2023 Moonlight Magic Dates

Been reading the eligibility requirements and had a question if anyone is able to answer. We are going on a trip together with other extended family members. We are staying in a DVC 2BR on an eligible date. The other families are staying non-DVC. Will our tickets only be usable for guests on our specific reservation or could other family not staying at DVC resorts use them as long as myself (the DVC member) go?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Been reading the eligibility requirements and had a question if anyone is able to answer. We are going on a trip together with other extended family members. We are staying in a DVC 2BR on an eligible date. The other families are staying non-DVC. Will our tickets only be usable for guests on our specific reservation or could other family not staying at DVC resorts use them as long as myself (the DVC member) go?

You will be allowed to get the number of tickets that match the number of registered guests on your reservation. You have to make sure you do that by a specific date, or you will be limited to how many guests are there.

However, you do not input any names for the specific tickets so who the actual guests are that attend with you does not matter as long as you are with them that night.

I have done this a few times now when my trip has corresponded. I have entered the guests that are tentative to come with me so I have tickets and if they end up not coming, I give the tickets away to other DVC owners that didn't get in.

You will be allowed to get the number of tickets that match the number of registered guests on your reservation. You have to make sure you do that by a specific date, or you will be limited to how many guests are there.

However, you do not input any names for the specific tickets so who the actual guests are that attend with you does not matter as long as you are with them that night.

I have done this a few times now when my trip has corresponded. I have entered the guests that are tentative to come with me so I have tickets and if they end up not coming, I give the tickets away to other DVC owners that didn't get in.
Thank you for the info. Great news. I actually filled up the empty slots with people staying at non Disney resorts a while back to help with ADRs so we should be in good shape now.

Has anyone with a booked stay gotten any emails? Historically I’ve gotten a “you are emigre to register at X time” but I still have nothing. I even called and they said I should still be getting the emails! I have no idea what’s up

Do you mean you fill in extra people on your two bedroom reservation? I’m also curious how that works if you are going with a group and staying in a two bedroom but also have a studio booked for two more family members.

I’m on the same boat. We were hoping to switch resorts at the 7 month mark, but I doubt anything will be available now.
I’m still excited to hopefully get to go to our first MM

This is the same with us for sept. All this time I’ve been planning to switch resorts and now I’m afraid it won’t work out. I checked now and there is still availability for both of our 2 alternative resorts. I’m hoping we can still make the switch.

Be prepared to try both. I have read that some needed to enter the membership number of the reservation (especially when doing it on the early sign up) and others that had to enter the membership that is eligible for membership extras.
Thank you.

You will be able to reserve spots for however many guests are listed on the 2BR reservation. If you have 7 names on that reservation and you register 7 people to attend Moonlight Magic, they will distribute 7 wristbands to the eligible DVC Member. They do not police exactly who wears those wristbands inside the park.

Hasn't been announced yet, but last year it was 11 am eastern.

Thank you for this information. Exactly where do I look to try to sign in and get tickets.
Thanks!

Do you mean you fill in extra people on your two bedroom reservation? I’m also curious how that works if you are going with a group and staying in a two bedroom but also have a studio booked for two more family members.
I added some family staying outside Disney to my 2BR reservation as a had a few open slots so they could book ADR’s for the entire stay 60 days out. Not sure how that would work if the other guests are already on another Disney reservation for the same day though.

If you don't get an e-mail, the link to register will be posted here and at countless other online and social media sites.

Exactly!

I’ve owned almost twenty years, 3 contracts, all eligible. I’ve given up on receiving emails… come sometimes but mostly not.

I just check my good friends here at the DIS… always find links and all the info I need… and more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter