2006 Disney Dining Plan FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm staying 5 nights at BWV by renting DVC points. May I get the dining plan for 6 days rather than 5? Thanks

Anything you order *in addition to what you're entitled to* w/ your DDp credit, is a seperate bill, with you responsible for tipping :teacher: (ex~ cocktail, side of veg for baby etc...)

ScarletFire said:
I'm staying 5 nights at BWV by renting DVC points. May I get the dining plan for 6 days rather than 5? Thanks

No, it's tied in with the number of nights you are staying and they won't let you add or deduct days so you would have 5 TS credits, 5 CS credits and 5 snack credits per person but it is valid until midnight on your check out day so you could spread out the credits over 6 days. For example if you check in mid-afternoon on day 1, you could start using your credits for a meal (or snacks) that day, the next 4 days AND you could still be using them on your 6th day. If we opt for the Dining Plan, this is exactly what we intend doing - we're gonna share some meals and/or have lunch in our studio one day (or more) and kinda spread out the whole thing to make it last 6 days - hope that makes sense. In fact, there's too much food on offer anyway so I doubt we'd use them all up in 5 days.

If you end with 3 child TS credits and 2 adult TS credits on the last day, can you use these credits for 4 adult & 1 child Table Service meals. Thanks from a WDW first timer. :cool1: :sunny:

Thanks for putting this thread together! Do you know how split hotel stays are handled? If you check out of one hotel and directly into another, can you purchase the plan for your entire stay? Or do you have to treat it like two separate reservations, with the credits from the first part of the stay expiring on your "moving" day?

Thanks again!

Mike

cruisin'Mike said:
Thanks for putting this thread together! Do you know how split hotel stays are handled? If you check out of one hotel and directly into another, can you purchase the plan for your entire stay? Or do you have to treat it like two separate reservations, with the credits from the first part of the stay expiring on your "moving" day?

Thanks again!

Mike

Unfortunately the plan does not work well for split stays. You would have to book to seperate packages & the cost of the tickets would be greatly increased than staying at the same resort. Your other option is to have the first reservation as a package w/dining + all you passes then book a room-only reservation for the second half of your stay. But your dining plan credits would still expire at midnight of the day you checkout of the first hotel. Did that make sense?

What if you don't want the plan for all the nights that you are staying? We arrive at 8:05pm (at the airport) so we wont be to the hotel until probably 9:30pm. Also our last day we have to be at the airport at 8:00am, so we wont be able to eat that day at all. I dont want to pay for dining for those 2 days, obviously. Is it required?

My family and I purchased the Magic Your Way + Dining for our upcoming visit in June. Last trip, we took advantage of the Fantasmic Dinner Package, where we ate at a participating restaurant, and got priority seating at Fantasmic. Will it even be an option to do this with the Magic Your Way Package? Will it cost additional vouchers, as do the "signature" restaurants and the character meals? It was great last time, I hate to miss the opportunity to take advantage of it this coming visit. :confused3

Currently, you do have to purchase the plan for the duration of your stay. Some folks have gotten around this restriction by making two separate reservations (though that causes other concerns).

I made ADRs for 4 nights in May. I told "no dining plan" then.
But I'm thinking to add Dining Plan now :dumbo: .
Do I have to call the WDW to tell them I "added" dining plan? Will they cancel the old ADRs and I might miss some of my already-made ADRs?

TIA

Just to check I am staying at Pop Century for 15 nights so I have
15 snacks credits
15 ts credits
15 cs credits

I will be arriving in Orlando at 3:25pm on sunday so hope to be in the hotel for 6pm at the latest (considering going through immigration collecting luggage and getting to the hotel) I am planning on using a snack to buy a bottle of water and ts service to have supper. This means on the last day I should have one cs service I can use for lunch. Does this look right.

Some more questions I have.

Can you only do the Dining Plan if you stay at an onsite resort, or does that not matter?

Right now I am only going with one other person. I was thinking of getting the Dining Plan just for one of us so that we can just share all our meals since everyone talks about how big the meals are and I really don't want to overeat. So are we allowed to do that? Just buy one Dining Plan for 7 days and share it all?

PaulaSB12 said:
Just to check I am staying at Pop Century for 15 nights so I have
15 snacks credits
15 ts credits
15 cs credits

Right, the number of nights you stay corresponds to the number of credits. You can use the credits in any order that you wish during your stay.

amburger said:

Can you only do the Dining Plan if you stay at an onsite resort, or does that not matter?

Right now I am only going with one other person. I was thinking of getting the Dining Plan just for one of us so that we can just share all our meals since everyone talks about how big the meals are and I really don't want to overeat. So are we allowed to do that? Just buy one Dining Plan for 7 days and share it all?

I think the DP has to be a part of a package that you book at a WDW resort. I think that it would have to be for everyone named on your ressie, but I could be wrong. :confused3

amburger said:

You have to be an onsite guest to purchase the plan & everyone on the room reservation must also purchase the plan.

ConnieC said:
I made ADRs for 4 nights in May. I told "no dining plan" then.
But I'm thinking to add Dining Plan now :dumbo: .
Do I have to call the WDW to tell them I "added" dining plan? Will they cancel the old ADRs and I might miss some of my already-made ADRs?

TIA

No but when you call to confirm your ADRs before you go, you could mention it then.

ChloeChipper said:
What if you don't want the plan for all the nights that you are staying? We arrive at 8:05pm (at the airport) so we wont be to the hotel until probably 9:30pm. Also our last day we have to be at the airport at 8:00am, so we wont be able to eat that day at all. I dont want to pay for dining for those 2 days, obviously. Is it required?

Since the DP is based on the number of nights your staying you would only be paying for 1 unneeded night. You could use the extra TS for a signature restaurant or show or a sitdown breakfast.

Your other option is not to do the plan. You should price out both ways & see if it's better to pay for your food OOP.

Aww, okay. Weird. I thought I had read that you could share the dining plan. That sucks. Guess I need to reconsider.

amburger said:
Aww, okay. Weird. I thought I had read that you could share the dining plan. That sucks. Guess I need to reconsider.

You can share on the plan & save the extra credit for another meal but everyone still needs to be on the plan.

DiznieChick said:
My family and I purchased the Magic Your Way + Dining for our upcoming visit in June. Last trip, we took advantage of the Fantasmic Dinner Package, where we ate at a participating restaurant, and got priority seating at Fantasmic. Will it even be an option to do this with the Magic Your Way Package? Will it cost additional vouchers, as do the "signature" restaurants and the character meals? It was great last time, I hate to miss the opportunity to take advantage of it this coming visit. :confused3

Yes you are now allowed to use the DP for the FDP at H&V,MM or BD. BD would require using (2) TS credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter