2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

Paying for F&W items - can we use regular credit cards or cash? When we were last there about 5 years ago we used our room card but aren't staying on property, and I seem to recall the opinion here was that paying with cc or cash was a bigger hassle than it was worth.

Thanks!

Paying for F&W items - can we use regular credit cards or cash? When we were last there about 5 years ago we used our room card but aren't staying on property, and I seem to recall the opinion here was that paying with cc or cash was a bigger hassle than it was worth.

Thanks!
Paying by cash shouldn't be an issue. Paying by cc your card issuer may freeze your account for possible fraud if you make multiple charges in a short period of time especially for small amounts. That's why many people purchase the gift cards.

If there's a wine you like at F&W, check and see if they have at a store at home. I found out the hard way that the apple ice wine in the Canada pavilion is available at my local BevMo for considerably less money.
Yes, I found out the hard way also, purchased a bottle of wine in 2016 to take home with me. Several weeks later, saw the same wine in Target of all places and the cost was around $10 cheaper than what I paid at WDW.

This year, if there are any wines I like, I'll take a picture of the label and look them up on BevMo. I already found out BevMo has the Jam Jar Sweet Shiraz from the Africa booth.

Paying by cash shouldn't be an issue. Paying by cc your card issuer may freeze your account for possible fraud if you make multiple charges in a short period of time especially for small amounts. That's why many people purchase the gift cards.

When going on vacation, I'll contact my bank, and notify them of the destination and dates. I haven't had any problems with accounts being frozen when I do that.

If there's a wine you like at F&W, check and see if they have at a store at home. I found out the hard way that the apple ice wine in the Canada pavilion is available at my local BevMo for considerably less money.

See that is the wine I want. LOL. I have checked all our liquor and wine stores etc. around Lexington, KY and I can't find it at all. You can get any type of bourbon you want but Ice Wine is another story!! I had some regular Ice Wine from a trip to Canada a few years ago and I finally drank the last bottle last year. Never had the apple variety and so want to try it and bring some home .

Today, being Labor Day, has an interesting crowd effect. At 11am the booths were crazy busy with long lines. Went back around dinner time and it was like a whole different park. You could have walked up to a front row spot for Illuminations in Italy right as it started.
I think my faves so far were the Mojo Pork and the Peanut Butter White Chocolate Mousse. The Lamb TBone was a big let down this year. Was one of my favorites previously but the one I had today was no good.

Today, being Labor Day, has an interesting crowd effect. At 11am the booths were crazy busy with long lines. Went back around dinner time and it was like a whole different park. You could have walked up to a front row spot for Illuminations in Italy right as it started.
I think my faves so far were the Mojo Pork and the Peanut Butter White Chocolate Mousse. The Lamb TBone was a big let down this year. Was one of my favorites previously but the one I had today was no good.

Do you have anymore Epcot days planned? This will be the best (slowest) week to go

Today, being Labor Day, has an interesting crowd effect ...

It's interesting. We actually went on Saturday, which all advice said to avoid but there were no long lines the whole day at the booths we went to. But there were tons of people, especially after dark.

I know the wine and beer pours are smaller sample size. But what about the $10 frozen cocktails - are they about the same size as ones normally sold in World Showcase (example like the frozen orange and lemon vodka drinks in France) or are they also smaller sized than normal samples? If latter, $10 seems really steep.

I know the wine and beer pours are smaller sample size. But what about the $10 frozen cocktails - are they about the same size as ones normally sold in World Showcase (example like the frozen orange and lemon vodka drinks in France) or are they also smaller sized than normal samples? If latter, $10 seems really steep.

In general they are smaller. I think the French passion slush is the same size as the other French frozen slushes but I haven't done a side by side comparison. Many of the other drinks are very small.

Passion slush:

IMG_8321.JPG

Belgium "chilled iced coffee with Godiva liqueur" (premixed and poured from a plastic jug):

IMG_8339.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter