20th Anniversary & Restaurant Advice!

Disney Debbie

<font color=deeppink>Survivor<br><font color=blue>
Disney Debbie is on the move again! DH and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary 9/12. (We've planned for 5 year to go to NYC for our 20th - but don't think that sounds like such a "fun" idea on the 1 year anniversary of 9/11)

Soooo - We're going to go to Discovery Cove on our actual anniversary and to Sea World and probably IOA the next two days. We're staying at the Royal Pacific. Where would be a fun place for us to eat on our actual anniversary? DC closes at 5:30 so we'll have all evening to celebrate - we've never been to City Walk without DD!

Thanks!

I understand Emerils is one of the best restaurants in all of Orlando.

Very pricy and special.

I have not been yet, but every post I have read about Emerils gives postiive review of it.

Maybe someone else has an idea.

Good luck,

Herc.

Can't help you in restaurants.. but I will tell you that Discovery Cove is wonderful and magical.. we did it on our 10 year anniversary (kidless as well) and it was fantastic.

I've heard nothing but good things about Emerils. (Never been though!)

We ate at Emerils for our anniversary the year it opened. It was wonderful! I don't remember it being that much more pricey than some of the nicer EPCOT rest. But was better. If they still have it, the chocolate souffle' was great, but you had to order it when you got there. I know someone can give you a more recent review. I hope to eat there again for our anniversary when we return in Oct. Also, when they first opened, you had to make ressies well in advance. Not sure if this is still true, but the food was so much better than most in Orlando, it would be a good bet that it is. Sorry my info. wasn't more up-to-date, but I couldn't miss a chance to rave about this rest. :)

If you want something romantic, try Delfino Riviera at PBH. Like Emeril's it is very expensive but unlike Emeril's it is quiet and soothing with impeccable service.

Ask to have dessert served on the outdoor terrace.

A very special place for that very special meal.

Of course, who knows, the Royal Pacific may have something smashing too.

By September Emeril's new Oriental-style restaurant at the Royal Pacific should be up and running, but just in case you might want to make a ressie now for his place on CityWalk- 5 months ahead is NOT too early to book this! I have heard dinners are booked solid at LEAST 3 months in advance.
Do try Mythos for a memorable lunch. Unfortunately they are rarely if ever open late, and if memory serves me by september the park will be back to early closing times.
(If you prefer lobsters over romance there is an all you can eat lobster buffet on I-Drive that I have heard is tacky but terrific)
Mazel Tov!
:jester:

Thanks for the ideas guys. I didn't realize Emeril was going to have a restaurant at Royal Pacific. My husband (and me too! for that matter) love Italian so we might go with Kelly's suggestion. My DD loves Emeril's show (the cooking show not the sitcom!) and is already mad at us for going without her! It might me a good idea for us to stay away from Emeril's or she'll really be mad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter