2008 Confirmed Snacks included in the Dining Plan-2009 Coming Soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Disney release a list or something? How do you know while you're down there? I'm new to the DDP so bear with me!

Nope! If you want to pre-plan, then you have to rely on other guests and their experiences. But, it can still change from day-to-day.

Many of the menu boards have DDP snack credit stickers on them though.

Does Disney release a list or something? How do you know while you're down there? I'm new to the DDP so bear with me!

You'll get a "list" from Disney that gives you a very brief list of items you can get on the DDP, but it's nowhere near as exhaustive as what we've all been posting on the boards. You'll want to bring along an updated list of snacks from this forum before your trip. Have fun!

OH NO!!! That stinks! I really wanted to do that on our trip, I love choc-covered pretzels. I guess I"ll be going with the marshmallows. Just had some with fondue this past weekend and it was delicious, so I guess that will have to do.

That is kind of ridiculous. I'll have to look at a pretzel rod bag when I'm at the store. I'd guess a single serving is more than just 1!

That's what I tried arguing too. Who only eats 1 pretzel rod at a serving??? Crazy, but nope, wouldn't allow it. One pretzel seemed like a waste to me, so I didn't even get it. Yup, they threw it out instead of just allowing it. :confused3

So I'm assuming the rice krispie treats, marshmallows, oreo cookie etc. are still ok as a snack credit?

Yes, everything else was a go. You can also get ONE chocolate covered strawberry as a snack credit too, also a waste if you ask me.

thank you , this is a huge help! We are also looking for the best deals on counter service meals....as We will be going in Feburary under the new Dining plan (Two counter service meals, two snacks)

So, I did buy some pretzel rods for our little weekend getaway we just got back from (Frankenmuth, MI) and checked out the bag. And a serving is, take a guess!, 3 rods!!!! LOL!

thank you , this is a huge help! We are also looking for the best deals on counter service meals....as We will be going in Feburary under the new Dining plan (Two counter service meals, two snacks)

In Cosmic Rays in MK they have a combo 1/2 chicken, 1/2 rack of ribs, mashed potatoes and a fresh veg for the mail course and then you get the dessert and drink. We shared this dinner a few times and actually had leftovers! The Land in EPCOT has Sunshine Seasons with many choices and a great dessert/icecream section.

So, I did buy some pretzel rods for our little weekend getaway we just got back from (Frankenmuth, MI) and checked out the bag. And a serving is, take a guess!, 3 rods!!!! LOL!

Was this at Goofy's Candy Co? I sure hope so, I have been planning to go try this and have my DS so excited. He will not eat rice krispie treats or marshmellows so I thought the pretzel rods would be great for him. We leave in 23 days and I was so sad when I saw you could no longer get 3 for a snack credit.

Was this at Goofy's Candy Co? I sure hope so, I have been planning to go try this and have my DS so excited. He will not eat rice krispie treats or marshmellows so I thought the pretzel rods would be great for him. We leave in 23 days and I was so sad when I saw you could no longer get 3 for a snack credit.

Will he eat a gingerbread cookie? Or a large Oreo cookie? They're very sweet, but, generally good.

Nope! If you want to pre-plan, then you have to rely on other guests and their experiences. But, it can still change from day-to-day.

Many of the menu boards have DDP snack credit stickers on them though.

You'll get a "list" from Disney that gives you a very brief list of items you can get on the DDP, but it's nowhere near as exhaustive as what we've all been posting on the boards. You'll want to bring along an updated list of snacks from this forum before your trip. Have fun!
Thanks! I'll just keep checking on here before I go and print out a list! :thumbsup2

No! Sorry, I didn't mean to be confusing!! I just bought a bag of regular pretzel rods from a store here at home and it says 3 is a serving. I was just pointing out how odd it is for Disney to be saying they can't do 3 b/c that's not a serving!

Question for anyone:

I know the tie-dyed cheesecake @ Pop Century can be purchased with a snack credit, but can it be purchased as the "dessert" if using a TS/CS credit at Everything Pop! ? I don't see why not, i.e. getting a burger or pizza with the cheesecake as the dessert.

Has anyone done this?

We just got back and unfortunately I can confirm that it only 1 pretzel rod is considered a snack now at Goofy's. The main candy maker (I remember her from years past) told us this is the new policy. The other workers didn't seem to know about it though so maybe that is how the other poster got 3. The one woman who knew about the change was not there the second time we went. We ordered the marshmallows instead, and I must say, they were really good and took several days to eat! Everything else (rice krispie, apple, giant oreo, apples) are still considered snacks. Seems ridiculous since several are more expensive than 3 pretzels but I assume it is the singe serving policy that cause the change.

We just got back and unfortunately I can confirm that it only 1 pretzel rod is considered a snack now at Goofy's. The main candy maker (I remember her from years past) told us this is the new policy. The other workers didn't seem to know about it though so maybe that is how the other poster got 3. The one woman who knew about the change was not there the second time we went. We ordered the marshmallows instead, and I must say, they were really good and took several days to eat! Everything else (rice krispie, apple, giant oreo, apples) are still considered snacks. Seems ridiculous since several are more expensive than 3 pretzels but I assume it is the singe serving policy that cause the change.

Ah, what a bummer! I was really looking forward to making different pretzel rods at Goofy's :sad2: When did they change it? Maybe that one worker won't be there when I go in 10 days! :rolleyes1 Or perhaps I'll just get something else instead...

can anyone tell me if the French Toast Loaf is a snack credit at the Main Street Bakery? I love it. I remember splitting a CS there last year with BF we got a breakfast sandwich and I got the Loaf as a side. Thank you for any information.

can anyone tell me if the French Toast Loaf is a snack credit at the Main Street Bakery? I love it. I remember splitting a CS there last year with BF we got a breakfast sandwich and I got the Loaf as a side. Thank you for any information.

It was NOT allowed as a snack September 2008. I was bummed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter