I would buy it if I could move some of my money specifically to Disney.
The stock even where I work split earlier this year and was continuing to climb. It reached $50+ just a little over a month ago. It's barely over $40 now.
I am sure that will recover too.
It was very depressing to see how much ALL my stock has devalued over the last year.

Hang in there, luv2roam, your taking a beating short term. Long term you should do ok. I assume you are talking about your 401-k plan. I hope all of it isn't only in your company. Diversify if you can!!! The idea is that some stocks will go up and some will go down, but overall the trend will be up.

Historically, stocks over the long term has beat inflation. The average annual increase is about 8-10 percent. That doesn't mean every year it's that. some years would be more, some less and some years like now would be negative. The trick is to have enough fixed income to draw on so you don't have to touch your equity in the down turns, and to be as debt free as possible. The ones mostly in trouble now are those who are in debt. Their income is going away or down, but the payments aren't.

It's funny, people want to get wealthy overnight. Little do they know that a vast majority of wealth was accomplished by compounding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter