2008 DDP choice for DVC members

What will the majority of DVC members do in 2008

• Continue using the Disney Dining Plan (either version)

• Will no longer use the DDP but switch to the DDE

• Will no longer use the DDP and begin paying out of pocket

• Never used the DDP and never will

Results are only viewable after voting.
Where can we see the changes to the DDP? I am so sad:sad1: We love the DDP and dont want it to change one bit!!:sad2:

Rumored changes to standard DDP:

No appetizer, no included gratuity, price drops $1 to $37.99 per adult per night. Still 1 TS, 1 CS and 1 snack per night.

New deluxe plan (unkown if available to DVC) 3 TS meals, including appetizer 2 snacks, refillable mug for each guest included, but no gratuity, $69.99 per adult per night.

Rumored changes to standard DDP:

No appetizer, no included gratuity, price drops $1 to $37.99 per adult per night. Still 1 TS, 1 CS and 1 snack per night.

New deluxe plan (unkown if available to DVC) 3 TS meals, including appetizer 2 snacks, refillable mug for each guest included, but no gratuity, $69.99 per adult per night.

This is all just a rumor???

This is all just a rumor???

At the moment, yes. Disney had not (to my knowledge) made an official announcement. However, the standard DDP changes are listed on Virgin Airlines UK site, and Virgin sent out letters to pre-booked travelers.

Other Disney fansites, that are mostly reliable, are reporting the changes as well. Still classified as rumor, but the sites have been pretty accurate in the past.

I'm disappointed with the rumored changes. Probably won't purchase the DDP anymore if these changes do go through. I like the DDP in its current form. There is plenty to eat, and yet you aren't tied to ADR's all day long.

I won't buy the premium plan, even if it was made available to DVC. First, it just sounds like wayyyy too much food for our family. Second, I just think it would intrude too much on the day since the whole day would be planned around ADR's.

I'm wondering how this might affect people who book during Free Dining. It isn't really free for them if they have to pick up the gratuity. Or, is this in fact a signal that Free Dining might be coming to an end?

The DDP was just barely worth it for our last trip, just way too much food. We wound up with extra counter service meals at the end! There's no way this new plan would pay off for my family. We're considering switching to the DDE for our 2009 trip. Luckily, we're skipping 2008 for travel to WDW, so that will give them time to work out the kinks!!!

I could barely get my DH to do the DDP the way it is now, when it changes, forget it! I have really enjoyed being able to try out different app, entrees and desserts (even if only a couple bites) and I will really miss the DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter