"24" The Show

My mom, I think, was hooked from Season 1. She told me how good it was, but I thought the premise, that is everything happening in real time, sounded boring. I mean, there's got to be some down time during the day, right?

Well, I started watching Season 4 because I had nothing better to do and I was hooked. I got DD19 to watch it when she was home from school this summer and Fox was rerunning Season 5. They skipped several hours of it though and got her totally confused! So she bought all the previous seasons off of ebay and we've been watching and catching up from Season 1. I think she's finished, but I'm still working on Season 3. She'll get the episodes of Season 5 that she missed when it comes out in November to watch on her ipod. Now she tells me yesterday that she wants to spend a semester next year at American University and intern at the Dept. of Defense or the FBI! I said what about the semester in Strasbourg, France?!!

And is it just me or is anyone else confused about Season 5? Who the heck ARE those guys who were controlling Logan? Did they ever say? And when you think about Logan's actions during the early episodes of the season, it doesn't seem consistent with his knowing all along about the canisters. I agree that Martha Logan will be back, if just to develop her relationship with Aaron. You know there's something between them.

Well, at least there are new shows now to bide my time until January!

Lynn :sunny:

Been a big fan since 1/2 way through 4. Just got in season 1 and my dgf and I are watching it. I'm hoping to get her hooked too. And I told her NO TALKING!! :teeth:

marshallandcartersmo said:
My favorite show!! Haven't missed an episode yet........I'm embarrased to admit I sent DS#2 to the nursery a couple hours after I gave birth because 24 was coming on!! Hey--I have a lifetime to bond w/the baby, I couldn't miss 24!!! FYI--he hasn't appeared traumatized in anyway missing out on that one hour with me. :rotfl:

That would be something I would do too! :rotfl2:

I cannot wait for it to come back on in January. Nobody can talk to me while 24 is on! I also DVR it and have it set as #1 on my priority list. :thumbsup2

I have been a fan since the end of season 2. I just watched season 1 on DVD and it was great! Cannot wait until January!!

Its the super secret jet packs that they cannot even put on the show!!! :rotfl:

Has anyone watched the trailer for Season 6 yet? You can find it on the fox.com website. It's looking good. :smokin:

Papa Deuce said:
This is funny. I work for Fox, and for 3 seasons it was my job to keep it on the air locally. I paid only as much attention as I had to, because I could not stand Keifer Sutherland.

Then while on vacation during season 4, I watched the entire season 1 DVD set. I was hooked totally. Within 2 months I had watched the first 3 seasons.

I love that show. :lmao:
That's about how it happened over here too! We didn't care for Keifer Sutherland either, so we hadn't paid any attention to it on TV.

But, I kept hearing how good it was so I bought my DH season 1 on DVD this past Summer, we watched them every night (3 or 4 hours a night) until it was over. I couldn't get to the store to buy the all the other seasons soon enough! We are both hooked! We have seen all the seasons that have been released on DVD so far, and I just pre-ordered season 5 last week! We can't wait for it to get here! I thought I would put it under the Christmas tree, but there is no way we won't tear into it the night it gets here! :lmao:

I don't know if we will be able to watch it as they air on TV though! We are used to watching 3 or 4 hours at a time, with no commercial breaks. It will seem like torture to only get one hour a week!!! :crazy:

Linda/MA said:
Has anyone watched the trailer for Season 6 yet? You can find it on the fox.com website. It's looking good. :smokin:
::yes:: I can't wait for January!

By the way, did you notice who the president was? Pretty interesting!

Totally love 24! Every time a character who's disappeared or been killed off on 24 shows up on another program I keep thinking... does Jack know about this?

Like Audrey is on The Nine and she's playing a hottie. I keep calling her a tramp. :rotfl: Just because Jack has been shanghaied to China didn't mean she had the right to not only change shows but networks. Now what's Jack going to think when he gets back?? :confused3 :teeth:

I'm glad to see the Audrey character deleted though. She always annoyed me.

The guy that played the head of CTU a couple of seasons ago (the one Jack ended up killing) was on another program this week. ARG... I can't remember which one. Oh I know. It was Justice. He played the prosecutor at the trial.

But, yes, 24 is a weekly event here. Don't even think of interrupting us during that hour. :blush:

Karibeth19 said:
::yes:: I can't wait for January!

By the way, did you notice who the president was? Pretty interesting!

I noticed that too! Where did that come from? I wonder how long of a timeframe it will be from the end of last season to the beginning of this season. . . I would guess enough time to have a presential election.

BTW, I've read that Audrey will still be on 24, at least for a few episodes.

24 is the best show ever!! my friend's hubby lent me season 1 dvd in july. i watched the whole season in 4 days until my eyeballs almost fell out. :crazy: then he lent me season 2, that took me 3 days, and the season 3 the same. i searched high and low for season 4 and ended up renting them from the library and blockbuster, lol. took me about 3 days for that. all 4 seasons in a month. :banana: i was freaking out to realize season 5 wasn't coming out on dvd until december!! i was having withdrawals. but a&e just started showing season 5 daily last monday, so i rush home every day and watch it like a crack addict. :stir: season 6 trailer looks amazing!! i love jack bauer. i don't know how he has any vocal cords left with all the shouting he does, lol. and chloe rocks!! she is such a wacko i love it. best show!!!!! but i have no idea how i will ever get used to waiting for a whole week for the next episode. that just might kill me! :furious:

SusanWasHere said:
but i have no idea how i will ever get used to waiting for a whole week for the next episode. that just might kill me! :furious:

I watched Season 1 on DVD like you, in a week. But the rest of the seasons I have watched week to week and I kind of like it that way. I think it makes it more interesting having something to look forward to and having something to talk about with all my other 24 addicts! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter