2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a need to post this...

0-scan0002-06-09-14.jpg

:figment:

Diana Lyn said:
Ok, I'm all caught up.

So what are the chances of this? A couple of months ago, I'm sure you all saw on the news the story about the military laptop stolen and SS#s etc being on it. Bruce was one of those people.

Well, Bruce has only worked for 2 companies in his life. The US Navy and GE.

On Saturday we get a letter in the mail (and it was on the news yesterday and today) that a laptop has been stolen and you guessed it, SS#s etc were on it. GE gets the higher mark here because they have paid for every employess to get the service to monitor their credit transactions, while the Navy just said, too bad, so sad, we're just letting you know, now you deal with it.

But what are the chances of his only 2 employers having the same exact thing happen? I guess it's modern day technology biting us, but still.
That's so scary. I hope y'all never see unauthorized transactions on your credit report. (And what are SS#/personal information doing on a laptop anyway?)

Whew. Long day. The homeschool day at the Air Force Museum was good. Although the kids opted to skip the tour in the afternoon and go to the presidential hanger instead (a lot of old Air Force Ones that you can go through) Last time we were there it was a busy Saturday and we got bumped out of that tour. Kids impressed me a few times with some of the answers they knew. Guess they are learning something. :)

I spent one hour of their classes briskly walking the Air Force Base grounds. I was waiting for the MP to come up and arrest me. I did always try to stay at least 10 feet away from the chain link/razor wire fence! :lmao:

Then we rushed home. Made dinner. Ate. Then off to rehearsal. Finally got home and crashed. Long day!

Heads up to you all. I have an inside scoop.....Wednesday's Mouse Matters is going to be CRUISE RELATED!!! Timely for ya'll, eh???

Congratulations on your 1900th post Mary!!! :cool1:

cgcw said:
:chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat:

It looks like we have another reason to celebrate tonight!!!!
Congratulations, Stacy, 1500 posts!!!!

:chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat:

Way to go, Stacy!

cgcw said:
We scrambled last year to get the certified copies for me & Gary. The ones with the cute little foot prints don't count as the ones that are needed.
Oh darn. I just love those little feet print certificates. ;)

I just checked and my passport doesn't expire for another 3+ years. I guess we need to figure out which lock/safety deposit box we put Ian's birth certificate in, though.

Umm, What she said, but...

RRBB said:
1) We sail in 27 days, but when do you actually leave and what else do you have planned?

We're out of here on the 14th, arriving at BCV around 10pm that night. That gives me less than 21 days to figure out everything we need to take and then figure out how to pack it all.

2) What is the one thing you are looking forward to most about SSMC06?
No cooking, no dishes, no laundry!!! And of course, meeting up with y'all. ;) I Would like to see Jody Benson again... But I am not holding my breath...

3) If there was to be a SSMC07 and it was in the same time frame and same type of cruise (4 day) would you book it?
Probably yes (David's saying definitely yes), but I really liked the February timeframe of SSMC03. breathe in, breathe out... Yes I think it would be fun, But I don't think we will have the points.

4) If there was a be a SSMC07 and if you could determine when it would be and what type of cruise what would it be?
I'd love a wintertime cruise - to get out of the cold - and 7-day would be wonderful. Of course that's been requested since the first member cruise and nothing's come of it (so far). What Sh Said!!

5) For 07 instead of a cruise would you rather see some type of land-based event? If so, what?
Sure, why not. We rather enjoyed the Member Homecoming events, especially the MK night and the Grand Opening of SSR. (The heat was another story.) Though it's harder to get together and there are tons more people attending, something like that could be fun. Hmmm, maybe a "ground-breaking" event for a DVC resort at the Contemporary or out in California??? ITA!!

crzy4dals said:
post 18000 coming tomorrow!!!!!!!
I'm thinking tonight, though I'm starting to run out of steam and I'm almost all caught up. :)

crzy4dals said:
ahhh cold season. I came home from work today and Nick was not feeling well and had a low grade fever. One good dose of Motrin and he is as good as new, well almost. He did eat dinner and I gave him some benadryl for his nose. Fingers crossed we knock this out before it gets too bad. DH can not handle Nick having a cold at all. So he went to bed. Now if he was to bust his head open again - Rich is as calm as a cucumber because he can control that.
I hope Nick feels better quickly. I dread Ian getting sick since he's still not able to convey what's wrong. Last year he got sick our last day at WDW, I hope that doesn't happen this year since we're getting on the cruise from there.

cgcw said:
Cameron came home, yet again, sick this morning. Woke up not feeling well and I talked him into going anyway. Wasn't even an hour later and the school nurse called to come and pick him up. This is the 3rd Monday in a row he's been out sick. This can't continue -- or they are going to have a problem with him missing 5 1/2 day in October.
pixiedust: that Cameron doesn't miss anymore school before the cruise. It's time for everyone to get healthy and STAY HEALTHY for the next month!!!

:cheer2: Congratulations, Stacy, on your 1500th post!!!!:cheer2:

MaryJ said:
I'd be up for that Mary. It's a pretty good bet that I'd make it at least the first morning. If things go like last year, with every morning after that I tended to sleep a little later.
I'd love to say I'll join the walkers, but I'm just not a morning person. And if Ian's sleeping, well I'm not going to wake a sleeping toddler. ;)

OK, I have a question: I remember that someof the restraunts on the ship sare a kitchen. I managed a Chocolate Soufle at Lumiere's (if I remember) on our 7 day cruise. Has anyone else managed this?

ohiominnie said:
Whew. Long day. The homeschool day at the Air Force Museum was good. Although the kids opted to skip the tour in the afternoon and go to the presidential hanger instead (a lot of old Air Force Ones that you can go through) Last time we were there it was a busy Saturday and we got bumped out of that tour. Kids impressed me a few times with some of the answers they knew. Guess they are learning something. :)

I spent one hour of their classes briskly walking the Air Force Base grounds. I was waiting for the MP to come up and arrest me. I did always try to stay at least 10 feet away from the chain link/razor wire fence! :lmao:

Then we rushed home. Made dinner. Ate. Then off to rehearsal. Finally got home and crashed. Long day!

Heads up to you all. I have an inside scoop.....Wednesday's Mouse Matters is going to be CRUISE RELATED!!! Timely for ya'll, eh???
That sounds really neat. Ian went to a birthday party a couple weeks ago at the air museum here. It had a great play area for the little ones to hang out, but Ian much preferred to escape to the museum area and check out the planes and Apollo capsule (can't remember which one.)

ohiominnie said:
Oh yeah, thanks for the heads up. I really enjoy reading the Mouse Matters articles, too. ::yes::

Mary, I thought a CERTIFIED COPY of the birth ertificate was good enough; do we need the original???

I'm not Mary, But I'll answer anyhow.

Yes a state certified copy is fine, long as it has the seal from the state office on it.

Just not one of the hospital issued ones with pictures, footprints or whatever.

And that goes for everyone, not just kids.

You need a photo ID as well for adults, but most of you know that already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter