2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
RRBB said:
Good morning. I think??? Ian woke about 12:30 sick. Poor little guy. After a couple more bouts he basically had dry heaves every hour or so the rest of the night. Guess we won't be going to Little Gym class today. All I want to do is crawl into bed and sleep the day away, but somehow I don't think that's a possibility.

This is only the second time Ian's been sick like this - the first time was our last day at WDW in October. (I think he was trying to tell us he didn't want to go home or something.) I can't get him to drink the Pedialite or take any tummy medicine. But he saw the cookie box and wants those. :rolleyes:
Aww, poor Ian!! :wizard: Hope he feels better soon!!!

alikat99 said:
Aww, poor Ian!! :wizard: Hope he feels better soon!!!
Thanks. Me, too. I'm hoping David will be able to come home from work early today so I can go to the grocery store. I also need to stop by the Temple to register Ian for camp this summer - two days/week for 6, maybe 8 weeks. We've also decided to enroll Ian in school for the fall. I really only want 2 days/week, but right now there aren't any spots in that class so we'll go with 3 days/week and waitlist the 2 day class. I know I wasn't sure about this before, but the more I watched Ian the more I realized HE'S ready for more of a structured environment where he can learn and grow.

Diana Lyn said:
The vaseline did work. It was still very hard to pull out. Poor kid. It was on her inner thigh. Bruce had the tick in the tweezers, I was holding her down smothering her in kisses. He had that thing pulled a good 3 inches and her thigh was coming with it. :scared: It was dead, but still didn't want to let go.

Poor thing! :sad2:
Knock on wood no people in our family have had ticks on them but last summer the dog had one on him and that sucker was HUGE! We were able to get him off but it was the same type of deal we were trying to pull it off and the dog's skin is coming along with it. We finaly got it off mouth and all. So now the animals get a pat down when the come back in the house to look for any travelers

alikat99 said:
Annmarie - that's my neck of the woods. I live here in the north part of St. Pete. What are you looking for in a hotel?? Do you want something on the beach? Or just something to sleep in?? There are some beautiful hotels around here. The Don CeSar is down on St. Pete Beach (I got married there), The Renaissance Vinoy is downtown St. Pete next to the pier. There are LOTS of beach hotels like the Sheraton Sand Key. Or, there's a Hyatt on the Tampa side of the Causeway bridge over to Safety Harbor.

Let me know if I can help.

Wholly Cow!
I just turned on the travel channel & Great Hotels is on and guess were Samantha Brown is....at the Don Cesar!! That place looks NICE! I want to stay there now!

cgcw said:
:cheer2: :cheer2: Congratulations, Stacy!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

:banana: :banana: 8000 posts!!!! :banana: :banana:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: ~~ WOW ~~ :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I'd like to thank the Dis for this amazing Award......... :smokin:

Just kidding!
It was a fluke that it happened. The last post I read I think was 7995 and from the time I started typing my post and hit send.....well the rest is history! :lmao:

You guys have me all tied up in knots. I realized the reason we liked LTT so much was because of its lunchtime menu (the pumpkin bread was to die for - we even asked for the recipe). It is totally different from the dinner menu. So, do we go for the food or the entertainment? Anyone want to make room for two more at their dinner table so that we can pay the $5 each and not eat? :teeth:

Mary that link was so fun. I will certainly be sharing it too.

Sorry about that tick problem. It is always a fear for me. I hate those things.

Also sorry that baby Ian is sick.

Amy, thanks for the info on the cafepress.

Stil can't figure out how you all do it. Do you walk around with computers strapped around your necks so you can post like the energizer bunny?

Cigarette%20Girls.jpg

It takes so long for this to load and I'm on cable connection. I can never keep up.
:confused3

Stitch#1 said:
Wholly Cow!
I just turned on the travel channel & Great Hotels is on and guess were Samantha Brown is....at the Don Cesar!! That place looks NICE! I want to stay there now!
Oh, it is SO beautiful. I had always heard about it, but I always thought it would be WAY too expensive for my wedding. Well, after traveling to several other hotels on the beach, we decided to give the Don (as it's known around here) a chance and went over there. We were down on the beach on New Year's Day and decided to stop by. It was still decorated for Christmas, and we knew that we would be married around Christmas time the following year. I fell in love at that moment. We met with someone, reduced our guest list some, and had my dream wedding at the Don CeSar with the ceremony held on the rooftop at sunset. Ahhh, it was great!!

We actually considered a WDW wedding, but thought that was too expensive too. But, we probably would have spent the same, but that's ok, because now I can have my 25th anniversary vow renewal at WDW. :sunny:

Tiger Lily 03 said:
Stil can't figure out how you all do it. Do you walk around with computers strapped around your necks so you can post like the energizer bunny?

It takes so long for this to load and I'm on cable connection. I can never keep up.
For me, I use the computer as a little escape from the girls. I check a few times a day, and right now is nap time, so it's quiet around here.

And, it's not just you, it seems that the DIS has been quite SLOW lately.

gometros said:
You guys have me all tied up in knots. I realized the reason we liked LTT so much was because of its lunchtime menu (the pumpkin bread was to die for - we even asked for the recipe). It is totally different from the dinner menu. So, do we go for the food or the entertainment? Anyone want to make room for two more at their dinner table so that we can pay the $5 each and not eat? :teeth:

Sandy,

We have ADR's at LTT for 4:25 on the 26...you are more than welcome to join us, we just ahve to see it they can add 2 more. The more the merrier!!! :cool1:

Tiger Lily 03 said:

I don't know either...I have a computer in fromt of me most of the day at work, and I still can't keep up! You guys are just a bunch of chatty people! But I love it!

tinkerbelle77 said:
I don't know either...I have a computer in fromt of me most of the day at work, and I still can't keep up! You guys are just a bunch of chatty people! But I love it!

:chat: Chatty? Chatty - whoose chatty? :chat:

RRBB said:
Good morning. I think??? Ian woke about 12:30 sick. Poor little guy. After a couple more bouts he basically had dry heaves every hour or so the rest of the night. Guess we won't be going to Little Gym class today. All I want to do is crawl into bed and sleep the day away, but somehow I don't think that's a possibility.

This is only the second time Ian's been sick like this - the first time was our last day at WDW in October. (I think he was trying to tell us he didn't want to go home or something.) I can't get him to drink the Pedialite or take any tummy medicine. But he saw the cookie box and wants those. :rolleyes:

Robin, I hope Ian is better soon. There is nothing worse than when your child is sick. pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

I love watching great hotels and remember seeing the one on The Don....looked beautiful. Which brings me to a GTKYKFC question:

For those of you who are married what was your wedding like? Would also love to see a wedding photo (I'm sure we'll all get some laughs on how we have changed over the years).

For those who aren't married yet - what would your dream wedding be. Julie please share a little bit - don't want you to spoil all your surprises but I'd love to hear at least a tidbit. :)

Tiger Lily 03 said:

Cigarette%20Girls.jpg

For me, it's pockets of my day.

I don't know why, maybe because Gary is an early riser during the week, but I tend to get up, get ready and then sit on the DIS and veg out in the mornings. About 7 I start to get rolling for the day.

When the daycare kids are here, I have little pockets of time. While they are eating, coloring, painting, doing puzzles & manipulatives, working on different toys at my kitchen table, playing nicely and then like now, when they are napping. It's not enough time to do something extensive, but it's easy for me to sit down and check the thread. I may not always respond at the same time depending on what's going on here.

curtdennis said:
:chat: Chatty? Chatty - whoose chatty? :chat:

Me thinks you need to get a little more chatty. With 131 posts in 6 months time, at this rate (keep in mind I'm not one of the statistic guru's in this group), you'll be lucky to break 300!

Besides Diana, I too remember the days when I had a low post count. :blush:

cgcw said:
Me thinks you need to get a little more chatty. With 131 posts in 6 months time, at this rate (keep in mind I'm not one of the statistic guru's in this group), you'll be lucky to break 300!

Besides Diana, I too remember the days when I had a low post count. :blush:

I remember when we first joined the Dis! It was to get in on the SSMC05 thread. Back then when we first started my husband said he would be surprised if we got to 100 on our post count! :confused3 :rotfl:

Now look at me! Just less then a year later and I might hit 1000 posts by the end of the month! :thumbsup2

WDWLVR said:
For those of you who are married what was your wedding like? Would also love to see a wedding photo (I'm sure we'll all get some laughs on how we have changed over the years).

Gary & I had a very small wedding. I didn't want a wedding ceremony at all. I just wanted to quietly get married by a justice of the peace or whoever. But, Gary's daughter was 5 at the time and he didn't just want to say "Oh, by the way, we got married". So, we had a wedding for my step-daughter.

It was very small. Gary's Mom & Dad, his sister, his 1 brother -- the other chose not to come and another was on vacation. My Mom, her boyfriend (who conveniently was in MOST of my wedding pictures), my Mom's two sisters and their husbands and my Mom's cousin who I didn't invite but she decided to show up anyway. We invited about 12 other people. Include Gary, his daughter and myself I think that counts up to about 26 people total.

We were married at a small church in Long Grove, IL. The three of us rode through town on a horse drawn carriage. The town is very active with shoppers on the weekends. Then we went to a hotel where we had a nice dinner in a private room. No dancing, no drinking, just a celebration of the day.

I wish we would have had a WDW wedding too. Back then, I had no idea that was even an option. But, in my heart, I know that we wouldn't have done that to Sarah.

Here's us on our wedding date -- no wedding dress, no tux. Both of us did that the first time around and we didn't want to be similar in any ways to those events.

iC2F2B80A-FAB6-467B-8B43-44D4F13694DF.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter