3/2-3/9 Trip Report - Part II

LOVETHATMOUSE

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>*~*Some LOVE from
I guess I left off still on day one, so here goes....

After embarkation (early at 12 noon if I remember), we went directly to Parrot Cay for the lunch. This turned out to be our most favorite restaurant. The atmosphere was delightful - reminded us all of the Tiki Room with those beautiful chandeliers. The lunch was delicious, and my dd (6 1/2) actually was brave enough to taste the cold Mango Soup (AWESOME) and now I have to keep Mangos in the house at all time (LOL). After lunch we made it to our stateroom - 2544. We had a huge porthole and was on the starboard side (saw all the islands as we docked). It was much bigger than we expected and the location was great. We would definitely get this stateroom again if our budget would not let us splurge on a veranda. Our host was Wayan who was the BEST! Towel animals everynite, shampoos/conditioners replenished twice daily and deserving of the huge tip we left him.

Our luggage was there when we arrived, so I quickly unpacked and got ourselves situated. The over the door shoe hanger proved to be invaluable - I will bring it on all our trips from now on. We then went exploring, did the ressie scramble (got my massage and palo's) and made it up to Deck 9 for the Sailaway Party which was great. DD made it up to the rope and had "contact" with all the characters. Loved the band, singing and dancing. Never made it to the Topsiders brunch, but that was ok. We decided to just go with the flow and do what we wanted to do when we wanted to. Worked out great! We knew we would do another cruise next year, so whatever we missed out on, we would do then.

It was too cold to swim, so after the party, more exploring and getting to know the ship - which is absolutely beautiful. I had tears in my eyes when I saw her and the grandure of the design. Dropped off pillowcases to be autographed by everyone on board and got ready for dinner at Animators.

Met our servers Girish and Stipe and had a blast with them all week. My dd missed the "show" because she wanted to go to Oceaneers Club and meet counselors, friends. It is a little dissapointing that the show has to be the first night in the room. I looked around the room and saw a lot of sick feeling guests. The seas were very rough (20+ feet) and although we were all ok (brought the bonine - miracle drug!), a lot weren't. So many of them did not enjoy the "show". They should do the "show" everytime in that restuarant. Although the show was great, this was our least favorite place. Without the walls changing, the room has a very cold feeling to it, and the chairs are vinyl/plastic which can be uncomfortable. Food was very good though and we had fun there. Our tablemates were a great family and we ended up spending the whole cruise together, and in fact still talk once a week and almost everyday via email and instant messaging. Made friends for life as we say.

We were all exhausted after dinner, but still made our way to shutters and purchased a picture package and looked at the pics taken that day (which began a nightly ritual). Then back to the room, put on the tv (saw Hercules or Pinnocchio 100 times!) and was rocked to sleep in our new home for the next 7 nights.

Coming soon - our first days at sea!

Thank you for an interesting report. Now I'm dying to try the cold mango soup next month. Looking forward to the next chapter.

We too had Girish and Stipe on the March 23rd cruise. They were both awesome and extremely attentive! We miss them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter