2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

I truly doubt anyone will be allowed to book anything tomorrow. I know if I had booked the $145 TIW event and booking happened before the event, I would be really upset.

The Parisian Breakfast is not being offered the Saturday I'm there since it's during the 'dead' period of September. Disappointed, but I guess that means I just have more money to spend at the booths.

The Parisian Breakfast is not being offered the Saturday I'm there since it's during the 'dead' period of September. Disappointed, but I guess that means I just have more money to spend at the booths.

Positve way of looking at it!

My mother and I will most likely be booking a Mexican Tequila Lunch and one of the Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining (Narcoossee's)

No charge seems ridiculous to me, honestly.

And I am glad they went to a charge... it cut down on the people who just showed up to slam down the drinks, race around and get back in line for the "free buzz"

And then there was the year the woman in charge let her friends just stay and stay and stay. They never even had to get back in line. (And yes, she's still there being unprofessional LOL!)

We were thinking about seeing La Nouba... but PFS will be running when we're there! I saw on past reviews the acrobats participated in the entertainment part of the night. How much of them do you get to see? Is it like 1 or 2 songs/segments and the acrobats are done? Also -and this is really important for my family- what's the volume like? Is it crazy, concert loud where you have to yell to hear each other?

This will be my first year at the festival and I can't wait! Probably not going to try for any of the seminars (we only have 2 full days and 1 evening at Epcot). Would rather relax and eat and imbibe and soak it all in.
We had 2 full days and 1 evening and did a duck seminar to finish things out a couple years back, no regrets! We both loved duck so we couldn't say no. It was perfect because we were very tired by the early afternoon of day 2 and the AC was a godsend.

We were thinking about seeing La Nouba... but PFS will be running when we're there! I saw on past reviews the acrobats participated in the entertainment part of the night. How much of them do you get to see? Is it like 1 or 2 songs/segments and the acrobats are done? Also -and this is really important for my family- what's the volume like? Is it crazy, concert loud where you have to yell to hear each other?

Note: they have participated in the past. They did not participate last year (YEAH! I had seen the same act for years!)

I don't think it's crazy loud. I will say that I also don't think it's kid friendly (yes I know, all kids on the DIS are advanced, gourmet eaters LOL But every year I see bored whiny kids sitting there pouting or otherwise interfering with mom and dad at the festival. Doesn't really bother me, but I would hate to be paying $200 a person for that :))

I notice the reserved seating for PFTS no longer says anything about getting in earlier than the start time like in the past.

Note: they have participated in the past. They did not participate last year (YEAH! I had seen the same act for years!)

I don't think it's crazy loud. I will say that I also don't think it's kid friendly (yes I know, all kids on the DIS are advanced, gourmet eaters LOL But every year I see bored whiny kids sitting there pouting or otherwise interfering with mom and dad at the festival. Doesn't really bother me, but I would hate to be paying $200 a person for that :))
Oh my, I can't imagine paying for my kid to go to that! To each there own I guess! We're all 21+ we just hate loud music lol!

We did this with our kids a few years back and they loved it -- no pouting or being whiny. Every kid is different... obviously...

Does anyone know why party for the senses is skipped on the weekend of Sept 30th? I'm so bummed out, I was really looking forward to it. I really hope they have more dates to post.

We had 2 full days and 1 evening and did a duck seminar to finish things out a couple years back, no regrets! We both loved duck so we couldn't say no. It was perfect because we were very tired by the early afternoon of day 2 and the AC was a godsend.
I haven't done the deminars for 2 years now largely because 1) I haven't find something terribly unique/interesting for my planned days in Epcot and 2) I'm not a big fan of the hostess. I've done approx 7 over the years and so once the list is released, I'm looking for something unusual that I can't easily find elsewhere to make it worthwhile to book.

Does anyone know why party for the senses is skipped on the weekend of Sept 30th? I'm so bummed out, I was really looking forward to it. I really hope they have more dates to post.

They have not had it every weekend in the past so I am not real surprised. I am thinking they might have another event to put in the space on some of those empty weekends. Maybe they are not posting "new" stuff until after this weekend?

I haven't done the deminars for 2 years now largely because 1) I haven't find something terribly unique/interesting for my planned days in Epcot and 2) I'm not a big fan of the hostess. I've done approx 7 over the years and so once the list is released, I'm looking for something unusual that I can't easily find elsewhere to make it worthwhile to book.

Yeah, Disney has a lock on "obnoxious hostess" Both the beverage and food Hostesses drive me crazy! (No, we didn't pay to hear YOU talk so SHUT UP!)

Yeah, Disney has a lock on "obnoxious hostess" Both the beverage and food Hostesses drive me crazy! (No, we didn't pay to hear YOU talk so SHUT UP!)
Absolutely. And from what I've observed over the years, more than obnoxious behaviour. Major problem just waiting to boil over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter