2008 Confirmed Snacks included in the Dining Plan-2009 Coming Soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this was posted but fudge was NOT included as a snack credit at the sweets store in MGM or downtown. In fact, I could see where the snack credit logo used to be and it was markered out. Just FYI (Fudge still looked to be under $4 tho)

Just a few to add so far, reporting live from the Wilderness Lodge md-trip. :)

Chocolate covered strawberries and the big frosted character cokies at Main Street Confectionary are still snacks.

Divvies cookies & gluten free brownies are snacks at Roaring Forks. Haven't seen them anywhere else, but I know someone was asking if they were covered.

At Writers Stop at DHS, right now the coffee drinks are still snacks but baked goods are not. According to the cast member working the counter, this is temporary, and once their sign is updated only bottled drinks (20 oz sodas and water) will be snacks.

Baked goods at Sunshine Seasons are snacks, and their key lime tart is just as good as all the rave reviews promise!

And yes, Dole Whips are still snacks and I've finally tried one. Yummy, but too acidic for my pregnant stomach to take right now. The kids loved it, though.

Overall, I've been very pleased with the available snack selection. Writers Stop is the only place where I've wanted to use snack credits for something and couldn't, and I haven't noticed a substantial difference from our previous trips.

Just a few to add so far, reporting live from the Wilderness Lodge md-trip. :)

Chocolate covered strawberries and the big frosted character cokies at Main Street Confectionary are still snacks.

Divvies cookies & gluten free brownies are snacks at Roaring Forks. Haven't seen them anywhere else, but I know someone was asking if they were covered.

At Writers Stop at DHS, right now the coffee drinks are still snacks but baked goods are not. According to the cast member working the counter, this is temporary, and once their sign is updated only bottled drinks (20 oz sodas and water) will be snacks.

Baked goods at Sunshine Seasons are snacks, and their key lime tart is just as good as all the rave reviews promise!

And yes, Dole Whips are still snacks and I've finally tried one. Yummy, but too acidic for my pregnant stomach to take right now. The kids loved it, though.

Overall, I've been very pleased with the available snack selection. Writers Stop is the only place where I've wanted to use snack credits for something and couldn't, and I haven't noticed a substantial difference from our previous trips.

Thank you for the update. If you have time, could you get more information on WL. We have so little for 2008. TIA.

To AKL/Mara, you can add:

Single serving "bowls" of:
Grapes
Watermelon
Pineapple

Single piece of fruit (orange, apple, bannana)

Paw Print Brownie
Zebra Domes

Allergy free Carmel Corn (bag).

me again....don't think its been answered (went back and checked, i could have missed it though). Are glazed nuts included, you know the ones that come in those cones, i believe i saw them at epcot.
tia!

ok, color me confused! We havn't been to WDW for about 6 years, and are taking our grandson in March. We are on the Delux Dining Plan. Reading through this thread, it seems that the same items that are covered in one place, may not be covered at another place. How do you keep this all straight?? Its seems to me any snack item item under $4.00 would be much simpler.:confused3

To AKL/Mara, you can add:

Single serving "bowls" of:
Grapes
Watermelon
Pineapple

Single piece of fruit (orange, apple, bannana)

Paw Print Brownie
Zebra Domes

Allergy free Carmel Corn (bag).

:cool1: We'll be staying at AKV in April:thumbsup2

Thank you for the update. If you have time, could you get more information on WL. We have so little for 2008. TIA.

Here are some from Mercantile

Chip & Dale Salted Peanuts
"" Honey Roasted Peanuts
""" CAshews
"" Bag Dry Fruit
""" Bag Apricot
"" BAg Pineapple
"" Bag Granola
"" BAg Pretzels

Disney Pez Disp or refills
Mickey Mouse Rice Krspy Treats
Single serving peaches
Cotton Candy Tub
Princess 2 oz Cookie
MM Candy Tube
Choc Chip Supreme
Princess Choc Coin
glazed honey buns
supreme drumstick
french crumb
snickers

Edy's Straw fruit bar
Wheat Thins 4 oz
Oatmeal Instant Bowl
Otis Ban nut muffin(also blueberry and choc chip)
Popcorn with butter 3.5 oz
Nilla Wafers 3.5 oz
Mickey Premium Bar
Tollhouse Icecream
Swirl Pops
Tigger PB cups

pint whole milk
20 oz lemonade
orange juice 16 oz
1/2 liter green or lemon tea
soy milk plain
dansani 20 oz
6 oz V8
powerade
coke products
vitamin water

I assumed (should have known) it did, but no one is mentioning it. So if we get a popcorn the drink is oop?

Hope not

tandyc

Here are some from Mercantile

Chip & Dale Salted Peanuts
"" Honey Roasted Peanuts
""" CAshews
"" Bag Dry Fruit
""" Bag Apricot
"" BAg Pineapple
"" Bag Granola
"" BAg Pretzels

Disney Pez Disp or refills
Mickey Mouse Rice Krspy Treats
Single serving peaches
Cotton Candy Tub
Princess 2 oz Cookie
MM Candy Tube
Choc Chip Supreme
Princess Choc Coin
glazed honey buns
supreme drumstick
french crumb
snickers

Edy's Straw fruit bar
Wheat Thins 4 oz
Oatmeal Instant Bowl
Otis Ban nut muffin(also blueberry and choc chip)
Popcorn with butter 3.5 oz
Nilla Wafers 3.5 oz
Mickey Premium Bar
Tollhouse Icecream
Swirl Pops
Tigger PB cups

pint whole milk
20 oz lemonade
orange juice 16 oz
1/2 liter green or lemon tea
soy milk plain
dansani 20 oz
6 oz V8
powerade
coke products
vitamin water

:thumbsup2 Thank you

I assumed (should have known) it did, but no one is mentioning it. So if we get a popcorn the drink is oop?

Hope not

tandyc

It's not included. You would have to use another snack credit or pay OOP

antkim, you are my hero! :worship:

LOL! You should have seen the strange looks I was getting while walking around the store with my pad and paper! :rotfl2: I AM COMPLETELY KIDDING!! I was fortunate enough to strike up a conversation with a MOST HELPFUL CM....I told that I was trying to figure out how the 08 plan had changed and I was interested in the snacks mostly (since I was in the Mercantile!) and he offered to give me a copy of his "inclusion" list! There are a few other things on the list but to be honest, with the abbreviations they use I was not 100% what they were so I did not list them!! ;)

LOL! You should have seen the strange looks I was getting while walking around the store with my pad and paper! :rotfl2: I AM COMPLETELY KIDDING!! I was fortunate enough to strike up a conversation with a MOST HELPFUL CM....I told that I was trying to figure out how the 08 plan had changed and I was interested in the snacks mostly (since I was in the Mercantile!) and he offered to give me a copy of his "inclusion" list! There are a few other things on the list but to be honest, with the abbreviations they use I was not 100% what they were so I did not list them!! ;)

I can see you furiously scribbling notes as you pace through the store. :laughing:

Still, that you went up to a CM and asked about it is just wonderful. And then typed it all in! You're still my hero. :goodvibes

That was the 2007 plan though, can you confirm for 2008?

on January 10 we went to the counter loaded down with our less than $4.00 items and 12 snack credits to use before we went home that night. Only 4 items were approved. The cm pulled out multiple pages of UPC codes and prices and informed us that only single serving items were counted.:sad1:

back to the counters we went, back to the counters went our mickey pretzels and mickey cookies. We did enjoy our pretzel rods and marshmallows! We just wish we hadn't saved up those credits to spend at Goofy's, when there were better values at other stores and figaro fries....
most of the snack items were very small.

I go around during my vacation & take pictures of CS menus and snack items at the resorts. I can't imagine what everyone around me is thinking:crazy:

This is awesome. Thank you so much for doing this. I was concerned too that only a few things qualified for snacks on the DxDP but this will help keep the kids happy and mom too knowing it's not all ice cream and ultra sweet stuff. You guys are wonderful for getting the info and making an ultra easy list to print and carry with me on our trip! :worship:

I go around during my vacation & take pictures of CS menus and snack items at the resorts. I can't imagine what everyone around me is thinking:crazy:

The Cm's are probably saying "Oh boy...here she comes the snack credit natzie":rotfl:

If they only knew how seriously this topic was taken!! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter