2014 Free Dining PIN Code Thread

My sister got an FD Pin yesterday, glad someone in the family is still getting them; she got the one we used last October.

No trip for a few years though.

My sister got an FD Pin yesterday, glad someone in the family is still getting them; she got the one we used last October.

No trip for a few years though.

Was if FD for October? Or was it the one for March? Just curious...watching and hoping for FD in October! ;)

I just got my first PIN code in my name. In the past we DW would get them a couple times a year. It is the 35% off or FD booking before 2/15.

Meant to post this here and put it in the other thread instead.

Think we still have a bit of a wait for the fall free dining offers pin code or otherwise. I had a bounceback, like most likely did, but I will never go back in the heat of August- early October. And really, I will likely not end up going this year anyway. But it is fun to dream.

Yeah, there should be some summer pin codes (not FD necessarily) before the Fall. When I got my Summer Pin it came in March. The day of DD birthday... nice gift : )

Someone posted on the other thread that they received their fall free dining code on Mother's Day last year, just to give those waiting a little of a perspective. :goodvibes

Does anyone ever get a FDing PIN for March? I noticed the room rates are lower then, so hopefully a slower time and there is a chance for a PIN?

This is my first post. I am planning a May 2014 trip but haven't booked it yet. I have been reading about these PINs and am wondering how are they sent to people. Email? Regular mail? Do I have to sign up somehow to have a chance to get one? Our last Disney visit was in 2012 and we stayed at ASMu. I just ordered the Disney planning DVD yesterday. I have also priced out a few different hotel possibilities on the Disney site over the past couple of days. Will that help my chances or is it all completely random? Thanks!:)

This is my first post. I am planning a May 2014 trip but haven't booked it yet. I have been reading about these PINs and am wondering how are they sent to people. Email? Regular mail? Do I have to sign up somehow to have a chance to get one? Our last Disney visit was in 2012 and we stayed at ASMu. I just ordered the Disney planning DVD yesterday. I have also priced out a few different hotel possibilities on the Disney site over the past couple of days. Will that help my chances or is it all completely random? Thanks!:)

Hi and WELCOME! The PINs can come via email or snail mail through Disney Destinations. PINs can also be attached to your name (or other's names in your traveling party) in Disney's system. With this form a simple call to WDW and asking if a PIN is attached to your account will give you the answer. And don't stop with just one phone call, a PIN can be attached at any time. And yes, it appears, that this is all "random" with no rhyme or reason. It sounds like you have already done what many suggest may help improve chances of getting a PIN. Being on as many Disney related (e)mailing lists as possible (ESPN, Disney Store, ABCFamily,etc.) is thought to be another strategy to help increase chances of getting a PIN. Good luck! And I hope your Disney adventure is magical!pixiedust:

Does anyone ever get a FDing PIN for March? I noticed the room rates are lower then, so hopefully a slower time and there is a chance for a PIN?

Hmmm. I am hoping you get a positive answer on this. I'm hoping to go March 2016.

Hey guys:wave2: The current PIN is good for FD through March 5. I believe the book by date is 2/15(??), so we will have to wait and see if Disney comes out with another PIN and to see if it covers more of March:yay: But after last year, I guess we can expect nothing to be exactly the same from year to year.:goodvibes March was on my short list of possible months to go also.

Sorry, newbie here. How do you know if your in the Disney system to be eligible for a pin?

Sorry, newbie here. How do you know if your in the Disney system to be eligible for a pin?

Have you ever requested something from Disney Destinations like the planning DVDs? Or, are you signed up for an account on Walt Disney World's website page? Those are the two big ones, and some folks who have gotten the PIN have not necessarily ever been to WDW. Some folks have even reported getting a PIN without ever having signed up with WDW/Disney Destinations, but I would think that by doing so would increase one's chances. So start signing up and then give WDW a call to see if you have a PIN. Also make sure these places have your current email/snail mail address and/or if it has been a while and you are already signed up, go in and update profile, even if nothing has changed. Good luck!!!pixiedust:

Another person to chime in wishing for an October FD pin or offer. As last trips in both December and January have been with FD but I cannot recall the October offers? Has FD been offered in Octobers of years past or just last year?

Another person to chime in wishing for an October FD pin or offer. As last trips in both December and January have been with FD but I cannot recall the October offers? Has FD been offered in Octobers of years past or just last year?

Yes, free dining has been offered to general public for the past several years. This past October it was available Oct 1 and 2 and then did not pick up again till the 18th.:)

Yes, free dining has been offered to general public for the past several years. This past October it was available Oct 1 and 2 and then did not pick up again till the 18th.:)

Thanks. The 18th of October would be the first day I would hope for if any in October so I will cross my fingers, toes, arms, eyes, etc.....

Thanks. The 18th of October would be the first day I would hope for if any in October so I will cross my fingers, toes, arms, eyes, etc.....

Good luck!pixiedust: Crossing everything for ya, too! Last year there was also a PIN for free dining that covered a broader range of dates from very late August through mid-December. Maybe we will see that again this year.:goodvibes

One of our very good friends just got a PIN in the mail but they aren't going this year. Is it possible for us to use this PIN number or is it linked to their name in the Disney system?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter