3/31 Wonder Part 3

SunBunny

Earning My Ears
Being extremely worn out from our first exciting day we all went to bed right after dinner. We set our wake-up call and ordered room service for 8:30 the next morning. We met at 9:45 for our excursion to Blue Lagoon. (This was the only bad thing that happened on our trip.) Due to customs, it took us 2 hours to get off the boat for our excursion. They finally loaded us on a boat. We waited on the boat for an hour (DB and I were fine with this because we were enjoying the sun and our drinks), then they came and told us they had loaded us onto the wrong boat. Sometime around 1 we arrived at Blue Lagoon. I did the Dolphin Encounter (LOVED IT) and mom and DB went to the beach. When I was done we all ate lunch (not as bad as people said) and lazed around until the 4:00 ferry came to take us away. (By the way, Blue Lagoon is now my absolute favorite place on earth.) Mom wanted to go shopping and ended up on a different ferry from us. When we got back to Nassau we realized she had our boarding passes and ID. (OH NO!!!!) We looked all around for her and finally an hour and a half later we found her shopping though the straw market like it was no big deal!!!! I was so worried about her and there she was happy as a lark, buying who knows what. It was a holiday that day so a lot of the stores were closed. When we got back on the boat, mom and I headed for the hot tub at the Adult Pool. A couple gave us an odd look and then a few minutes later the man whispered to my mom that you had to be 18 or over to swim there. (This was the first of my age problems) We kind of laughed it off an explained that I haven't been 18 in almost 3 years.

Dinner that night was at AP. I had the Lobster and Shrimp Wrapper and Baked Stuffed Tomato with Vegetable Rice and Monterrey Jack Cheese for appetizers, Roasted Chicken Breast with Smashed Potatoes, Vegetables and Cabernet Sauce, and Strawberry Shortcake. I didn't really like any of it, except the smashed potatos. DB, of course had "the best steak ever" and mom had Caesar Salad -- Tossed Tableside with Shaved Parmesan and Foccaccia Croutons, Maple-glazed Salmon with Green Beans and Smashed Red Skin Potatoes, and New York-style Cheesecake. She loved it all. (She's not hard to please, as long as you promise her the shops will be open after dinner.) So of course, after dinner mom went shopping while DB and I went to deck 10 to split a bottle of Asti Spumante (SP). We stayed up and talked a while, then we headed to bed.

Great trip report!!, but I too did not enjoy alot of the food which was served, call me a "plain Jane", but I find it hard to believe that they don't offer "normal" stuff i.e. surf & turf, King Crab, etc. Maybe I'm just not adventurous enough!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter