3/2 Magic Cruise - Day One

LOVETHATMOUSE

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>*~*Some LOVE from
OK, I loved reading all your reports and will try one of my own. Don't know how it will turn out, so if it seems too long, tell me, but here goes....

CAST - Myself, DH, DD

We decided to travel to FL from NY the day before. Got to the airport, went through security and then to check in. All in all it took about 1 hour - not bad I thought. Boarded the plane, and it was off to Orlando! Pilot did a great job and landed 30 minutes early!!

We had reservations at the Radisson, so picked up the car and began our Journey to DCL! Got a rate of $59, so I think we got a great room at a great hotel for a great price. Had the carribean room (?) with a King Bed. I figured my dd would sleep on a rollaway, but they had none when we checked in. Fortunately for us the room had a sofa which I discovered was a pull out twin bed!! No one at the front desk told us about this. I guess they would rather charge you the $10 for a rollaway, so if there is a couch in your room, it is an extra bed! Since it was late, we just got a pizza from the italian restaurant next store and had it in the room, explored the hotel a little and went to bed to dream about the next day.

Got up early, went across to McD's for breakfast and returned our rental car at Avis (very unorganized office, and the woman was not too friendly - but more on that later). We waited for the van to the terminal, caught the first one we saw and climbed in. Heard another family talking, they heard us and in a million to one odds - they turned out to be JOSHUA4 and her family!!! We were laughing - couldn't believe it - what are the odds? Chatted up a storm and saw them periodically on the ship (Lauren I have a pic of Erica and Courtney which I will email to you if you are reading this.).

Got our luggage checked in, made it into the terminal, checked in again and got our room and dining assignments. APLAPLA , second seating :-)( ) and cabin 2544 (midship). Made our way over to the entrance and waited to go in. We thought the terminal was beautiful and the model of the ship GORGEOUS!!.'
Got the go ahead to embark and we were off.......

Enjoying your report! We will also fly in day before, have the $59 special at Radisson, do Avis and have Cat 9 cabin. So I am all ears for any info you choose to offer :) ;) :D

Hi Deb. Just returned to the boards for the first time since our cruise. Can't wait to read your report since I have been too busy to do ours yet. I haven't even had a chance to develop our film yet! I have, however, seen our video and was glad to see we had Courtney and Erica dancing in the port together, as well as at the party with the characters on Deck 9 that very hot afternoon. Hope your trip home went smoothly (I am sure I will read about it soon) and that all is well with your family.

Seems like we got really lucky missing the fire -- Josh would have freaked out about that.

Lauren

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter