2 years to go...

nemo2017

Earning My Ears
Morning everyone

We will be returning to the US for our tenth wedding anniversary, and as today is our 8th anniversary that means only 2 years to go! :)

A little bit of background as an intro... We were married in Vegas and now have a 5 year old DS. I have been tentatively planning and saving for the trip for a year now. Originally I was planning on WDW and Florida but DH wasn't overly keen on that so the trip now looks like this: Disneyland 4 days, Vegas 3 days, San Diego 7 days. We have visited San Fran, Yosemite and Grand Canyon on a previous visit but haven't done Southern California before. I'm wondering whether to cut a couple of days from the 3 places mentioned to include 1 or 2 nights at Zion NP. I would dearly love to visit Monument Valley but don't think that's doable on this trip.

I've got loads of questions but think it's still too far in advance to bombard people with questions for 2 years away. Any tips you have on saving strategies much appreciated as this will be an expensive trip from the UK (we can only travel in school holidays due to my job). The biggest cost will be flights for 3 people.

If anyone has any comments about the current itinerary please let me know. Have a great day everyone.

I love using Groupon.com, Livingsocial.com and Travelzoo.com for the areas I visit. So you can find all kinds of things to save that way. Start throwing all extra change in a jar, even extra ones and fives are fun to save that way.

You may be two years out, but it never hurts to throw the questions you have out there. You might be surprised at the answers you get to help you along.

Thanks for your reply. My problem is there is so much of the US I want to see! Disneyland, Vegas and San Diego are the essential places but I'd be happy to consider any other areas too. We'll have 14 nights, possibly 16 and will definitely want to spend at least 3 nights in Anaheim and 2 in Vegas. I also don't know whether to fly to Vegas and do Vegas, Disney, San Diego or fly to LAX to do Disney, Vegas, San Diego. I also want to avoid Disney at the weekend due to queues...but will summer weekends be any busier than midweek in summer? Thanks for the tips about Group on etc.

I love San Diego. I live here. That said, cut two of your days here and spend them in Zion and Bryce. Two very different places, about 2 hours apart. Not sure if you are hikers but you can see the main Bryce amphitheater in a few hours from your car and then drive to Zion. If you are a hiker then the Narrows in Zion is a must (weather permitting).

How about fly into Salt Lake City, UT and drive to Bryce, then Zion, stopping is Las Vegas (perfect midpoint), then coming to San Diego and heading to Disney and flying out of LAX?

I'm also of the school that anything over 24 hours is too long for Vegas, but my friends say I'm no fun...

Have a great trip!

PS - my five year old son LOVED hiking the Narrows. Actually took him to DCA this week and his comment was "had fun, prefer camping. Take me camping next time." That's my boy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter