20041218-cruise-friends-memories Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
No no no, Pam. The pins are smaller but they probably cost the same as a glass. And you can buy so many more of them! Pins are fun, but they are a deep, dark hole.

Jim, I was just trying to figure out how we will get ONE more thing into our luggage, a wet suit for me. I don't think we took my flippers last year either. Too much luggage, too many transportation modes to get on and off. Airport shuttles, vans, rental cars, hotel check-ins. You have that problem multiplied by one third, I guess, but less schlepping. You get to drive to the port from home!

I was delighted to read that a repellant for sharks is nearly a reality. DD has this idea that seeing a shark while diving would be "really cool". She doesn't believe me when I tell her that sharks DO attack divers. The nuts at the dive shop she goes to are always talking about wanting to see sharks. A nice Caribbean nurse shark or reef shark would be OK, but there are some nasty ones off the FL coast!

Originally posted by scuba diver
Busted. He may not read it, but he will hear about it.

Working on the scuba equipment is important because it is a life and death issue. Same reason for buying new equipment. Life and death. Don't you want to have the very best, very newest for DD?

You can tell we have had the same discussion at our house. While heading to MCO this afternoon I tried to detour to Divers Direct. DW would not hear of it. We are going next Sunday after leaving BC. Need a new wet suit for DD so she is not cold at CC. At least that is what I am saying to get into Divers Direct!
"He" did read it! Got a kick out of it too! I knew I liked your style Jim!! You know that the DD has got to be warm, oh look what's that cool toy over there?

Honey, I'm home..... just in the garage "working":crazy:

Hey pirate: did gaRry and DS forget to stop and pick you up today too?!? :confused:

Originally posted by ohiominnie
...snip...

I picked up the book my dad was reading and started to read it. You SCUBA people may be interested....

It's called "Shadow Divers" I believe. About some divers that go down and explore shipwrecks. And they found a U-boat that apparently no one knew even existed--somewhere off of New Jersey.

I only got through the introduction and chapter 1, but it was very interesting. Gets ya into the psyche of a diver.

Ever hear of it?
Haven't read it yet, but have heard some good reviews about it. Sounds like a good read. Let me know what you think of it, would ya?

HEY - garRy forgot me - too!!! NO FAIR.... I'm probably closer than JillJill.... and not too far out of the way......

Back at work.... Had a terrible day - work up with a headache (never a good sign) progressed, as usual, into a migraine... Woke up - took medication, went back to bed... woke up at 930pm - feeling better - just in time to get ready for work..... Tried to watch the race - DW was upset about Jr. - forgot to tell you about her new license plate... WV has Nascar plates - and she got #8 - with "IFANC8" --DD definitely thinks she's a redneck now.... (her nickname is Fancy).....

Not too bad at work - jinxed myself - of course, just Saturday I said - Hmmm haven't had a migraine in awhile......

Don't think DD and I will be coming to Fl.... Just can't convince DW of the need.... that and the exorbitant plane fares really put a damper on it....

Be back later....

Virgil
pirate:

:wave2: Kind of a hi and bye here tonight....

Company just left and I'm pooped.

We snorkeled with nurse shark last November in Curacao. I didn't mind, but Jordan was totally freaked. I had a near-nasty encounter with a shark of unknown heritage in Belize....luckily, I was close to the dive boat, and was yanked out of the water by the driver and one of our buddies. I never even saw the shark come after me, but they did. That's the same trip that I got "inked" for the first time. And held up by bandits in Guatemala. People should think twice before asking me for travel advice.

Okay...off I go...

GOOD MONDAY MORNING TO ALL OF THE HOLIDAY CRUISERS!!!

Good night,
Stacey

Originally posted by justmestace
I never even saw the shark come after me, but they did. That's the same trip that I got "inked" for the first time. And held up by bandits in Guatemala. People should think twice before asking me for travel advice.
Now you have me nervous about meeting you in the lobby of the GF Thurs. night. Do I need to wear body armour or have on some sort of protection?!? :eek: :confused: Remember my 'cabana boy' is unable to travel with me this trip.

Nah.....not a problem.....but boy, could I tell you a few stories!!!

Let's grab a couple bottles of wine and start talking :chat: :drinking1 :hyper2: :drinking: .

And I'm always being pooh-poohed around here because I'm nervous about diver and shark encounters. I've been told it's one in a million. Well, Stacey, I guess you are the one!

I will call the cell phone in the afternoon, when I think DD and DH might be done with their dives at Blue Hole, to get an idea when they will be home. Alicia answers, I ask her "where are you"? She nearly always says "I'm in a shark's stomach". Kids.

Of course - that's what DW is afraid of - SHARKS.... I think she'd up and die if she encountered one snorkeling - let alone diving....

Thought I'd wait and steal the TOP!!!!

Virgil
pirate:

Originally posted by Dancind
DD has this idea that seeing a shark while diving would be "really cool". She doesn't believe me when I tell her that sharks DO attack divers. The nuts at the dive shop she goes to are always talking about wanting to see sharks.

Diana, DS and I are doing a shark dive in Nassau on Friday. If we don't make it to BC on Sunday you'll know where we are, in the shark's belly. I should have some great pictures to show your DD.

DW is always thrilled when I come home with pictures of DS with a shark swimming around him. DS favorite diving joke is "What do you do when you see a shark? Stab your buddy and swim."

:flower1: Good Morning Cruisers! :flower1:

Happy Monday!

Very active thread last night. GaRry will be happy that everyone is helping us get closer to 10,000!

Well off to read the boards and then off to work. Should be a fun one this week. I may get to check in at lunch.

Have a great day everyone!

Originally posted by tinksdad
Haven't read it yet, but have heard some good reviews about it. Sounds like a good read. Let me know what you think of it, would ya?

Probably won't be reading it for awhile. It's my dad's, so he took it home with him. :) We're getting the puppy Friday and I'm afraid the only thing I'll have time to read is "Puppies for Dummies." :)

Originally posted by WVMD
Back at work.... Had a terrible day - work up with a headache (never a good sign) progressed, as usual, into a migraine...

I'm feeling for you, Virgil. I don't get them often, but when I do they are debilitating. Either the migraine wipes me out or the medication does. Either way, the BEST medicine is to sleep it off. Glad my kids are now old enough that I can tell them "go watch a movie...or two."

Hope today is a better day for you. Do you know what triggers yours? Usually for me it's flashes of light. Haven't put a finger on anything else.

Originally posted by Dancind
Alicia answers, I ask her "where are you"? She nearly always says "I'm in a shark's stomach". Kids.

That's really cute!! :) What a great sense of humor. What cell phone company does she use that gets such great reception in a shark's belly? Seems like I can't get reception if I step into my basement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter