20041207 MVMCP December 7th (Tuesday) Roll Call

I think we should vote on it as a group of whomever is interested. We could position ourselves more toward Frontieland and maybe ride BTMRR as a big group afterwards.

So far Dan and I are voting members....who will join us :D :D :D

Depending on how many people are in for staking a spot, maybe we could grab the whole rock wall in front of Pecos Bill's for a front row seat.

Judy, is this for the early parade? Or the late parade?

Karen

hey Everyone, I hope to see some of you...I am leaving in 6 days and i will be wearing my Disboards lime green pin...Say hello :wave2: to me!!

also, if you are pin collector, this the pin for the 12/7 MVMCP..12/7 Pin

Hello Everyone -

You may remember my posting made many months ago about about attending MVMCP on December 7th - my celebration.

You see, a year ago my friend Joan was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and given a month or two. At her insistance, I still traveled to WDW in early December and saw "Wishes" for the first time. It was like it was created for me - for my emotional support. From that moment I had two wishes, which I pray for each day. First, to bring Joan to the land of magic this December. The second, to bring her back.....in 10 years.

She continues in remission and we are planning our trip. We will be staying at the Beach Club from December 7 - 14.

Since then, I became ill while visiting the Gr. Floridian with a friend and was taken to the hospital in Celebration. Once I finally was able to make it home to my local hospital, my first visitor was Joan.....making her wishes for me. After nearly two months in and out of the hospital, I am finally on the road to recovery happily.

So here we come - and we have tickets for December 7th.

I would like to invite anyone who would like to share a truly magical moment of Disney magic, to join us to watch "Wishes" that night.

We will be at the "Cathy Cook memorial spot" --- end of Main Street, left hand corner at the circle. I will be the short blonde (built a little like Chip an Dale) with the Mickey Santa Hat........complete with tears of joy I am sure.

I hope you can stop by and meet my truly special friend as we celebrate in the Happiest Place On Earth.

Thank you,

Cathy

"Remember, we must all believe in our wishes, for they are the magic in the World. Now, lets all put our hearts together and make a wish come true".princess:

My family will be there on the 7th as well! Me, DH, and DD-2.

I see there are only 2000 pins released. Will they only be available after 7pm? Where will they sell them? I really want one and want to buy as early as possible in case they sell out.

Great to see you again, Cathy, sure do recall your wish post. What a wonderful story of both Joan and you also. Good to hear you both are well. :hug:

I am sure many of us will be in that general area, if you are looking for me, look for a tall old guy, probably with a camera. :)

Angela - The pins are usually sold at 3 locations (or at least they have been in the past). The Emporium and the Christmas Shop (in Liberty Square) are two locations. Since the party doesn't start until 7PM and because each guest is limited to 2 pins, you shouldn't have any difficulty getting the MVMCP pin for that night.

Just found this list...

It will be me (PhotobearSam), my DH (StarWarsMan) and my good friend Wendy (wenabre)

We will have Lime green on so please all say hello. We have ressies at LTT at 4:30...We will be watching the 2nd parade....That's all I know for sure up til now.::yes::

Count me in! I will be there with my sister, Gay and a "first time to Disney" friend, Lori. We can not wait to show off DisneyWorld to Lori!

ok, just read the thread and let me see if I have this right. We are meeting at the stone wall, Pecos Bills, for the last parade? I certainly don't want to miss you guys. We had a wonderful mini-meet in October at the Halloween party. It was great meeting fellow lurkers. I even got to meet HighTown the day after she had won the million dollar question at Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. I will have a Lime Green Santa's Hat!

Originally posted by Towncrier
Angela - The pins are usually sold at 3 locations (or at least they have been in the past). The Emporium and the Christmas Shop (in Liberty Square) are two locations. Since the party doesn't start until 7PM and because each guest is limited to 2 pins, you shouldn't have any difficulty getting the MVMCP pin for that night.

Thank you! I will be looking for them as soon as we get there so I can get it over and not have to worry about it. I'm not much of a pin collector (yet), but I want to get the special event pins for my daughter, who's 2, in case she ends up interested in pin collecting when she's a bit older. It was her first trip when we went in September and I looked all over until I found her a "My First Trip" pin.

I can't think of anything lime green that I own, but I will be on the lookout for other Disers. If I've had enough cocoa I might even be brave enough to say hi. :wave2:

So, sounds like it is the stone wall by Pecos Bill for the second parade....I was looking at the map, is that where the parade starts or ends?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter