20031117--Illuminations Cruise (hopefully) or else B&C - November 17--INDEXED

zulaya

DIS Veteran
UPDATE: August 25
Updating for folks just checking out this meet. We decided not to do the Dessert Party for several reason. Our plan was to get 2 boats for an Illuminations Cruise on Nov 17. We were only able to get 1 boat at the 90 day window. We are now trying to secure a second boat by calling for cancellations. No matter what happens with the boat, the current plan is to meet at Beaches & Cream after Illuminations to meet. Stay tuned for more info.

zulaya - 4 - COMMITTED
fixintodie - 2 - COMMITTED
lizdotcom99 - 2 - COMMITTED
KDawnLily - 2 - COMMITTED
barbeml - 6 - COMMITTED

We will be dropping in the 18th, haven't set the attack plan in stone yet. We are dragging three teens along, and I imagine they are going to want to commando the parks.. Of course, this is our first trip home soooo, they may want to hang at the resort and boardwalk.. who knows? Are you leaving the 19th?

Which Circle Pines you at?

Didn't know there was more than one Circle Pines:p
I am in the Circle Pines that is a northern suburb of Minneapolis - kinds scrunched in between Blaine, Lino Lakes and Shoreview, if that helps anyway.

Yeah, we leave November 19th in the afternoon. What time are you coming down on the 18th? I am kinda hoping to organize an Illuminations Dessert Party while we are there as it's my DD's birthday. But I think you have to have 25 people total to get one set up at the smaller sites and then it costs like $22 or so per person. So I am not getting my hopes up too high, but it would be neat to do it for her birthday.

I think I might put more feelers out later in the summer when people have had more time to think about it.

Never done the illumination deserts, sounds like it could be fun!

Haven't purchased the airline tics yet. :mad: so can't give you an arrival time.. we try to get to MCO about 1300, and get to WDW at 1500 or so. Still crossing fingers fares will drop a few more bucks.. still pretty steep. Also, we would like to take DD15's best friend (those two have been joined at the hip since kindergarden), but her parents can't seem to make up their minds if she can come or not.. kinda puts the crimp on making any other reservations (want to do USO/IOA fri/sat).

>>I am in the Circle Pines that is a northern suburb of Minneapolis - kinds scrunched in between Blaine, Lino Lakes and Shoreview, if that helps anyway.<<

OHHH, THAT Circle Pines:D

We will be there from Nov. 15-22 for our 25th anniversary. If you can pull it all together, count 2 of us in! It sounds fun.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

We will be there in Dec. but just wanted to encourage everone who can attend to do so. We had a dis. desert party last year and it was fantastic. Great food, excelent location for viewing and a wonderful group of dis'ers. Well worth the money.
maddy.

The illuminations dessert is just awesome. Absolutely <b>magical</b>.

I won't be there in November :(

Will you send me a pm when you get the final arrangements decided, zulaya? I'm going to put this on the index and leave date and time TBA.

Tentatively arriving the 11/8 & leaving 11/17.

Like Frozenfingers we don't have airline tickets yet.

Keep us posted!

Hopefully as people firm up their dates we can narrow down when we could get the most people. There is a minimum that we have to meet $ wise. I think if we can get 30-35 people going it can go, assuming there's availability.

'Course, if I win the lottery, I am treating.;)

I'm game for the Illuminations dessert party. I helped with one of the previous meets and I think it was around $35.00 with a minimum of 15 people. The price goes down for larger groups. There was plenty of desserts and great friends.

Robert--

I have some info on the last party from the initial inquirer that you needed 25-30 people to make it work, costing around $30 per person, depending on tax and tip. Here's the menu info I have from the Catering Event Manager on getting a minimum of 20 people:

For the Child in You:
Florida Lemon Bars, Double Chocolate Brownies
White Chocolate Chip with Macadamia Nut Cookies and Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Chewy Rice Crispy Treats and Chocolate Marshmallow Squares
Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Hot Tea and Lemonade

$17.50 PP++
(1 Hour, 20 Person Minimum)

Old World Classics in Miniature:
Pastries in Miniature to include:
Chocolate and Pistachio Cannoli
Fresh Fruit Tartlet, Vanilla Cream Filled Pastry Horns
Chocolate Eclairs, Orange Marmalade Roulade
Italian Style Ricotta Cheesecake, Chocolate Pecan Pies
Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Hot Tea and Lemonade

$22.50 PP++
(1 Hour, 20 Person Minimum)

Yes that is the correct prices. I remember that we did the Old World party and had just the minimum amount of people. I was only guessing the prices since I couldn't find the E-mails from Disney with the prices.

Zulaya, please count us in (2 adults) for the Illuminations Dessert Party. We'll be arriving on the 16th of Nov. and departing on the 21st so any night is fine with us. We look forward to meeting more folks from the DIS boards. Hope to see you there.

DH and I will be at the BCV (first trip home!) from 11/12 to 11/21.
We would love to attend either night.
Thanks.

We arrive on the 15th and will be going home on the 21rst. Even if we can not get enough people to do the dessert thing, it would be nice to meet fellow DISers. Looking forward to meeting all of you!!!! Can't wait!!!
Liz and Greg

If teh date is November 17 Count us in..! (Nov 16 for us is booked-DS's 6th Birthday).
We are a goup of 4-possibly only 2 to go though... not sure DS and Grandpa would want to do this.. but when a date is firmed up I can give a more firm answer.
Can't wait to see all those Lime green ribbons waving!:bounce:

Well my family of 5 sure will add to the count, won't it?!

We'll be there Nov 12-19. I am certain DH and I would like to go. Might have to bring the 3 kids - might have Fairy Godmothers that night..... My birthday is Nov 16!!! (What a great month - LOL!) Either night would work for us.

Wow, sounds like a blast. The 16th would work for us, since we are planning to indulge in the last day of F&W, but I can't tell you whether we would be 2, 4 or 6! Probably 4.

Put us down as "at least 2 are very interested." Sorry to be vague, but this is the first time we are traveling with others. I would LOVE to meet some of you fantastic folks!

Is there special viewing for Illuminations?

Thanks, Barbe

Yes there is a special viewing for Illuminations. It is over by the UK and there are 2 choices either the upper terrace or lower terrace. The last time that we did a meet there it was on the lower terrace. It was an awesome place to view the show.

It looks like 17 so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter