20 Days in Hawaii and Disneyland - Yes, we are Lucky Nuts (Updated 9/19)

Morning from Kona and thanks for the well wishes. Having a great time but still getting adjusted to the time difference. Yesterday we went diving and tonight we have a night dive. So this morning, it is mostly hanging out at the resort.

A with a lobster
IMG_0185.jpg

Will try to post a few more pics when we get to Aluani. Hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks for the update!

All are well in our household. I have a broken finger and a broken foot but both are healing nicely. Luckily it is summer semester and all my classes are online so I do not need to drive/walk to/from work.

Sarah is spending the summer being a "teen zoo keeper", (volunteer gig) at our local zoo and (another volunteer gig), playing chess with the seniors at our senior center. Keeps her busy and keeps me happy.

kate

I'm glad you're having a nice time, can't wait to hear more about Aulani!

I'm in, ready to read all about your Hawaii adventures and your Aulani impressions AND of course your Disneyland experiences. Congrats to your daughter, still reading the pretrip report.

It was hectic busy last month of school, now slowing picking up from the chaos in the house.

Can't wait for your Aulani visit, we're set to go for my DD BFF's wedding there in Jan 2013. Oh, wait, maybe I shouldn't say that too loudly, wouldn't want my oldest (who just got engaged) to get any ideas. She did say she wanted either a Disney or a Hawaiian themed wedding.

Hey CJ...I just wanted to give you a heads up for your DL trip. When you first go to Carsland, there are three different ways to enter Carsland. From A Bug's Land, from the walkway going away from Carthay Circle, and the best one is from Pacific Wharf. If you want that *W*O*W* factor when you first see the land (which we were lucky enough to get), when you get to the fountain, don't proceed forward, but turn right towards Soarin'. Pass Grizzly River Run and head on to the Little Mermaid ride. From there you can walk down the gang plank to Pacific Wharf and go through the entrance there. It's an absolutely stunning view that almost makes you think of the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon or any of those other Western landmarks.

However, you may be so caught up in the moment that you can't resist going right to the FP machine past the Carthay Circle Theater and see if any are left. If it's after noon, from what I hear they are all gone, it's the Epcot Soarin' of DCA. The good news is that Soarin' is sort of old hat to Californians and you can easily ride that all day.

We are here. Aulani is amazingly beautiful. I'll post a couple of pictures as the week goes on.

Here we are just about to land in Honolulu
IMG_0521.jpg

Pulling up to the resort
IMG_0530.jpg

Grocery shopping tomorrow and probably pool time.

Beautiful pictures CJ! Looking forward to more pictures of the resort and from your diving adventures :)

First full day here. Snagged a Cabana at the pool tomorrow. Yes! Have tried to reserve one for weeks. We were going to tour the island but will save that for Tuesday. Today we got supplies and explored the resort. Beautiful place. A is now getting a tan on the beach and I just got back to the room for a little R&R.

Tonight's dinner is at Ama Ama, their signature restaurant. We also have dinner at Roys Tuesday. Will try to post a couple of pics later.

Ohhh...the cabana sounds like a great luxury :)

It will be great to hear some reviews on the restaurants at Aulani. I don't think I really have seen too much of those on the boards.

The cabana is very cool. Privacy, TV, lounge chairs, fridge and food service. Waiting for a bit until I order a cocktail. I posted on the DidDads Board that my life doesn't suck. It doesn't.

A couple of pics...

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

Looking forward to a relaxing afternoon.

You're absolutely correct. Your life definitely does not suck. You are enjoying Hawaii in a cabana with a gorgeous daughter. Your life does not suck. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter