2017 Holidays at Disney World: What's New & What's Returning

MVMCP - Parade times??
Has anyone noticed the parade times are not listed on the Disney calendar for the party dates? Actually the parade is not listed at all. At first I didn't think anything of it - just part of the party. Then I noticed the Boo to You parade times were listed.
PLEASE PLEASE tell me someone simply didn't properly update the calendar.
The Christmas parade is happening on all the party dates, right?
I'm attending opening night - 9NOV.

MVMCP - Parade times??
Has anyone noticed the parade times are not listed on the Disney calendar for the party dates? Actually the parade is not listed at all. At first I didn't think anything of it - just part of the party. Then I noticed the Boo to You parade times were listed.
The information for this year's party hasn't been released yet. Ive been hearing it may be "leaked" a day or two before the first party.

MVMCP - Parade times??
Parade is definitely happening during the Party. Parade CMs have been in rehearsals for almost a month now.

What about fireworks on non-party nights? Anyone have any inside info on whether this will be HEA (as currently indicated on the schedule) or Holiday Wishes?

Non-Party nights prior to December 23rd will be HEA. Holiday Wishes fireworks show is exclusive to the Party as that’s a big draw.

Once the Parties end on the 22nd, the shows, the parade, and the Holiday fireworks all go to ‘daily ops’ mode through at least the 31st.

I called Disney a while ago and inquired whether or not HEA will be showing the after the party dates and they said yes it will be the fireworks shown after the party dates end. I'm hoping this is still true... Anyone know a definite answer?

I called Disney a while ago and inquired whether or not HEA will be showing the after the party dates and they said yes it will be the fireworks shown after the party dates end. I'm hoping this is still true... Anyone know a definite answer?

The last party date is Fri 12/22...HW will be shown...HW will still be shown over the Christmas weekend, Sat-Sun-Mon...HEA will return after Tues 12/26...

The last party date is Fri 12/22...HW will be shown...HW will still be shown over the Christmas weekend, Sat-Sun-Mon...HEA will return after Tues 12/26...

Hope so as it would be awesome to be able to see both in one trip. Haven't seen either of them yet. The schedule right now indicates HEA every day, and my guess was that it would be Holiday Wishes every day.

Hope so as it would be awesome to be able to see both in one trip. Haven't seen either of them yet. The schedule right now indicates HEA every day, and my guess was that it would be Holiday Wishes every day.

I'm hoping they show HEA that week. I honestly don't think that they will show HW because HEA is so new.

Thank you for sharing this! I did not know! We will be at MK on two party days only (but not attending the party) - do you happen to know what time Frozen Holiday Wish is for non-party guests? I assume its before the park closes at 6pm.
From wdwmagic:

“Although the park closes at 6pm, day guests who are not attending the party will still be able to stay on Main Street U.S.A. until 7pm for shopping, dining and to see A Frozen Holiday Wish, which takes place at 6:15pm.”

I saw the info about castle lighting on party nights, but have they released times for castle lighting on non party nights? Or will they even do it on those nights?

Hi. Anyone have any experience checking out Santa at Disney Springs? How are the waits during the afternoon/early evening on a weekday in early December?

Hi. Anyone have any experience checking out Santa at Disney Springs? How are the waits during the afternoon/early evening on a weekday in early December?
They aren't too bad at DS. Last year I believe they even used a beeper so you could wander DS while you wait

Lines can get pretty long. But you get a pager and can wonder around Disney Springs and Disney will page you when your turn to enter the line is approaching.

They aren't too bad at DS. Last year I believe they even used a beeper so you could wander DS while you wait

What would someone say an average wait for Santa is with the pager? If we do it, it will be Monday Dec 18th

Thanks for putting all this on one thread!

Question about Candlelight Processional. The way you worded it implies that there are really no standby seats as it is "incredibly difficult" to secure seating? Is this really so? There is no way we can afford their dinner prices and were planning on waiting in line to see the show. We did the same 3 or 4 years ago and had no problem doing standby - has it gotten a lot worse?

We watched from the back of the theater (just outside of the planters) one year, not in the seats and not "officially" in the theater. We were able to hear and see everything. Our narrator was Edward James Olmos, not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks for this thread!! This is my first year going at christmas time (nov 26->dec 11) and I am sooooo excited!!!!! I am 26 and definitely going to be doing the chip and dale scavenger hunt :p:teeth:

ME TOOOOOOO!!!! I can't wait to drag my entire family into doing the hunt with me too lolllll but at least WDW is the one place we don't have to completely act like an "adult"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter