2016 Christmas Parade!

weswife

DIS Veteran
Hello!

My DD has asked to go to the Christmas parade for her 2016 trip! My question is when do they usually tape it? From what I have been reading the parade is pre taped? I would like to make plans for that. Any advice or info you have to offer would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

They usually tape it the first weekend in December, but this year they taped it in November, and unfortunately, they don't post the dates very far in advance. Also, they really don't show much of the parade on TV anymore, plus, it's not like they run the parade once and film it. It's more like tape one float, redo it, maybe redo it again, next float, lather, rinse, repeat. If she has her heart set on seeing the parade in person, it would really be easier to just go to an MVMCP and watch the parade there, plus, I think the parade looks prettier at night anyway.

They usually tape it the first weekend in December, but this year they taped it in November, and unfortunately, they don't post the dates very far in advance. Also, they really don't show much of the parade on TV anymore, plus, it's not like they run the parade once and film it. It's more like tape one float, redo it, maybe redo it again, next float, lather, rinse, repeat. If she has her heart set on seeing the parade in person, it would really be easier to just go to an MVMCP and watch the parade there, plus, I think the parade looks prettier at night anyway.

Awesome advice.. Thanks so much for the reply! I was hoping they posted the taping dates and we could plan around that.... Well kind of makes booking the trip easier, not having to search for dates. Do you know when the Christmas displays go up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter