2011 Free Dining is Extended! New dates as of 8/3

Since I have booked all of my parents trips, I get their emails from Disney. While we have never gotten a pin, my parents have gotten several. Of course, we go every year and they have only gone twice.

Anyway, they received the free dining pin yesterday for the dates previously mentioned in this thread. In a change from what I usually see, the dining plan was only free with Deluxe resorts. At the moderate and value resorts, you could only get free quick service dining.

The email stated that this particular offere had to be booked by 4/30/11.

I got the pin this morning too, only it is in my mother's name because I booked her trip on my email 2 years ago and they have not been back and I have a trip booked and been back since then- so I assume they are trying to lure her back. Same dates as others.

I couldn't use it if I wanted to in her name.

Since I have booked all of my parents trips, I get their emails from Disney. While we have never gotten a pin, my parents have gotten several. Of course, we go every year and they have only gone twice.

Anyway, they received the free dining pin yesterday for the dates previously mentioned in this thread. In a change from what I usually see, the dining plan was only free with Deluxe resorts. At the moderate and value resorts, you could only get free quick service dining. The email stated that this particular offere had to be booked by 4/30/11.

They've been doing this over the past year or so, but I believe you can pay to upgrade to the Reg and DxDP (this was offered to my sis last year).

Tiger :)

Interesting fact, everyone's situation is different. If free dining comes out this year, I would be o.k. with the moderates being on the QS plan. I realize it si s aloss of value over previous years, and I can see how that would irritate many people. I my case it would save me money over what I am currently booked with, and I might end up upgrading my room to a moderate. I only want the QS dining, and since there is no downgrade path, I would not consider the moderates during free dining if I was locked in to the regular plan.

I know it has been stated before, but I don't want to go to the park when all the rides are walk ons and then have to waste hours getting to a specific Sit down resuraunt, at a specific time, waiting there, waiting on my food, and then transporting back to the park I was in.... at least not once a day. Sure QS might be junk food, but I can step up to any QS whenever my kids an I are hungry or need to sit, wherever is closest, eat and move on with my day.

I too am waiting for October promotions to come out. It’s all about patience though. I'm confident that they'll come out with something. In years past they've waited until late March or April to release fall promotions.

I saw somone on another site, who said that Free Dining for the summer was going to be offered to the general public in a few weeks. They claimed it was emailed to them from themouseforless. It sounds like the same offer that the PIN that is mentioned here is for.

I forget the exact details but I think it was QSDP for values, DDP for moderates and DXDP for deluxes.

I saw somone on another site, who said that Free Dining for the summer was going to be offered to the general public in a few weeks. They claimed it was emailed to them from themouseforless. It sounds like the same offer that the PIN that is mentioned here is for.

I forget the exact details but I think it was QSDP for values, DDP for moderates and DXDP for deluxes.

I know you are admittedly fuzzy on the details but I would be shocked it they offered the DxDP...historically it's the regular plan even for deluxe resorts.

They've been doing this over the past year or so, but I believe you can pay to upgrade to the Reg and DxDP (this was offered to my sis last year).

Tiger :)

No, they have been doing the QSDP for the Values only. If it now includes the moderates, that would be a change.

No, they have been doing the QSDP for the Values only. If it now includes the moderates, that would be a change.

I just checked our PIN again and it is in fact for the QSDP for the mods and values and the DDP for the deluxes. It will be interesting to see if there is a public offer if it is the same.

I was pretty sure my sister was looking into booking a moderate, and it was QSDP only. But, perhaps that is incorrect, as it's changed over the years, and we were pricing out a lot of different scenarios for her trip. Sorry about that.

Tiger

You also have to remember that WDW released a "free dining promotion last Aug for a lot of 2011 dates (had to be booked by end of Dec) A lot of people jumped on those codes and booked so rooms may be "booked for promos" of course there is nothing saying that WDW won't release more discount codes in the near future (In the past it has been begininh to mid April for free dining after mid Aug).

I know you are admittedly fuzzy on the details but I would be shocked it they offered the DxDP...historically it's the regular plan even for deluxe resorts.

Where I saw this posted was not like the DIS. It was an annonomous, and I have no way to see if the poster was credible. I'm merely repeated the details that he or she listed. They did point out you could get the DxDP staying in the WL or AKL. I don't suscribe to the mouseforless so I don't how true this could be or not be based on that site/company being the original source for the information.

I'm sure DxDP is available, but you have to pay the difference in price.

I, too, received the free dining email for the summer, and it was Quick Service for Value & Moderate resorts, and Regular DDP for Deluxe.

We recently recieved an email promotion for free dining from June 1st to August 14th. Any ideas if this will be extended?

I have the summer dining PIN email. I know it's not a good deal, but I may book it and change if the later summer/fall free dining comes out... That way I have the deal just in case it doesn't. If we wait, we can get a nicer room ;)

Where I saw this posted was not like the DIS. It was an annonomous, and I have no way to see if the poster was credible. I'm merely repeated the details that he or she listed. They did point out you could get the DxDP staying in the WL or AKL. I don't suscribe to the mouseforless so I don't how true this could be or not be based on that site/company being the original source for the information.

Oh, I totally understand that you were just repeating what you had read. It will be interesting to see if there is a general offer and what it entails because it seems as if Disney is scaling back on the offer since the FD PINs at the moment are offering the QSDP at the mods instead of the DDP like usual.

Disney had offered free dining for select dates through September 29, 2011 last year, but those trips had to be booked by December 20, 2010. There has been no further formal announcements about free dining beyond that period.

I would guess that Disney is going to wait and see how bookings look for the rest of the year before deciding if they are going to extend the offer.

There is another thread on the board talking about free dining later this year.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2670031

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knows when the free dining offer is expected to be released for 2011? Thanks for your help!
Debbie

I think the 2011 Free Dining Plans were already released months ago and the "book by" date expired. Those packages were thru OCT (?).

Last year WDW released free dining deals several times thru-out the year. May or maynot be any more released this year but don't give up hope. Also sign up for the various Disney websites, plan trips on the disney site, order DVD, order the customized maps so you might get your name on the pin code list. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter