2023 Moonlight Magic Dates

The sign-up link will be widely published here, and other places online. You don't have to click from an e-mail link, but the sign-up process will ask for your reservation number to verify your eligibility for the event.
Thanks! Now I have to know which thread to watch for the Tron annual pass previews. :)

Opinions please - HS on 5/11 solo or 5/23 TL with my husband (semi-solo as he’ll leave at 10)
We did HS last year but my husband left early so I kinda did it by myself last year anyway…I’ve never been to TL.

Yes, I believe you will. We did in July…we checked out on 7/26, the date of MM at AK and we got the early invite.
Thanks, that is helpful. I did manage to grab a two-bedroom at SSR for that night, as I guess we need a place to stay the extra night anyway. However, I certainly don't need a two-bedroom for two people.

Apologies for asking redundant questions. As I am interested in the 2 AUG MM at AK, next week's 25 JAN date means nothing to me in terms of registrations or deadlines, correct? I don't need to make a placeholder (keep if I get MM, cancel otherwise) Coronado reservation for 2 AUG until before that registration is forthcoming. Just wanted to be sure.

Thank you again from the clueless seats!

Apologies for asking redundant questions. As I am interested in the 2 AUG MM at AK, next week's 25 JAN date means nothing to me in terms of registrations or deadlines, correct? I don't need to make a placeholder (keep if I get MM, cancel otherwise) Coronado reservation for 2 AUG until before that registration is forthcoming. Just wanted to be sure.

Thank you again from the clueless seats!
The Jan 22 room reservation deadline and the Jan 25 registration date apply to the Epcot event nights ONLY.

Once again, our travel dates miss Moonlight Magic. The one year we had the chance, we LOVED it. Sad that we miss another one, but hope those who are there enjoy it as much as we did. Hoping for the future.

Last edited:
Am I correct to assume this would be my direct points membership number not the membership number the stay is booked under?

Be prepared to try both. I have read that some needed to enter the membership number of the reservation (especially when doing it on the early sign up) and others that had to enter the membership that is eligible for membership extras.

Our trip overlaps with the 2/15 EPCOT MM, so I'll make a point to try and go. Attended an AK MM pre-COVID and had a great time. IIRC, they used to print a small pamphlet that detailed the snack offerings/characters/activities for MM magic events once you walked in. If they do that again, I'll upload a picture here (or somebody attending the earlier EPCOT MM can do so).

About how long does the registration process take? Anything like signing up for Marathon Weekend 2023?

Do people not get tickets when eligible to book on the day ressies open?

(Dates have never aligned - added on two nights in May in hopes of attending)

About how long does the registration process take? Anything like signing up for Marathon Weekend 2023?
The early registration is usually full in 1.5 - 2 hours. Depends on how many dates they're doing at once. General registration is much shorter since there are fewer slots. Should know within 30 minutes.
Do people not get tickets when eligible to book on the day ressies open?
Yes there are people who wish to attend who will not be able to. There are over 5000 DVC villas at WDW now. At max occupancy, there could be over 40,000 people in those rooms. (Obviously many rooms aren't booked to capacity and not everyone in those rooms would be eligible for MM.)

But yes, DVC does limit attendance. It wouldn't be much of a perk if they allowed 20-30k people in the park after-hours. Everyone would be lucky to ride 2-3 attractions, waiting an hour or more for each.

Yes, as posted, not everyone who has a room reservation will get in. theres no strategy at all. Last year I registered for AK. I was #10,000 to start. There were 3 nights available. As I waited 2 nights filled, but the night I needed was still there and I got it, which took 25 minutes, but filled shortly afterwards. It never use to be this hard, but has gotten worse over time.

You got 3 snack tickets. So anything that had a snack symbol next to it you could get. One of your 3 snack tickets could be redeemed for a DVC popcorn bucket, instead of a snack. There were 2, free ice cream carts as well. One by pizzafari and one between dinoland and Nemo show. No free drinks or water stations set up so bring a water bottle.
Were the snack tickets handed out when you got there? I got my tickets in the mail for 2/1 at DCA and the envelope contained the entry tickets and a parking voucher.

Were the snack tickets handed out when you got there? I got my tickets in the mail for 2/1 at DCA and the envelope contained the entry tickets and a parking voucher.
Nothing is mailed out for the WDW MM Events. You get your event wristbands and snack vouchers when you check in for the event.

It's a safe bet you will receive the vouchers at check in when you receive your wrist band.

Because of how entry to DLR operates compared to WDW, past MM events at DLR have always had the paper entry tickets. However they were issued in a separate line before the turnstyles. What they're doing this time with mailing the tickets out first makes sense. Less work on the day of.

I stopped getting DVC emails for no reason a few months ago, I didn't get the MM alert, but I got it when they released for DL. Anyone have ideas on how I can fix this? I'm worried I wont be able to get the deets on sign in times etc for the epcot dates. I have a confirmed reservation already (been booked for month! We are going for my bday :) )

Do I need a park reservation for MM? One of the people in the party already has his park days filled to the number of days of his ticket, but we'd like to make a reservation Epcot for the 7-9PM GOTG virtual queue. We weren't going to do a park that day until the 7PM check-in at Epcot.

Do I need a park reservation for MM? One of the people in the party already has his park days filled to the number of days of his ticket, but we'd like to make a reservation Epcot for the 7-9PM GOTG virtual queue. We weren't going to do a park that day until the 7PM check-in at Epcot.
You do not need a park reservation for MM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter