices at the same time, but when it comes to employee pay, they just dont up the anti. I guess Disney employees are just blinded by Disney Magic.

I can just see the crowd yelling Maxamus right now

Well, if they bring in an attraction with Russell Crowe, I, for one will definitely be yelling "Maximus"!!! :rolleyes: ;) :eek:

Thanks for sharing!

Karen

This is great news. I would be willing to bet only one of these will be a coaster. I'm guessing Apollo 13 at Universal or Scorpion King, but I seem to think Apollo 13 would be a wiser move. Along with a less significant show at the studios. At IOA, I predict the long rumored Jeep Ride. Those are my guesses...

And, just for a little detail on the subject, notice the use of the word "if".

Eisner could learn something here. You improve your business to get more business not cut dowm on guest attractions. I am starting to look at USF in a different light.

US needs something to bring me back .... It had been 2 years since I'd been last and the only thing that made me bother to leave IOA and go to US was MIB. The whole park seems so dated, the rides are based on OOOLLLDDDD movies. As long as a movie has a timeless quailty that is ok but the stuff in US is dated looking. JMHO
:)

If it's a flying coaster, then I hope it goes faster than 55mph. I rode Stealth at PGA and it seemed like it was in slow motion. Air opened at Alton Towers and many reviews said the same thing. Ride was good, but lacked something, speed. After you ride a B&M inverted, you get used to going fast.

A drop coaster like Oblivion would be cool, but it's a one trick pony.

Lately, the GP (general public) has been scared of thrill rides. People see these huge rides and are scared to go on them, yet they're alot of fun. It's the marketing that has made the bad image. Instead of calling them thrill rides, there needs to be a new name, like fun ride. I hope the engineers can look past the bad marketing and go ahead with a huge fun ride.

Originally posted by robvia
If it's a flying coaster, then I hope it goes faster than 55mph. I rode Stealth at PGA and it seemed like it was in slow motion. Air opened at Alton Towers and many reviews said the same thing. Ride was good, but lacked something, speed. After you ride a B&M inverted, you get used to going fast.

A drop coaster like Oblivion would be cool, but it's a one trick pony.

Lately, the GP (general public) has been scared of thrill rides. People see these huge rides and are scared to go on them, yet they're alot of fun. It's the marketing that has made the bad image. Instead of calling them thrill rides, there needs to be a new name, like fun ride. I hope the engineers can look past the bad marketing and go ahead with a huge fun ride.

I do agree, flying coaster lack speed, but still are fun. Vertical drop coaster don't look THAT impressive. Between the two I'd prefer the flying.

I disagree the GP is scared of thrill rides. Isn't the point to make people intimidated by these rides? It builds the thrill. It's the pshycological aspect of the ride. From the Hulk and Kraken feedback, I'd say the public is far from shunning thrill rides.

Bob Gault which by the way is Universal's Pres has done a great deal to help its employees. Universal just gave everyone under 6.60 an hour a raise. He walks trough the parks just as a common man and don't ever call him Mr. Gault. Call him Bob. Bob use to be pres of USJ before he came to Universal Orlando. So, he is a great leader and has grea ideas for these parks.

Its funny all of the Florida theme parks up their ticket prices at the same time, but when it comes to employee pay, they just dont up the anti.

Universal and Sea World did up their prices. So far, WDW has not.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, Sea World still has the highest minimum pay. With this raise, Universal is 2nd, 10 cents ahead of WDW.

That said, overall I think the statement made by Gault is great. If the new rides are approved, I'm sure they will be exciting.

Talk about a good way to silence the hype surrounging Mission Space at Epcot. This is looking to be a great move for Universal, I can't wait for 2003!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter