2008 DDP discussion, questions, rants and vents

my only gripe is it gets harder and harder to get decent ADR/times. They either sell out of ADRs or you have to eat at 9pm at night.

but what can they do, build bigger restaraunts? :confused3

bleh.

I have doing the free dining for the past 4 years! I noticed that with every year the dates are getting tighter, the following 2 years there were only certain rooms alotted to the plan and now this year they hit us with the no gratuity and no apps. At the risk of sounding ungratful, my only beef is I took advantage of this during my last visit! The BOUNCE back offer that was giving to me before I checked out last year! So, although its a great deal either way I feel like I booked something under false pretense. I was literally on line to check out, got off line used the hotel phone to call ressie line and make my ressie under pressure used my last 200 for a deposit on that day to get what I thought was the dining plan I am used to! Anywayone else in the same boat? Is it worth it for me to call and gripe about this?:confused3

any thoughts?

It is my believe that the action on your complaint will relate back to five words: "Subject to change without notice."

I'd guess those five words appear somewhere in the paperwork.

I know I have read the answer to this question but can't find it....:confused3
Our group of 7 is going to WDW in a few weeks. :yay: 6 of us have APs and 1 has MYW plus. Are the types of tickets/passes relevant to the DDP?:confused:

Are you all on the same reservation? If you're making an AP package reservation (room plus dining, no tickets) they're not relevant. According to Disney you need one adult AP to check in.

If you have a regular room/tickets/dining package reservation, everyone on the reservation has to buy tickets, and they all must buy the same type of ticket.

Wow I got headache reading all these post.

People planning and spreadsheets, etc. Calculating if the DP cost $50 more than OOP will or won't it be worth it.

OUCH :eek:

Haven't been to Disney in 20 years and Family has DP and Club Level. Will incorporate both into meals, snacks, etc. Use what we use and lose what we don't but I have no plans on plotting out my every move around DP and Resturants to make it worth while.

Should we get into some of the places we want then all the better but if not. Well there is a hot dog and a coke with my name on it someplace in the park or resort.

Its my vacation :woohoo:

It is my believe that the action on your complaint will relate back to five words: "Subject to change without notice." I'd guess those five words appear somewhere in the paperwork.
It wasn't even that. The 2008 Dining Plan didn't change. It never included what the previous poster assumed it included. And therein lies the advisory: Never assume anything, read everything you're provided, and get everything you feel is important in writing.

wiskband said:
So, although its a great deal either way I feel like I booked something under false pretense. I was literally on line to check out, got off line used the hotel phone to call ressie line and make my ressie under pressure used my last 200 for a deposit on that day to get what I thought was the dining plan I am used to! Anywayone else in the same boat?
No, because the 2008 changes were announced in early August 2007 - so I (and many/most others?) were aware of the "no appetizer" and "diner pays tip" policies for 2008. Disney had, at that same time (early August, i.e before any BounceBack-eligible Guests arrived), added the Deluxe Dining Plan and the Wine Plan - so it would be reasonable for any potential 2008 Guest to at least question why there are multiple versions of the DDP.

I think its annoying that everything gets so booked so quickly.. a few of our ADRs are for 8 and 9pm at nite.. I understand most people booked 180 days in advance, but I didnt book my trip until april for a september. We might have to flip some of our days around and certain parks, but Im afraid when I call I wont be able to get the times/places I want for dinner.

=/ The dining plan is a great deal but has become so popular that it makes it hard to get into certain places. I might wait until we get a little closer and try rebooking for earlier times.. just in case some people cancel.

keep trying.. i just changed my trip from oct to sept. i wasnt able to get the ressies i wanted, but i kept calling and calling and finally today i was able to get the last ressies that i really wanted!! now hopefully i can get our hotel changed from asmu to pop century like i origanlly wanted!

No, because the 2008 changes were announced in early August 2007 - so I (and many/most others?) were aware of the "no appetizer" and "diner pays tip" policies for 2008. Disney had, at that same time (early August, i.e before any BounceBack-eligible Guests arrived), added the Deluxe Dining Plan and the Wine Plan - so it would be reasonable for any potential 2008 Guest to at least question why there are multiple versions of the DDP.

Your probably right, to be quite honest, I definitely never looked into it that deep nor, do I plan to. When you say changes were announced, I couldn't begin to wonder where it was announced or to whom. As, I mentioned it still a great deal, it being free, I have no problem with the changes just thought I would be getting what I had last year. I was bummed about no app. and as far as diner pays tip, Disney most definitely hurt their servers. I am a server and I always left another tip on top of what was already included. Of course, I still will but many won't.

I think it may have just been lucky, I have had no problems booking. The only problem I have run into was times..... I like to eat around 5 but have had to settle for 7. Also, they have wanted to split us up into 2 groups! Can't do that cause we're four kids two adults, my hubby would then have to take the 2 little ones!:rotfl2: ...............On second thought...

renee

I think this is correct - I remember that people were posting last September about upgrading to the deluxe plan on bounceback, so the deluxe plan existed at this point.

Does anyone know that if you add days to your tickets, does this increase your meals on the dining plan? For instance, if you book a 5 night vacation but buy tickets for 7 days will you end up with meals for 5 days or 7 days? This could be a way to add more meals for nominal costs since adding days to your tickets is very reasonable. Would help for those meals that take 2 table service credits.

When you say changes were announced, I couldn't begin to wonder where it was announced or to whom.
The Dining Plan was announced to the public, exactly where the Dining Plan was originally announced, and announced each year in turn. Typically, on their web site, in promotional materials, etc. Basically, everywhere that matters.

I think this is correct - I remember that people were posting last September about upgrading to the deluxe plan on bounceback, so the deluxe plan existed at this point.
I specifically did a search on the forum yesterday and found the "They finally released the info..." messages (including the "Oh my gosh, they removed the appetizers!" messages). Early August.

Does anyone know that if you add days to your tickets, does this increase your meals on the dining plan? For instance, if you book a 5 night vacation but buy tickets for 7 days will you end up with meals for 5 days or 7 days? This could be a way to add more meals for nominal costs since adding days to your tickets is very reasonable. Would help for those meals that take 2 table service credits.

Your dining plan allotment is based on the number of nights you stay at your resort, not on your tickets. You can't increase your dining credits by increasing your tickets. You'd have to add on nights in the resort.

Does anyone know that if you add days to your tickets, does this increase your meals on the dining plan?
The Dining Plan is directly related to the number of nights of your hotel reservation. It is not related to how many days you have admission for.

TDC Nala: Jinkies!

So are you saying that I could havebounced back on the deluxe? If so why wasn't I given a choice and would it have cost me any money being that the BASIC was free?

So are you saying that I could havebounced back on the deluxe? If so why wasn't I given a choice and would it have cost me any money being that the BASIC was free?

You could upgrade by paying the difference between the two plans. Only the basic is free.

I believe you could still upgrade if you call and ask. You would pay about $32 per night for adults and $10 per night for kids 3-9.

and the difference between the two? the app. and tip included? probably not worth it then.
renee

and the difference between the two? the app. and tip included? probably not worth it then.
renee

The difference is mainly that you get 3 ts credits per day that can be used for counter services or table services. Appetizers are included but the tip is still not included.

The difference is mainly that you get 3 ts credits per day that can be used for counter services or table services. Appetizers are included but the tip is still not included.

3 table sevice credits? each day? thats a lot! probably too much huh? aside from an ordinary breakfast, that would mean you have lunch with an app, entree, dessert and then a dinner with an app, entree and dessert? can anyone eat that much? lol

3 table sevice credits? each day? thats a lot! probably too much huh? aside from an ordinary breakfast, that would mean you have lunch with an app, entree, dessert and then a dinner with an app, entree and dessert? can anyone eat that much? lol

I'm not sure that I could eat that much, but it would give me the option to do more 2credit meals like CRT, etc.

Of course you would only get an app, entree and dessert at table service restaurants. So you could use 1TS credit for a counter service meal of entree, drink and dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter