2014 Candlelight Processional Reservation

11/28 – 11/29: Jodi Benson
11/30 – 12/2: Neil Patrick Harris
12/3 - 12/4: Jonathan Groff (Frozen's Kristoff) --- mentioned in previous post
12/5 – 12/6: Whoopi Goldberg
12/7 - 12/8: TBD (no 5 p.m. show on 12/7)
12/9 - 12/11: TBD
12/12 - 12/14: Joe Morton (Scandal---Had to look him up!)
12/18 – 12/20: Ana Gasteyer
12/21 – 12/23: Marlee Matlin
12/24 - 12/25: Isabella Rossellini
12/26 – 12/27: Blair Underwood
12/28 – 12/30: Steven Curtis Chapman

Now I wonder about changes that will occur between now and November 28th/December 30.

AllEars- source

OMG I am like flipping out and in tears over Jonathan Groff being there on my date I'm going!! I can't believe it! I am a HUGE fan of him and have had a crush on him for years! I was supposed to see him in Spring Awakening, of which he was the star of on Broadway some years ago - I got front row seats only to find out he was on vacation on the day! I was crushed!

And now here it is, my first Candlelight Processional and I get to see him!! I'm over the moon! I'm probably going to keep both my reservations now, so I can see him twice! LOL. And my excitement has almost nothing to do with Frozen, of which I like, but am rather indifferent to on the whole. This is one case where the over-saturation of Frozen has made a dream of mine come true, so I never thought I'd say 'Thank you, Frozen!' but well, THANK YOU FROZEN!

I'm thrilled I got Joe Morton! I'm a huge Scandal fan and his speaking voice is glorious. Happy happy!

Now my dilemma is that I will be in Epcot during Jonathan too... Do I want to see it twice... Eeek. I better decide fast.

I decided to book Jonathan Groff too with a lunch. I am more than happy to watch candelight twice. The viewings are 8 days apart - and heck, I've watched it twice in one night before at DL.

First time going to the processional. Anyone care to share a past experience with the narrator scheduled 12/28 – 12/30: Steven Curtis Chapman.
I've never heard of him before.

I am so frustrated that when they took Sharon Stone off the schedule they also removed her performance dates. Not even listed as TBD- just gone from the list!:confused3
Getting a little concerned as we have the CP dinner package booked for 12/17. :worried: I know they wouldn't have a 3 day stretch without a performance but that's the way it looks! Please Disney....don't stress me out!

I am so frustrated that when they took Sharon Stone off the schedule they also removed her performance dates. Not even listed as TBD- just gone from the list!:confused3 Getting a little concerned as we have the CP dinner package booked for 12/17. :worried: I know they wouldn't have a 3 day stretch without a performance but that's the way it looks! Please Disney....don't stress me out!
Either they updated the site overnight or you aren't looking at the official site. Chita Rivera is scheduled for the 17th.

Jodi Benson November 28 and 29, 2014
Neil Patrick Harris November 30 to December 2, 2014
Jonathan Groff (NEW!) December 3 and 4, 2014 - Kristoff
Whoopi Goldberg December 5 and 6, 2014
TBD December 7 to December 8, 2014
TBD December 9 to December 11, 2014

Joe Morton December 12 to December 14, 2014 - Scandal
Chita Rivera December 15 to December 17, 2014
Ana Gasteyer (NEW!) December 18 to December 20, 2014
Marlee Matlin December 21 to December 23, 2014
Isabella Rossellini December 24 and 25, 2014
Blair Underwood December 26 and 27, 2014
Steven Curtis Chapman December 28 to December 30, 2014

Wow, getting closer, but still Dec.7-11th unannounced!:confused3

STILL WAITING! ANXIOUS for the "TBD" dates to be settled!:santa::santa::goodvibes

First time going to the processional. Anyone care to share a past experience with the narrator scheduled 12/28 – 12/30: Steven Curtis Chapman.
I've never heard of him before.

He is a very popular Christian singer. I have not heard him personally, but the consensus appears to be that he is one of the better narrators.

Does anyone know why Sharon Stone was removed? Too controversial or just a scheduling issue for her? :confused3

So when we all booked our packages back in July? I don't know it was so long ago... I booked mine for 430 to see the 645 show. I have been waiting to see it officially posted somewhere what ADR times were for what show. I just called and of course my 430 time is for the 815 show :( I wanted the 645 show so we'd have time to make it to see Illuminations. Of course I have a FP+ for Illuminations but I guess by the time we get to the FP area, it will have started. We are going on a NPH night so it's going to be crazy. How long is the CP show?

Just gave up these reservations...

12/1 4:30 Via Napoli for 3
12/6 3:30 Via Napoli for 3
12/7 3:30 Via Napoli for 3

So when we all booked our packages back in July? I don't know it was so long ago... I booked mine for 430 to see the 645 show. I have been waiting to see it officially posted somewhere what ADR times were for what show. I just called and of course my 430 time is for the 815 show :( I wanted the 645 show so we'd have time to make it to see Illuminations. Of course I have a FP+ for Illuminations but I guess by the time we get to the FP area, it will have started. We are going on a NPH night so it's going to be crazy. How long is the CP show?

If the CP show stays the same as past years, it's about 40 minutes. So you'd be out close to 9. Illuminations isn't til 9:30, so you can probably make it to the FP+ area. If you can, it might be helpful to try to get a seat at the end of a row, so you can make a quick exit and duck out as soon as the show is over and while the performers are taking their bows and such. That will give you a little bit of a head start. If you and your party can move along at a good pace, you should be okay.

If the CP show stays the same as past years, it's about 40 minutes. So you'd be out close to 9. Illuminations isn't til 9:30, so you can probably make it to the FP+ area. If you can, it might be helpful to try to get a seat at the end of a row, so you can make a quick exit and duck out as soon as the show is over and while the performers are taking their bows and such. That will give you a little bit of a head start. If you and your party can move along at a good pace, you should be okay.

We're 2 adults and a 2 year old so with a stroller a good pace not so much, lol. We'll skip the stroller that night. DH and I will just have to take turns lugging him around all night so that we can book it after CP is over. Hopefully nobody has to pee between CP and Illuminations ;) I guess it's possible we will make it, thanks. I'd say we can just skip watching Illuminations from the FP area, but I think by the time we get out of CP around 9, all the spots around the lagoon will already be taken.

Likewise with us. We are going to the 5:00 show and I have reservations for Akershus at 6:30. There shouldn't be any problem getting there should it?

Dec 7th - Dec 11th still missing..:confused3

Hoping SOON!!!:thumbsup2

Don't want to use a FP on Illuminations, but will do so!

CAN'T WAIT!:thumbsup2:santa::santa:

We're 2 adults and a 2 year old so with a stroller a good pace not so much, lol. We'll skip the stroller that night. DH and I will just have to take turns lugging him around all night so that we can book it after CP is over. Hopefully nobody has to pee between CP and Illuminations ;) I guess it's possible we will make it, thanks. I'd say we can just skip watching Illuminations from the FP area, but I think by the time we get out of CP around 9, all the spots around the lagoon will already be taken.
Will you be in Epcot another evening? My daughter and I are park hopping and plan to see Illuminations another evening instead of trying to rush from CP and find a spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter