2010 Free Dining Discussion-Free Dining released for everyone (see 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I correct in thinking you must purchase 2 day base tickets PER PERSON staying in each room? (Wishing you say just 2 base tickets in general) Seems like it's per person though when we did it last time a few years ago and it was just 1 ticket per person.

We are using 40% military room rate and $99 4 day military ticket deal, so paying for base price hotel, 2 regular price tickets and then "free" dining would make our bill higher than if we just pay for dining.

Not complaining b/c we have discounts already, just covering the bases to be sure.

actually i'm fairly sure that in order to qualify for FD you need to have a package that includes at least 5 nights/6 days at a hotel and at least 3 day base tickets for each person in the room.
(i'm not 100% just cuz i am beyond the minimum requirements since i'm staying 8 nights/9 days and have a 5 day base ticket).

i would stick with the military discount. you honestly can't beat the military and florida residents discounts. :hippie:

actually i'm fairly sure that in order to qualify for FD you need to have a package that includes at least 5 nights/6 days at a hotel and at least 3 day base tickets for each person in the room.
(i'm not 100% just cuz i am beyond the minimum requirements since i'm staying 8 nights/9 days and have a 5 day base ticket).
Nope, minimum requirement is 3 nights and a 2 day base ticket. (Previous years it was just a 1 day base ticket required.)

was i the only poor unfortunate soul that sat on hold for 50 MINUTES this morning just to ask a question about the dining plan not to even make a dining reservation?!
i keep hearing how people waited 5, 10, 15 minutes but not 50.
whats up with that?

Say that there are 100 CMs working at the call center and 1000 people called at 7:00 to get free dining (and yes, I know these numbers are way low ;)). 100 of those callers would've gotten through immediately, while the other 900 would've been put in the queue. You were just unlucky and were lower in the queue than other people.

Nope, minimum requirement is 3 nights and a 2 day base ticket. (Previous years it was just a 1 day base ticket required.)

ok. i found several websites that say min of 3 nights in a disney world hotel and min of 2 day base tickets.
sorry i must have had a bad CM on the phone the other day cuz i specifically asked what the requirements were and he said 5 nights and 3 day base tickets.
we can't trust anyone anymore!

was i the only poor unfortunate soul that sat on hold for 50 MINUTES this morning just to ask a question about the dining plan not to even make a dining reservation?!
i keep hearing how people waited 5, 10, 15 minutes but not 50.
whats up with that?

My friend in FL was on hold for 55 minutes this morning. (I booked online and worked through it real quick. So glad I checked, saved me a lot of stress!)

If you haven't gotten your Reservation Confirmation e-mail, check your spam folder! That's where mine was this morning!

I waited on hold for 47 mins this morning (had to modify an existing res.- had to add my new baby). Anyway- got CBR for 11 nights! Can't wait! :cool1:

Still haven't received my conf. e-mail. Checked spam and not there, either.

I wonder why it says this on the WDW website then?

Buy a 5-night/6-day Magic Your Way package that includes a room at a select Disney Resort hotel and theme park tickets and get a FREE dining plan for stays most nights August 15 through October 2, 2010. The choice is yours

This may be a question for the moderators -

Is there any reason why I would want to "link up" the dining ressies I made a month ago with my updated FD plan/hotel ressie? I was thinking it might not matter because when I go to the restaurant, I give them my confirmation number, sit down, eat, and then give them my key to the world to pay for it. Do I need to call a CM and attach the two or doesn't it matter? Thanks.

I ask because I tried to do it this morning and he said he would have to get me new dining reservations, if available, around the same time that I already have them.

Buy a 5-night/6-day Magic Your Way package that includes a room at a select Disney Resort hotel and theme park tickets and get a FREE dining plan for stays most nights August 15 through October 2, 2010. The choice is yours

More money I assume. I was in the same boat, worried that I wasn't qualified because my vacation will be 4 night/ 5 day but they applied the free dining all the same. That's when I realized that while it says you get free dining for the 5night/6day it doesn't actually say you NEED 5 nights/6 days.

I assume they're banking on the people who assume that's the only way to get the deal and book extra days for it.

That's just an example they give. The Disney Visa offer clarifies somewhat:

Minimum three-night stay required.

I don't see that they have the full rules posted anywhere publicly, but the first post in this thread has a good summary of what has been deduced so far.

This may be a question for the moderators -

Is there any reason why I would want to "link up" the dining ressies I made a month ago with my updated FD plan/hotel ressie? I was thinking it might not matter because when I go to the restaurant, I give them my confirmation number, sit down, eat, and then give them my key to the world to pay for it. Do I need to call a CM and attach the two or doesn't it matter? Thanks.

I ask because I tried to do it this morning and he said he would have to get me new dining reservations, if available, around the same time that I already have them.

The only thing I can come up with is so you don't have to pay out of pocket when you book some dinner shows or CRT as they require payment if you're not on the DDP.

That's just an example they give. The Disney Visa offer clarifies somewhat:

Minimum three-night stay required.

I don't see that they have the full rules posted anywhere publicly, but the first post in this thread has a good summary of what has been deduced so far.

Aw, thanks :lovestruc

(Just happy that someone noticed that I'm doing my best to keep it up) ;) :)

Aw, thanks :lovestruc

(Just happy that someone noticed that I'm doing my best to keep it up) ;) :)

It's kind of hard not to notice, Tricia - it is a very valuable source of info to many of us. I actually felt a bit bad reading your post (quoted above) - it made me realize that I don't think I have ever said thank you! :flower3:

So here is a very well deserved :thanks: Your hard work is very much appreciated! :hug:

I made reservations at pop century thru the Disney Visa promotion. I just called and changed it so I can use any form of payment. I didn't have to rebook, they just made the change in their system.

At 5:45 the wait time was only about 3 minutes. This morning at 7:00 am the phone system said wait time was 30 minutes. I didn't wait.

In the past have they everextending the fd offern to nov or dec??? Were are going in July in the saving is better for us with the visa kids deal but it would be nice to go later in the year as well also do they offer bb for the visa deal?

Called this morning at 0700 was on hold for 48 minutes. CM was excellent she played out the FD and the kids stay and play on both of my reservations. (split the orig res up into 2 in order to optimize my discount for the little one's) saved $650 on one resafter kids stay and play and $550 on the other after FD and upgrade to Regular dining @ a value resort. The CM told me at 0758 that there were currently 141 calls in line behind me. So the savings was well worth the wait.
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Called this morning at 0700 was on hold for 48 minutes. CM was excellent she played out the FD and the kids stay and play on both of my reservations. (split the orig res up into 2 in order to optimize my discount for the little one's) saved $650 on one resafter kids stay and play and $550 on the other after FD and upgrade to Regular dining @ a value resort. The CM told me at 0758 that there were currently 141 calls in line behind me. So the savings was well worth the wait.
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

That's a pretty good saving you got there! Well done! I would also be happy to wait an hour for that! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter