• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 Reservations in 1 MDE account

icesk8abc

Mouseketeer
I'm not really sure where this question should go so I took a guess and hoped the moderators would kindly move it if I am wrong.

We are traveling in September with my in-laws. They do not have any need for their own MDE account. We are staying in 2 separate rooms we are taking a 10 day trip and they are taking a 6 day trip within that time. We both have free dining staying at Pop.

Will I cause any problems adding both of our reservations to my MDE account? I DO NOT want my mother in law to have access to it. She's the kind to go in and click on a million things just to see what happens and would lose all our dining/FP+ reservations by accident and think it was funny. This will most likely be a one and done trip for them as they don't really have any attachment to Disney. They just want to go with our girls.

I know the other option is to create a fake MDE for them, but I would rather not if it isn't necessary.

I didn't think you could, but I just did it a few days ago! I'm going with a group of 7 to CR in November. We have 5 in a suite and 2 in a regular room. I wanted everything in one MDE, but really thought I would need to have two accounts and then link them together. Nope! I simply put one reservation in the MDE account where we will do all of the planning and then added the other one to the same MDE account and they are both there!

Yes you can. I actually had two exact same rooms booked for the same guests at the same time in the same resort. I had a stay booked for this summer and had to rebook to get the summer special (couldn’t modify it to make the change for a couple reasons). Shortly after making the double booking I canceled the original booking. So it can be done

You can do it all on yours, just put them all on your account
I even did a similar trip. Only I have an MDE account, no one else in the family does
Booked room with me as lead guest, then added DD and DGD in the room, booked it for 7 days
Booked another room with me as lead guest, then added DH, booked room for 5 days
Requested connecting rooms as our only request. Arrived at the resort, and got our connecting rooms.
In our case, I was going to be in room with DH for the 5 nights he was there then when he left I'd move to the other room for the remaining 2 nights.
When we checked in, there were no issues. I had my MB work the room with DH for the first 5 nights and then the other room for the last 2 nights

We did this when we went with my parents cause yup my mom would do the same thing. I had issues linking our fast passes as it said I had to send a reques5 which she couldn’t accept so I called and they linked everything up for us I controlled only my reservation but all of our FPS

No problem at all. I have 4 reservations in my account right now. I’m only on one of them.

You can do it all on yours, just put them all on your account
I even did a similar trip. Only I have an MDE account, no one else in the family does
Booked room with me as lead guest, then added DD and DGD in the room, booked it for 7 days
Booked another room with me as lead guest, then added DH, booked room for 5 days
Requested connecting rooms as our only request. Arrived at the resort, and got our connecting rooms.
In our case, I was going to be in room with DH for the 5 nights he was there then when he left I'd move to the other room for the remaining 2 nights.
When we checked in, there were no issues. I had my MB work the room with DH for the first 5 nights and then the other room for the last 2 nights

This is really fascinating to me. For our CR trip, we have 7 people total. I currently have 5 booked in a CL suite and 2 booked in a regular room. What I really wanted to do was put all 7 of us in the CL suite (as a package with tickets) and then just book the second room as a room-only (to ensure everyone has CL access). When I asked the CM if I could do this, she said, no, they would do a "system purge" and realize I had the same people in two rooms and would simply cancel my reservations, but, based on your experience, it doesn't sound like that would actually happen?

This is really fascinating to me. For our CR trip, we have 7 people total. I currently have 5 booked in a CL suite and 2 booked in a regular room. What I really wanted to do was put all 7 of us in the CL suite (as a package with tickets) and then just book the second room as a room-only (to ensure everyone has CL access). When I asked the CM if I could do this, she said, no, they would do a "system purge" and realize I had the same people in two rooms and would simply cancel my reservations, but, based on your experience, it doesn't sound like that would actually happen?
Didn't happen to me
Granted I never asked either. I just did it in MDE myself
Only call to Disney was to ask them to link the two reservations together in hopes of a connecting room.

Thank you everyone. I’m actually in control of both reservations, and they are paying us back. They don’t even have a separate email attached to the reservation. I just wanted to make sure I didn’t make the system mess up everything when I tried it.

We booked two rooms this time because of the size of our family. I was worried I would have to create a second account. It worked out that the system accepted both. Each reservation has it’s own confirmation number. My husband is lead on one reservation with two kids and I’m lead on the other with two kids. Hoping everything goes smooth for the 60 day fast pass.

I have two rooms booked. My mom as lead in one with two of our kids, I'm lead on other with DH and two kids. My mom has never been on the MDE. I made all ADRs and FPs. I have all 7 of us listed under family..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter