2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

@anita46 If food is the focus/goal, I'd stick with California Grill. The What's Cooking With is more a celebrity chef demonstration at which they happen to serve some (mediocre, in my opinion) pastries and an egg dish. Note this dish will be same at every session. You also get a sample of whatever the chef is cooking, which obviously varies. If you're a fan of the chef, it can be fun but ironically, food is not the star. Also worth noting that the celebrity chef is not on stage the full two hours of the event - they typically come out in the 2nd hour after breakfast has been served.

Thanks! Didn't realize we were talking about the "What's Cooking With"

I won't do that again. I was not impressed. You got a pre-plated breakfast that was OK and you just sat there and ate.... then the chef came out with the world's most obnoxious hostess and did a quick demo of his dish which was then served. I assumed the chef was there talking the entire meal, but he/she is just a short part of basically a boring meal :)

THANK YOU for the input...makes the decision much easier...BTW any thoughts on the Il Mulino brunch on Oct 29th...?

If food is the focus/goal, I'd stick with California Grill. The What's Cooking With is more a celebrity chef demonstration at which they happen to serve some (mediocre, in my opinion) pastries and an egg dish. Note this dish will be same at every session. You also get a sample of whatever the chef is cooking, which obviously varies. If you're a fan of the chef, it can be fun but ironically, food is not the star. Also worth noting that the celebrity chef is not on stage the full two hours of the event - they typically come out in the 2nd hour after breakfast has been served.

Thanks so much for the feedback...!!! We do love the CA Grill Brunch...we thought it would be a one time event for us....but we are weak.

Now we consider it a "must-do" every vacay....still a bit conflicted with the once a year brunch that Il Mulino offers in October...but haven't found anyone who's attended... and really that view at CA Grill....my my.

Under "All Dining" on the WDW website, F&W events are starting to show up. The items are indicating that booking will begin July 20th.

The list of Global Markets is there too, with menus! :woohoo:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/food-wine-marketplaces/

Thanks for posting, I got full just reading all of it. I try to get at least one thing from every booth and eat all my meals except breakfast at the booths during F&W but I'm only there for 4 nights 5 days this trip and just don't think I'll make it. Sigh, so much food, so little time.

@anita46 If food is the focus/goal, I'd stick with California Grill. The What's Cooking With is more a celebrity chef demonstration at which they happen to serve some (mediocre, in my opinion) pastries and an egg dish. Note this dish will be same at every session. You also get a sample of whatever the chef is cooking, which obviously varies. If you're a fan of the chef, it can be fun but ironically, food is not the star. Also worth noting that the celebrity chef is not on stage the full two hours of the event - they typically come out in the 2nd hour after breakfast has been served.

Where do I find the CA Grill brunch??

Thanks for posting, I got full just reading all of it. I try to get at least one thing from every booth and eat all my meals except breakfast at the booths during F&W but I'm only there for 4 nights 5 days this trip and just don't think I'll make it. Sigh, so much food, so little time.

Lol! My stomachs is growling. I'm sure it has nothing to do reading through the menus over and over and over. :)

As for now the only Grand Tasting Event posted is PFTS.

There are some open slots.... For example there's no PFTS Halloween weekend. I am wondering if there is some event planed for that.
Maybe they are holding off putting up "new" stuff until after the events this weekend?

There are some open slots.... For example there's no PFTS Halloween weekend. I am wondering if there is some event planed for that.
Maybe they are holding off putting up "new" stuff until after the events this weekend?

I'm guessing that they are holding slots for the specific days for PFTS like you said

Thanks! Didn't realize we were talking about the "What's Cooking With"

I won't do that again. I was not impressed. You got a pre-plated breakfast that was OK and you just sat there and ate.... then the chef came out with the world's most obnoxious hostess and did a quick demo of his dish which was then served. I assumed the chef was there talking the entire meal, but he/she is just a short part of basically a boring meal :)

This was not our experience at all -- except that the hostess IS obnoxious. We did "What's Cooking With Alex Guarnacelli" last year and she was TERRIFIC! She completely took control and really minimized how m much the hostess spoke.

I would do that again in a heartbeat -- assuming a chef who is authoritative -- I knew she would be. :thumbsup2

I was surprised to see no Halloween PFTS also. Hopefully they are just holding on announcing some things.

I am bummed that the Trader Sam's event is only in September. I would have loved to do that. :sad:

I was surprised to see no Halloween PFTS also. Hopefully they are just holding on announcing some things.

I am bummed that the Trader Sam's event is only in September. I would have loved to do that. :sad:

I would have also liked to have done the Trader Sam's event, and we'll be there for the last one on September 27th. But we already booked the Highway in the Sky for that day. And with the high cost on both events, we could only do one. So we decided to keep the Highway in the Sky reservation.

what is the DFB and where can I find it?

Disney Food Blog. They have a website and sell a yearly E-book covering the Food and Wine Festival.

Disney Food Blog. They have a website and sell a yearly E-book covering the Food and Wine Festival.[/QUOTE]

uh oh...i cant get the site to load...of course...lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter