2003 Perennial Plant of the Year

Snowwark

DIS Veteran
The Perennial Plant Association has announced that Leucanthemum "Becky" , a Shasta daisy, is the plant of the year for 2003.

Charming and dependable, "Becky" grows best in full sun and well-drained soil. On sturdy, upright stems, reaching a a height of 40", and an almost 40" spread, "Becky" sports single white flowers with yellow centers apppearing June/July, often when other daisies are finishing. Flowering often continues into September, and it is a good performer in Zones 4 to 9.

beckyshastadaisy2003pp.jpg

Does anyone already have these, or perhaps now, thinking of adding them to their garden?

:)

Shasta Daisy is what I planted for Sylvia but, unfortunately, it was not a well draining site and it did not do well.

However, this just reminded me that I planted a Montauk Daisy near my deck. I forgot ALL about it. I wonder if it will return this season, what with this terrible winter and after being dug up by the dog and all. Something to, hopefully, look forward to.

40" by 40"??? Becky is a BIG girl!!:eek: :eek: :eek: That would look great in a corner or at the back of a bed. Now, if I just had one of those areas empty.....;) :p ;) :p

Yes she is, sorcerormickey....LOL! :) Do you have a spot for her? Oh.....I need... MORE SPACE!! :)

We have smaller version, I think they only get about 2-3 foot tall...
Don't have a big area though, have to keep thinning them out..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter