2015 New Balance Shoes

Ack!!!

The wait is killing me!!!!

(Thank you for letting me vent - I'm better now) :)

My DH wants a pair and we will be down there the week of May 2nd. I think they will be offered then but I don't know if I can buy them since I am not a runner (would love to be). If they have them will they be at the ESPN center or possibly somewhere else? Do they only offer them at that event or at all the marathons throughout the year? If at all marathons where do you go to get them?

He would also love to have the orange ones they have out this year. I wonder if they will still have them in January.

Sorry for so many questions.

Just saw this at
http://www.newbalance.com/on/demand...e/default/FIT-article?bundle=1402&cat=running

"Wishes do come true! Due to popular demand and limited availability in 2014, we're bringing back the current runDisney collection (seen above) for another chance to get your hands on the 860v4 Sorcerer Mickey & Pink Minnie as well as the 890v4 Goofy & Cinderella shoes. The collection will be available during the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna and at the Star Wars Half Marathon presented by Sierra Nevada Corporation. "

and

"But that's not all...We'll also be releasing a new limited edition style for race weekend! Stay tuned over the next couple weeks for an exclusive sneak peek and more informaiton (sic) as we get closer to the event."

So NB is going to have old AND new shoes I guess?

Kind of makes me concerned that it will be like the 2013 Marathon Expo and there will be *very* limited supplies (of the new shoes) but they have surprised me in the past. The 2014 Marathon Expo was 100x better than the 2013 - in terms of buying shoes - and the 2014 Disneyland Half Expo was 100x better than that! Hopefully they continue the trajectory!

Can't wait for info on the new styles. I'll still probably buy another pair of Sorcerer Mickey shoes. I ran in the 860 even before the Disney shoes and my Sorcerer Mickey shoes are my race day shoes. Love 'em!

My DH wants a pair and we will be down there the week of May 2nd. I think they will be offered then but I don't know if I can buy them since I am not a runner (would love to be). If they have them will they be at the ESPN center or possibly somewhere else? Do they only offer them at that event or at all the marathons throughout the year? If at all marathons where do you go to get them?

He would also love to have the orange ones they have out this year. I wonder if they will still have them in January.

Sorry for so many questions.

Unfortunately, they only offer the Disney New Balance shoes at the Expos for the runDisney events. But they just announced that last years models will be available at the two events in January 2015 (Marathon and Star Wars).

The only other place I know where one can purchase the Disney New Balance shoes is on eBay. In the past, the prices have been sky high but maybe they'll come down now that the shoes will have been out there awhile?

My DH wants a pair and we will be down there the week of May 2nd. I think they will be offered then but I don't know if I can buy them since I am not a runner (would love to be). If they have them will they be at the ESPN center or possibly somewhere else? Do they only offer them at that event or at all the marathons throughout the year? If at all marathons where do you go to get them? He would also love to have the orange ones they have out this year. I wonder if they will still have them in January. Sorry for so many questions.

That's the same weekend as the Expedition Everest Challenge. I think you can get in to the Expo even if you aren't a runner, so it may be worth it to check the expo times/days on the RunDisney website to see if they coincide with your trip.

I'll definitely check into it. I'm glad to hear there still is a chance to get the old ones too. :goodvibes

Just saw this at
http://www.newbalance.com/on/demand...e/default/FIT-article?bundle=1402&cat=running

"Wishes do come true! Due to popular demand and limited availability in 2014, we're bringing back the current runDisney collection (seen above) for another chance to get your hands on the 860v4 Sorcerer Mickey & Pink Minnie as well as the 890v4 Goofy & Cinderella shoes. The collection will be available during the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna and at the Star Wars Half Marathon presented by Sierra Nevada Corporation. "

and

"But that's not all...We'll also be releasing a new limited edition style for race weekend! Stay tuned over the next couple weeks for an exclusive sneak peek and more informaiton (sic) as we get closer to the event."

Gotta say, as much as I liked the 2014 designs, I'm a little disappointed they are only releasing what appears to be one "new limited edition style." I wonder if that means they are trying to sell out all the old 2014 stock in 2015, and then maybe starting with a whole new line in 2016?

I was thinking of going to the Expo Friday morning first thing when they open, getting my number, sneakers, looking around real quick, and then hopefully getting back to meet up with the family in AK for a 11:40-12:40 FP at EE, then lunch reservations at 12:30. Does this sound like it will work?

I was thinking of going to the Expo Friday morning first thing when they open, getting my number, sneakers, looking around real quick, and then hopefully getting back to meet up with the family in AK for a 11:40-12:40 FP at EE, then lunch reservations at 12:30. Does this sound like it will work?

That will be a tough one. It takes a while to get there because of traffic. Also Friday will be a busy day. Just depends on how many others are trying to get there first thing friday. Good luck, you never know.

I guess I was assuming the "new limited edition style" was a new design. You're thinking it isn't?
They didn't read the the announcement correctly. Once again to all wanting RunDisney NB shoes.....this past years and wait for it........
A PAIR WITH A NEW DESIGN WILL BE OFFERED as well. Folks are really on edge about these dang shoes. Relax people we'll all get them.
Off my soap box now.
Merry Christmas

I'm just excited to get a pair of Disney shoes! This is our first race, first Expo … I'm so so so excited!

This is weird - the link is now gone and redirected to a Susan G Komen page.

Maybe they took it down to fix the "informaiton" typo? Haha

That will be a tough one. It takes a while to get there because of traffic. Also Friday will be a busy day. Just depends on how many others are trying to get there first thing friday. Good luck, you never know.

My other option, is to go the the Expo on Saturday, and then try to get to HS for a TSMM FP from 11:45-12:45. My only concern on Saturday is that the half marathon may have an impact on traffic, and make the going slow. The other thing is waiting until the last day to get my bib and get me some of those sneakers. I guess I will have to see what the new designs are to see if I want to get there sooner to scoop up the old ones, or wait until Saturday for the new ones.

I am really hoping they just haven't properly updated their webpage yet from the Avengers. Because this just reads all wrong:

Runners can sign up at NBvirtualqueue.com using your bib number starting Wednesday, January 7, and all other guests can sign up Thursday, January 8.

Because right now it reads like a two day vs a four day expo. And I can't see why they would suddenly change their rules (runners only for every day except for the last one).

Because right now it reads like a two day vs a four day expo. And I can't see why they would suddenly change their rules (runners only for every day except for the last one).

Over at www.nbvirtualqueue.com/ it's laid out for all four days with runners only on Wed/Fri and open to everyone for Thu/Sat:

Runners, you get a head start — at Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna, you can sign up by using your bib number at 6 AM Wednesday morning, January 7, and Friday morning, January 9. The virtual queue will be open to everyone on a first-come, first-sign-up basis for 6 AM sign ups Thursday morning, January 8, and Saturday morning, January 10.​

I have no idea what the one new shoe design might be, but a Frozen theme would seem to make sense for a single new design after a year with multiple new designs... guess we'll find out in another week or two for those of you chomping at the bit! popcorn::

Really can't wait to see the new design. It makes me think that all of the designs aren't ready for prime time by the January races, so they focused on one. Just my two-cents.

Hopefully it will be easier to get them with the virtual queue. It's been amazing the past times I've used it.

Now, when is that SNEAK PEEK!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter