2010 Free Dining Discussion-Free Dining released for everyone (see 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I was at WDW during this years Free Dining I was able to book the bounceback offer of Free Dining for next year.

Serene56 - Your dates should be fine. As long as you check in before the last day of free dining you get it for the entire stay (up to 14 nights).

Hello all! I hope this isn't an annoying question... but what is the bounceback offer?

Thanks in advance,
Krista

When you are staying at WDW they sometimes have offers to entice you to book a future trip. It could be for free dining or sometimes room discounts. You have to book the trip before you check out and pay a $200.00 deposit. :goodvibes

subbing, we are booked 9/11-18 at BC, hoping for free dining and will upgrade to Deluxe dining.

Is Free Dining ever offered at the end of November or early December?

Are ANY discounts normally offered during that time?

In 2009 they extended free dining for the rest of the year, but I believe it wasn't the ddp, it was the quick service and you could upgrade to the ddp. They didn't release this info in late march when they released regular free dining though, I think it was July when they release the free dining extension.

Another question - if I book my vacation WITH the DDP and then at a later date, the FREE dining plan is offered, can I call back and get an adjustment on my balance due taking the FREE dining plan into account?

Also, when you book your vacation online, does it take into consideration taxes? Or do I need to add taxes on top of the quoted price?

Another question - if I book my vacation WITH the DDP and then at a later date, the FREE dining plan is offered, can I call back and get an adjustment on my balance due taking the FREE dining plan into account?

When we did our booking the agent did not use any dining added. She told us to wait and see what happens. If free dining is for our time she will add the code for us and get it added at that time

When I booked through Disney, they really wanted me to put that ddp on there and told me that I could just call up and add free dining when it was announced. I think it's kind of silly to have it on there, but I wasn't going to argue with her! Then I have to figure out how much to pay and how much to leave on my balance until (and if) free dining is released. :confused3

In 2009 they extended free dining for the rest of the year, but I believe it wasn't the ddp, it was the quick service and you could upgrade to the ddp. They didn't release this info in late march when they released regular free dining though, I think it was July when they release the free dining extension.

Close - it was not an extension of the previous summer offer, but a new offer good for booking starting the end of September through December 17. The difference between the fall and the summer FD offers was that if you booked a value resort in the fall, you got the quick service dining plan free, not the basic. Value resort guests who wanted the basic plan had to pay to upgrade the plan. Guests booking moderate or deluxe resorts got the basic dining plan free.

2009 is the first year there was ever a general public free dining offer for October-December.

You can only ADD free dining to your existing reservation if you have booked a room plus tickets package. If you book a room only reservation and you want to change it later to get free dining, that reservation will have to be cancelled and rebooked as a package.

It also appears that Disney booking agents are being told to push the dining plan as much as possible. It's not absolutely necessary to add the dining plan to your package unless you know you are going to want the plan whether it's free or not.

Leeane, I received a discount PIN code in my email from Disney Destinations for 2010. It is a 20% off values, 30% off moderates, & 40% off deluxe resorts. Many people have gotten it, the best way to get it is to do to Disney's site, register a username/email and price(and save) a few trips. If you price them and then just log off, there is a good chance that in a few weeks or so you might get a pin as well. :)

And you can use this in addition to the dining plan?

You can use it in addition to the dining plan, but NOT FREE dining. I just used it just in case free dining doesn't come out. If it does come out, I will use free dining. You can only use one discount at a time.

I have a question in regards to upgrading the Free dining plan to the Deluxe. Is it possible and does anyone know for how much more per adult and child?

It's possible to upgrade the Free Dining DDP to the DxDP, you just pay the difference between the two for each person on the reservation. I don't have the prices for the DxDP so I can't figure out the price difference for you.

In 2010, the cost difference between the basic and deluxe dining plans is $30 per adult and $9 per child, per night. (This is NOT based on peak pricing for the basic dining plan as free dining is unlikely to be offered during peak pricing periods)

It is not always true that the value resort deal was quick service plan only.
We just returned yesterday from trip dec1-7 ,I booked in aug. with free ts dining plan , we stayed at pop. I thought it was great deal under 1000 for 6nights with free ts dining! We had great time. Though would prob prefer mod resort next year as rooms are small, I think pop is showing age a bit, we went in 2005 and liked better, though our kids are older now so felt cramped now. Dining great deal- Wow! Hope for it for next Nov!!!

I've read the entire thread and now I'm totally confused. :confused3 I'm planning a trip to WDW beginning the weekend after Thanksgiving 2010 for a week. I'm probably going to rent points from a DVC owner. I know that renting points doesn't give me the perks of DVC ownership, so I'm wondering how it all shakes out with the dining plans. Also, I'm considering getting my park tickets through AAA and I know that will have an impact as well.

Thanks in advance for helping my poor brain figure this out!

If you want a dining plan on a DVC rental, you must have the DVC member you are renting from call Member Services and add the dining plan you have chosen to the reservation. This must be done no later than 48 hours before your arrival date. You will pay for the plan in full when you check in. Your entire party (on the same room reservation) must be on the same dining plan for the full length of the reservation.

There is no park ticket purchase requirement to add a dining plan to a DVC reservation so you may buy tickets from anywhere you wish.

You've been reading the rules for package reservations through WDTC, which are completely different from the DVC rules.

It is not always true that the value resort deal was quick service plan only.
We just returned yesterday from trip dec1-7 ,I booked in aug. with free ts dining plan ,

You likely had an individual PIN code. Those who booked through the general public offer would have gotten the QSDP at Pop in December. Only those receiving PIN code offers would have been eligible for free basic dining at a value at that time.

So with all the rumors about Disney cutting back on discounts in late 2010, do you think free dining in Sept. will still be offered? We are a big family and the only way we can enjoy the Disney restaurants is through the free dining so I for one am hoping for it! What are your thoughts?:confused3

Free dining in last half of August/September 2010 looks likely as there has already been a bounceback and UK offer. I wouldn't hold out hope for another general public free dining offer for Oct-Dec 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter