2008 Free Dining Plan

Disney would/will credit your entire deposit; however, it appears your Travel Agent is keeping that cancellation fee - it's probably indicated in your contract with them.

Unequivocally, if Free Dining is offered to the general public in 2008, it will NOT extend to the end of October/beginning of November.

The LATEST one could ever start the Free Dining Package was in 2005, when you could arrive as late as October 4 and get the promotion for up to ten nights.
In 2006, the last check-in day was September 30; in 2007, it was September 29 for Guests who'd been able to book it in 2006 (UK visitors, and November/December bounceback guests), and September 22 for the general public.
In 2008, the Guests who've already been able to book have to check in by September 27; there is no way the date for the general public would be later than this.

Disney would/will credit your entire deposit; however, it appears your Travel Agent is keeping that cancellation fee - it's probably indicated in your contract with them.

Unequivocally, if Free Dining is offered to the general public in 2008, it will NOT extend to the end of October/beginning of November.

The LATEST one could ever start the Free Dining Package was in 2005, when you could arrive as late as October 4 and get the promotion for up to ten nights.
In 2006, the last check-in day was September 30; in 2007, it was September 29 for Guests who'd been able to book it in 2006 (UK visitors, and November/December bounceback guests), and September 22 for the general public.
In 2008, the Guests who've already been able to book have to check in by September 27; there is no way the date for the general public would be later than this.

Thanks for this. That's great.

Didnt book through a travel agent booked through Disney directly so might have to get back on to them about that then because they claimed there was a £50 fee

Thanks for this. That's great.

Didnt book through a travel agent booked through Disney directly so might have to get back on to them about that then because they claimed there was a £50 fee

Actually - the trip insurance. If you do not cancel the trip within 14 days of making the reservations...the trip insurance is nonrefundable.

I guess I'm the lone voice of dissent. Everytime we run the numbers, the "free" dining is just not worth it. We were there for 10 days in September. We went to 4-5 character meals, HDDR, and other nice meals. Every way we ran the numbers, the room discount was a better deal.

It would definately depend on where you stay. We booked AS Music, but were upgraded free to SSR!

Still, paying $82.00 a night for our stay and getting the free DDP daily for 3 adult aged meals was much better than a discount on the room.

Even if we would have lucked out and received a 40% discount, it would have paid for about the equivalant of one DDP (and we received three).

If someone was staying Deluxe, and it was only a couple of adult DDP's, then the numbers/worth would definately needed to be calculated.

For us, it was an awesome deal! :goodvibes

I wanted to share some info I just rec'd from my TA...

Back in January, my family had booked a trip to WDW from 9/26/08 - 10/3/08 and was hoping to be able to add the Free Dining if and when it was offered. The TA said she thought our vacation dates might be too late to be able to take advantage of the offer. I mentioned that in past years as long as your vacation package started during Free Dining, you would get it for the entire stay...she said that Disney changed their rules this year and your entire stay has to fall during the Free Dining dates. Not sure what info she has in advance given Disney hasn't offered Free Dining yet, but I'm a little afraid (disappointed) that she may know something we don't. Well, at least I didn't know that! Has anyone heard about this?? :confused3

Your TA is right. This year, starting this past Dec. with reservations that added a discount, Disney is not allowing any promotions to run past the offered dates. I don't know if your TA knows somthing we don't yet, but we do know the dates offered to bounceback free dining( 8/26-9/22), uk residents (8/12-9/22) and history of past free dining offers. So far none of these offers have extended into Oct.The exception being those that booked bounceback last Sept. they were offered the extension past the offer dates. Disney has gone to the day to day pricing and sticking strick to the booking dates. Same goes for checking in on a certain season you will also have to pay a higher rate for your 10/3 date that date is no longer in value season. Something else to consider.
All that being said, you will need to change your dates in order to fully take advantage of the free dining offer if it is offered to the public this year and most people believe it will.

Your TA is right. This year, starting this past Dec. with reservations that added a discount, Disney is not allowing any promotions to run past the offered dates. I don't know if your TA knows somthing we don't yet, but we do know the dates offered to bounceback free dining( 8/26-9/22), uk residents (8/12-9/22) and history of past free dining offers. So far none of these offers have extended into Oct.The exception being those that booked bounceback last Sept. they were offered the extension past the offer dates. Disney has gone to the day to day pricing and sticking strick to the booking dates. Same goes for checking in on a certain season you will also have to pay a higher rate for your 10/3 date that date is no longer in value season. Something else to consider.
All that being said, you will need to change your dates in order to fully take advantage of the free dining offer if it is offered to the public this year and most people believe it will.
( 8/26-9/22),

Sorry, that's wrong. We were there when they offered free dining and it ran through September 27th. We were also able to book the 27th to October 11th and get the full free dining offer. We later canceled, but that's beside the point. You must have been mis-informed.

Also, I know I've seen it posted that it could only extend up to 10 nights, but that's also gotta be wrong. Last year we went the very last day of free dining and stayed 15 nights after that with the full free dining offer.

8/30/08-9/27/08 "Bounceback" package discount ("free dining") only for guests staying at WDW Resorts and willing to prebook their next vacation for selected dates in 2008 8/31/07, exp 9/28/07, extended through 10/12/07

I am sorry that I got the dates wrong. My point is, is that you can not, as of now, book past the offers out now or ones that may come. Yes, if you booked bounceback last year you were able to book past the dates offered. Please, her point was this year and waiting on offers to come and those can not be extended. I in no way said that you did not book past, but that she will not be able to book past the dates.This is not new news and has been discussed here for some time now.

Even some Guests who booked the 2008 Future Stay* Free Dining promotion during last year's free dining, were told they could not extend the package beyond 9/27.

*The "official" name of the BounceBack promo :)

8/30/08-9/27/08 "Bounceback" package discount ("free dining") only for guests staying at WDW Resorts and willing to prebook their next vacation for selected dates in 2008 8/31/07, exp 9/28/07, extended through 10/12/07

I am sorry that I got the dates wrong. My point is, is that you can not, as of now, book past the offers out now or ones that may come. Yes, if you booked bounceback last year you were able to book past the dates offered. Please, her point was this year and waiting on offers to come and those can not be extended. I in no way said that you did not book past, but that she will not be able to book past the dates.This is not new news and has been discussed here for some time now.
Excuse me, I must have read your post concerning bouneback wrong. :) I understand that.

Even some Guests who booked the 2008 Future Stay* Free Dining promotion during last year's free dining, were told they could not extend the package beyond 9/27.

*The "official" name of the BounceBack promo :)

We were one of those people!

We tried to book the last week of September and first few days of October when bouncing back... to no avail. We tried three different times.

There were some that Disboard members that were able to take it into October, just not us! :confused3

However, it would have been September that we booked. The other poster is saying that as of December this is no longer allowed. If it is indeed a new policy, it makes sense, ecspecially for promos like the free dining.

The wine fest comes shortly after free dining ends, I can see them trying to book this event without extending free dining. Going there for a day or two was exactly what we were planning, until we were refused the extension!

This Spring will be really interesting... to see if free dining is offered, if there are limits as to where you can book it (like the UK can only do Moderates and up in 2008), and to see if they will allow bookings extending past the ending date as the norm.

Actually - the trip insurance. If you do not cancel the trip within 14 days of making the reservations...the trip insurance is nonrefundable.

It wasn't insurance though it was a deposit for the room. I finally got it refunded but was informed that the policy (which I read twice before I booked) stated that if you cancelled more than 45 days before you would not recieve your deposit back but if you cancelled after 45 days before but before 30 days before you would get your deposit refunded. Don't quite understand that logic but got it sorted.

The free dining was definately available as long as your first night was in the period and the vaction could only ranged for up to 14 days after this date when it was offered to UK residents earlier in the year.

Actually...funny story...April is next month. So yea, not too much more time to wait.

I'm waiting with you ! I never wished a month would go by so fast! But then are we going to be upset if they don't offer it? I won't now because at least I got a 30% off code today in my email and had it applied! But I'm still highly rooting for FDP!!!!:thumbsup2

We were one of those people!

We tried to book the last week of September and first few days of October when bouncing back... to no avail. We tried three different times.

There were some that Disboard members that were able to take it into October, just not us! :confused3

However, it would have been September that we booked. The other poster is saying that as of December this is no longer allowed. If it is indeed a new policy, it makes sense, ecspecially for promos like the free dining.

The wine fest comes shortly after free dining ends, I can see them trying to book this event without extending free dining. Going there for a day or two was exactly what we were planning, until we were refused the extension!

This Spring will be really interesting... to see if free dining is offered, if there are limits as to where you can book it (like the UK can only do Moderates and up in 2008), and to see if they will allow bookings extending past the ending date as the norm.

Very interesting. Some are allowed to extend, and some are not. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter