**2013** What's on the Emerald Aisle???

I"m still watching those January rates. There has been some downward movement with National the past day, but nowhere close to the rate I have with Alamo right now. I would pay a little extra with National, but right now there's a $200 difference...Ugh.... We have just under 3 weeks, so watch daily (sometimes twice a day).

I"m still watching those January rates. There has been some downward movement with National the past day, but nowhere close to the rate I have with Alamo right now. I would pay a little extra with National, but right now there's a $200 difference...Ugh.... We have just under 3 weeks, so watch daily (sometimes twice a day).

Good luck N2mm! pixiedust:

Good luck N2mm! pixiedust:

Thanks, looks like I may be renting with National. A few days ago the rate dropped and the difference is $60 now. I'm pretty certain I may pay the higher rate with National (246) over the lower rate I have with Alamo (179). It's $6 more a day. I get so many perks with National and none with Alamo. Strangely the National rate went back up after I booked it, but I've got 2 more weeks. Last year I paid $135 total for the exact same rental time with National. My last trip was October and had to go with Alamo because the difference was huge. So I'll be happy to use my Exec. Aisle status this trip.

Picked up a car yesterday (Friday 1/11) around 5 PM B side.

Aisle, lots of cars. Malibus, Camry, the Hyundia (I think it's a Sonata) and some of the small SUVs (no mini vans)

Executive, Chrysler 300's, 2 stripped Avalons, Camry, Impala, 1 HUGE SUV (tahoe?) and a couple of smaller ones. I took a Volvo SUV that is pretty cool. (I generally won't take an SUV but I know on this trip there's not going to be a time when my luggage is just sitting in the back. I would NOT take one if that was going to happen, it's too easy for a smash and grab and most of the rental car SUVs don't have "covers" in the cargo area)

Saturday 1/19, 3pm, B Side:
Several Impalas, a couple Chrysler 200s, Altimas, Jettas, and Sonatas; and one each: Kia Optima, VW Passat, Fusion, Malibu and Camry. I saw a small crossover at the very end of the aisle, but someone had already started the car so I didn't bother walking down to see the model. I was slightly surprised at the wide variety.

Just wondering...my flight arrives at 10:30 pm, Feb 27th. Is this a horrible time of day for car selection? The kids love getting to pick out our car for the week, and they look for the cool stuff (sporty/SUV/convertible). We've always gotten lucky in the past, but then again, we've always arrived around 10am...

We've been using the KLM partner code since last June (3 trips) and have been getting prices at about 40-50% of the normal rates. Includes almost all the insurance for free.

Just wondering...my flight arrives at 10:30 pm, Feb 27th. Is this a horrible time of day for car selection? The kids love getting to pick out our car for the week, and they look for the cool stuff (sporty/SUV/convertible). We've always gotten lucky in the past, but then again, we've always arrived around 10am...

Hi Lizard V. Its problably not thee best time frame. But, sometimes they have been pretty open to letting you have any pick if the line is empty. I scored a convertible by coming in late and the entire garage was very empty > he said take anything you want, before he could say no convertibles we where already pack it. ;) The attendants are great and helpful.
Don't worry you will get something. :thumbsup2

Good luck and happy hunting, mky :cutie:

Picked up a car yesterday (Friday 1/11) around 5 PM B side.

Aisle, lots of cars. Malibus, Camry, the Hyundia (I think it's a Sonata) and some of the small SUVs (no mini vans)

Executive, Chrysler 300's, 2 stripped Avalons, Camry, Impala, 1 HUGE SUV (tahoe?) and a couple of smaller ones. I took a Volvo SUV that is pretty cool. (I generally won't take an SUV but I know on this trip there's not going to be a time when my luggage is just sitting in the back. I would NOT take one if that was going to happen, it's too easy for a smash and grab and most of the rental car SUVs don't have "covers" in the cargo area)

Do you know what category the Volvo SUV was if you were trying to catch it in the "reserved" section? I am jazzed that they carry the line and would like to work a little harder to get one than gambling on the aisle. I know they may not have one even with a "reserved" booking, but I figure the odds are better....TIA :)

Do you know what category the Volvo SUV was if you were trying to catch it in the "reserved" section? I am jazzed that they carry the line and would like to work a little harder to get one than gambling on the aisle. I know they may not have one even with a "reserved" booking, but I figure the odds are better....TIA :)

Guessing it would be suv aisle {small suv?}.
Not sure if your interested but last year I rented a volvo on the EA. And we wound up bringing it back early and trading it > the cigar smell was killer. Set off my asthma. The attendant told us > they are frequently rented by business man / golfers cause of the trunk and it being a nice car > but always cigar smell. I even lysoled the heck out of it and it remained terrible. :confused3
But, if you like cigars you could be happy? :wizard:

Guessing it would be suv aisle {small suv?}.
Not sure if your interested but last year I rented a volvo on the EA. And we wound up bringing it back early and trading it > the cigar smell was killer. Set off my asthma. The attendant told us > they are frequently rented by business man / golfers cause of the trunk and it being a nice car > but always cigar smell. I even lysoled the heck out of it and it remained terrible. :confused3
But, if you like cigars you could be happy? :wizard:

Interesting about the smell. I figured it was an SUV, just didn't know if it was the small or standard size. :)

Picked up at 4:00PM on 1/23 Side A. There was a good selection. On the regular EA side it was mostly mid-size/full-size cars, a few small SUV (kia), and at least one minivan (caravan), a VW bug too. We are Executive Aisle members, so pretty much focus on that side. There was lots to choose from, many full size or better cars (impalas, 300s), a few different mid-size SUVs, at least 2 minivans (T&C and Caravans). Nothing really big like Suburans, Explorers or similar (we generally see those too, but not this time). We, like others here, took a Volvo x60(?) mid-size SUV. It was nice and we enjoyed it. Didn't have alot of bells & whistles like other cars we pick up on the ExAisle, but we were happy with it. We did notice that there were no Fords of any type (we like the Edge and wanted to try the new Escape). Our Volvo was a 2013.

Drop off was 2/3 (Saturday) Side A @ 10:30AM and we had time since we just found out our flight was delayed, so we took a peek. On the regular EA side there were only sedans, nothing bigger (no SUVs or minivans). On the Executie Aisle side pretty much only sedans, though we did see a couple of SUVs. We only looked from the start and didn't not walk all the way down as it looked pretty similar throughout, though it was fully stocked, but mostly only cars.

Deleted post asking about Exec vs. regular - n2mm has explained the difference in his post.

We are renting in Orlando in June. While making the reservation today, it was cheaper to pick up at WDW and return. Do they have emerald aisle at WDW Car Care?

We are renting in Orlando in June. While making the reservation today, it was cheaper to pick up at WDW and return. Do they have emerald aisle at WDW Car Care?

No there is no emerald aisle at the CC center. Generally they are only features of airports. So if you rent at the CC or dolphin, you get the level of service you sign up for. If you book via emerald, you will get a mid-size car. However, if you can get a larger car picking up at the cc for a cheaper price, it would be a good deal.

No there is no emerald aisle at the CC center. Generally they are only features of airports. So if you rent at the CC or dolphin, you get the level of service you sign up for. If you book via emerald, you will get a mid-size car. However, if you can get a larger car picking up at the cc for a cheaper price, it would be a good deal.

I'm a new Emerald Club member I only rent a car one a year although mostly with National so I don't know if this is normal. Like you said, there is no Emerald Aisle but the CC center knows how to take care of their members. When the shuttle picked me up at my hotel they knew I was an Emerald Club member. Instead of going through the line the "manager" met me at the shuttle and we sat in his office to do the paperwork. Being my first Emerald Club rental he needed to double check drivers lincense and credit card numbers entered previously. I had rented a compact car and ended up with a nearly brand new, under 1,500 mile, Kia Optima, a full size car. I'm assuming the newest compact - Full Sized car on the lot. By the time we were done with the paperwork the car was warming up waiting for me right out front.

just booked emerald isle for pick up date of april 15 (monday), just looking to see what people are getting!

Any updates from recent renters out there?

Picked up on Monday, 2/11, about 3:45pm. There was a Dodge minivan, a SUV, that I didn't get details on and two Chevy Equinox, in addition to the usual midsize suspects.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter